Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CO - Alphonse Michael "Mike" Barbiere, 23, Breckenridge, Feb 2008 - #2

Will do, I'm flying at the panic attack place. I'll have a green tea or other

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    What about sending an email to one of the reporters of the articles posted? They simply reported LE says "case closed".
    The reporters should be from local television stations so we can get a video quote instead of in print. They should be all over this.

I keep thinking WWMFD? (what would Mark Fuhrman do) LOL
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Will do, I'm flying at the panic attack place. I'll have a green tea or other
    I vote for "other". Take a deep breath and calm down. This is a lot to take in and even if it is what you expected...it is still like getting punched in the gut.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

from what I'm reading about various cases of people dying of hypothermia, not everybody gets to that warmth/taking off clothes stage...alot of them died before it ever got to that point.

But, you're right, being in water and alchol are factors that accellerate HT. He could have had snow all over him and it got melted/wet and that may have accellerated the process. Maybe he found shelter but in a little while he decided to start walking again.

We just don't know how long he was out there...it could have been at most maybe 5 or 6 hours. From when he was last seen at around 1 am to around 6 am (sunrise). Could have been sooner or later, we just don't know. There are alot of unknown factors in this situation, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    The reporters should be from local television stations so we can get a video quote instead of in print. They should be all over this.

I keep thinking WWMFD? (w

LOLhat would Mark Fuhrman do) LOL
    LOL- I'm not sure he won't be in the pic soon.

I was so NOT gonna post this, but in fairness, there was no prepared article on Mike's tox results until I sent 2 emails to reporters from both outlests, starting at 10:35 am today, ending this afternoon. Mike was an afterthought, in my opinion, there was never going to be a release on this,
    it was up to reporters to ask the question. I also know that these results were available yesterday... hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    from what I'm reading about various cases of people dying of hypothermia, not everybody gets to that warmth/taking off clothes stage...alot of them died before it ever got to that point.

But, you're right, being in water and alchol are factors that accellerate HT. He could have had snow all over him and it got melted/wet and that may have accellerated the process. Maybe he found shelter but in a little while he decided to start walking again.

We just don't know how long he was out there...it could have been at most maybe 5 or 6 hours. From when he was last seen at around 1 am to around 6 am (sunrise). Could have been sooner or later, we just don't know. There are alot of unknown factors in this situation, that's for sure.
    MSW, respectfully, I have read up to 50% of cases have the paradoxial "undressing" your referring to. They also do a "hide and die" phenomena- that beinf said, absent both of those, what the hell would Mike leave his friends for and be in a field for 5-6 hours, doesn't gaszinta..

I vote for "other". Take a deep breath and calm down. This is a lot to take in and even if it is what you expected...it is still like getting punched in the gut.

, trying..

Blink:

Your doing good..................keep researching if that will help. Maybe.......going out and talking to Mike will help...........

Wish I had the "magic words" to say, but I don't. If I can do anything to help............research something, email people, etc. please let me know.

Hang in there and God and Mike will guide you to find all the answers you need and peace eventually.

I truly believe that...............

You are right...doesn't gaszinta!! (There is that word again! It should be the lead in an article for Mike.)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

May I ask what "gaszinta" means? If it's personal, keep it that way.

LOL It means doesn't fit, doesn't gel, doesn't work etc. in Italian. Not really personal since it was on an earlier post from Blink...but I get a kick out of the new "words" she brings to WS.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Thanks SS. I agree Blink has brought some new words here.

I am LOL right now as I grew up in an Italian househould, and I'm sure my grandparents and my father must have said that word.............but I never learned any Italian.

Can't wait to see my Dad this weekend and say that word to him and see what he says back!

Thanks for explaining.

I hope you and Blink and others are able to come to a conclusion on how Mike died and be able to reconcile the conclusion to Mike's life. (I think you know what I mean even if I didn't say it correctly in WS speak.)

Let us know if it really means something entirely different. LOL (I think she said it came from one of her gal pals.)

Yes, it is difficult for Blink right now because it is a lot to not only digest, but the uphill battle is facing her. With LE having closed the case and the ME signing off...we know it is not going to be easy to even investigate what happened to Mike. However, it certainly doesn't mean we are not going to try!! Jump right in here. He deserves not only to have his name restored after LE trashed him to the press...but to have justice and truth brought to the forefront.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Thanks SS. I agree Blink has brought some new words here.

I am LOL right now as I grew up in an Italian househould, and I'm sure my grandparents and my father must have said that word.............but I never learned any Italian.

Can't wait to see my Dad this weekend and say that word to him and see what he says back!

Thanks for explaining.

I hope you and Blink and others are able to come to a conclusion on how Mike died and be able to reconcile the conclusion to Mike's life. (I think you know what I mean even if I didn't say it correctly in WS speak.)
    LD- how aweet are you?? I take no claim for the word, my piasona friedn taught me- translation: " does not go into" meaning old school, mcan't divide by, or as we contempoaries say- doesnt gaszinta

Let us know if it really means something entirely different. LOL (I think she said it came from one of her gal pals.)

Yes, it is difficult for Blink right now because it is a lot to not only digest, but the uphill battle is facing her. With LE having closed the case and the ME signing off...we know it is not going to be easy to even investigate what happened to Mike. However, it certainly doesn't mean we are not going to try!! Jump right in here. He deserves not only to have his name restored after LE trashed him to the press...but to have justice and truth brought to the forefront.

SS- thank you. I check myself as often as I can- we are talking about basic humanity here- agreed on the onset I am fired up- but the key to calibration is, at the end of the day- does it make a diff- I still say it does

Blink:

At the end of each day.......it's all you have..............so IMO every day counts toward the next..........

Some people beleive that once the day is over with.........you start over again the next day anew.........

Others beleive that what happens on one day that you end up with........continues on to the next.....

The calibration you brought up..........good analogy. Reminds me of my husband and his cars.............if something is amiss, he says I have to go and calibrate the car. He calls it fine tuning.........

Now that I am done with that...........did you go out for a walk or anything to help yourself calm done from hours ago?

I don't think SS's suggestion of green tea is what you did. LOL

Blink:

At the end of each day.......it's all you have..............so IMO every day counts toward the next..........

Some people beleive that once the day is over with.........you start over again the next day anew.........

Others beleive that what happens on one day that you end up with........continues on to the next.....

The calibration you brought up..........good analogy. Reminds me of my husband and his cars.............if something is amiss, he says I have to go and calibrate the car. He calls it fine tuning.........
    LOL ..ld.. how do I say it ends on one day and starts again- that would be disingenous on my part- It actually is in phases, meaning, the priority of how it relates to your fam member changes, I am learning to pick my battle"

Now that I am done with that...........did you go out for a walk or anything to help yourself calm done from hours ago?

I don't think SS's suggestion of green tea is what you did. LOL
    should have read these in successtion- we took a walk in the park/woods nearby which remind me of Mike, and we collected some rocks from the
    creek where our kids play and I put them in the bottom of our water gardens for , I don't know, a piece of him here.. And then, I did not have green tea

I did not recommend the green tea. Let's get that straight. LOL

I am glad about the rocks you found, Blink. Don't know why...just feel it is a good thing for you.

Everything will play out in it's entirety and I have faith that you are going to see it through. The important thing is to know is we are here for you and will do whatever we can to help.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Blink God bless and sweet dreams for tonight. Mike is in a finer, better place. So as long as this takes, it will be fine with him. He knows you care and are struggling to get this right. He will be by your side until this is finished, as we will too.

Amen!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Thanks Chico and *hugs* back. I feel like we at least got Mike back, even though there is still alot we don't know yet. But there are alot of families that have not been that fortunate .(seems like a ridiculous word in these circumstances) There are alot of people on here that were brought from there own pain tragically-
    Yes Blink, I agree, and maybe more friends of victims of violence will be motivated to become advocates for the missing, murdered, etc. Not to embarrass you, but your dedication to your friend's son has made me want to work harder to help families affected by violence.

Myself and my children are victims of domestic violence and are involved in d v awareness programs in our area. I work for a major, non-profit insurance company in CA and we do a lot of charity work for victims of all types of violence.

I hope that the cause of Mike's death comes out soon. I also hope that at least one person (more would be AWESOME) on this thread takes the time out of their lives to do something positive for someone else. Whether they be missing, in danger, abused, scared, etc., PLEASE do something to try and help. If they are not open to talking about it, maybe you can contact their local PD, a friend, or even a relative to let them know that something is not right. This could save so many lives.

I hope y'all understand what I am trying to say. I have a million thoughts,yet they are hard to write clear enough for y'all to understand my point. Y'all are smart, and I know that together, WS can make a difference.- It already has in many ways.

Thank you Trish, Christine2448, Windchime, and my neighbor Chicoliving, as well as all you other mods. You have truly created a website that crime victims and advocates can brainstorm together and honestly share their opinions without being taunted. I can honestly say I am a WS addict! (and dont want to get sober..lol) I truly feel that from the bottom of my heart.

A lot of times families are so mentally scarred from what their families went thru with not only the crimes, but the justice system afterwards. They either take a stance and fight for their family member and others just like them, or they slip into obscurity hoping that people will forget the horror they went thru.

If any of you advocates are out there and need help, Im here for you- Just holler

My ST Anthony prayer worked for Michael, Jon Van Dyke, and a few others. I continue to pray for the other missing also. God Bless them and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    You're a blessing for the family.
    You have been such an assett not only to the Barbiere Family but thanks for sending SS over to Meghan Landowski forum. We need help and SS is so good and follows so many case, I never thought to just ask her- duh

Thanks hon- Im sure Mikes family feels the same way- You are a blessing!
    Last edited by Chicogirl36; 04-19-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicogirl36 View Post
    You have been such an asset not only to the Barbiere Family but thanks for sending SS over to Meghan Landowski forum. We need help and SS is so good and follows so many case, I never thought to just ask her- duh

Thanks hon- Im sure Mike's family feels the same way- You are a blessing!
    Well...I am flattered, but I just add my two cents like everyone else! If you want to ask me to join a discussion anytime...please don't hesistate...I'd be glad to! I have change to spare!

Blink is an extraordinary person who has only just begun her journey with us and has already shown she truly is a valuable gem. Right now, I think she needs to concentrate on her task at hand and we can give back by helping her. Mike is counting on us all.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast