Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: CO - Alphonse Michael "Mike" Barbiere, 23, Breckenridge, Feb 2008 - #2

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Blink, I just read Mike's mom's post from the 19th. So there WAS a BAL...just not reported in the papers, obviously. She also offered copies of the autopsy for anyone who was interested. The fact that people are still posting on the website is a true testament to the person Mike was. Bless them all.
    No , as far as a result for BAL, there was a negative, sorry, it's medical jargon. Legally and officially, Mike did not have any alcohol in his system.

A true testament to his person is that the homeless that he fed every week after having a Wall street job, came to his wake, but did not want to dishonor his fam by coming in because of their dress.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Blink, that is my favorite photo, too. He was so handsome, fit, and just an all American guy. You are right...he looks like he could be anyone's son. It gives me chills.
    Thanks- SS
    he was a beautiful boy with the entire world in from of him- I'm pissed, but resolved. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Blink, I just read Mike's mom's post from the 19th. So there WAS a BAL...just not reported in the papers, obviously. She also offered copies of the autopsy for anyone who was interested. The fact that people are still posting on the website is a true testament to the person Mike was. Bless them all.
    RR- the BAl was negative, the reading has to do with BAC, but in short is devoid of booze. The autopsy report that Chris is referring to is AP release to the tox result, which has already been reported. Mo-one has a complete copy of the autopsy and we are told it is not available for another 6-8 weeks. THanks for looking at the site

Blink...I understood all that about the BAC...but I could have sworn I read somewhere that LE said there wasn't one...when in fact there WAS- it was just basically negative for alcohol. Sorry for the confusion. You sound tired, dear Blink. Why don't you rest...at least for a while. We'll still be here when you need us.

Thank you, and you are right, weary- I guess I think everyday is the day that we might uncover the truth. This is a marathon and not a sprint, I keep forgetting that. Thanks for reminding me in such a gentle way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    No , as far as a result for BAL, there was a negative, sorry, it's medical jargon. Legally and officially, Mike did not have any alcohol in his system.

A true testament to his person is that the homeless that he fed every week after having a Wall street job, came to his wake, but did not want to dishonor his fam by coming in because of their dress.
    That is such a touching and beautiful sentiment that he fed the poor and they were humbled by him.

Please take care of yourself Blink. These things take time and it ain't over till the fat lady sings...I don't hear any singing..so we will continue a methodic pace to work this case.

Still standing here with you.
    DD

I'm still here too. I don't know what I can contribute but I want you to know you and all of Mike's family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    That is such a touching and beautiful sentiment that he fed the poor and they were humbled by him.

Please take care of yourself Blink. These things take time and it ain't over till the fat lady sings...I don't hear any singing..so we will continue a methodic pace to work this case.

Still standing here with you.
    DD
    Thank you so much DD and Tran, and all of you, I could not stay in this fight without your support- I truly mean that.

DD-I know as a Mom, we all say this about our kids, but he was truly a good soul , unless he tells me to personally, I will never give up on knowing what happened to him

me too, I'm still here with you !

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    me too, I'm still here with you !
    Thata girl, thank you

Blink:

For whatever it's worth, I was off work yesterday and spent most of my day reading the first thread. When it came to the first post of Mike's death..............My heart skipped a beat and I screamed NO....

Even though I had already knew the outcome from reading the second thread.

From the first thread, most of my questions have been answered. Love these WS's!!

I will keep reading and scratching off my questions that I have not seen answered and then I will post my questions.

Blink: I am so sorry that you have lost such a good friend. I am also thinking that "Mikes" family is blessed to have such a good friend that wants all questions about how and why Mike died..........answered.

I truly believe that you will find the answer(s) and be able to tell the family how Mike died when you are satisfied you have investigated every angle that you think needs to be investigated.

Please know that all of us will be here for you. Also, please accept whatever the truth leads you.

Littledeer

p.s. If I have said anything to offend you..........sorry.

Blink, in catching up on another case I was reminded of Chris Jenkins. He was last seen leaving a bar and found dead 4 days later. LE initially wrote his case off as an accident or suicide because of his BAC. It took four years, but with the help of a PI, Chris' family was able to have his death ruled a homicide. Here is a link to an article about Chris. I read the below quote and thought of you and Mike's family.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2209532.shtml

The Jenkins weren't satisfied with the assessment of the case made by police "because we knew Chris," his sister, Sara Lightner, told The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen. "That's all we needed to know. There were some signs on the body and there are too many things to get into now, but more so than anything we knew Chris, we knew his character and we know this was not a choice of his."

Here is his rememberence page with contact info. His family might be able to help you somehow.

http://www.rememberchrisjenkins.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Blink:

For whatever it's worth, I was off work yesterday and spent most of my day reading the first thread. When it came to the first post of Mike's death..............My heart skipped a beat and I screamed NO....

Even though I had already knew the outcome from reading the second thread.

From the first thread, most of my questions have been answered. Love these WS's!!

I will keep reading and scratching off my questions that I have not seen answered and then I will post my questions.

Blink: I am so sorry that you have lost such a good friend. I am also thinking that "Mikes" family is blessed to have such a good friend that wants all questions about how and why Mike died..........answered.

I truly believe that you will find the answer(s) and be able to tell the family how Mike died when you are satisfied you have investigated every angle that you think needs to be investigated.

Please know that all of us will be here for you. Also, please accept whatever the truth leads you.

Littledeer

p.s. If I have said anything to offend you..........sorry.
    LD- at no time have I ever felt anything but kindness and support by you, thank you. I so look forward to your unanswered questions, I believe they will help. I am ready to accept the truth, elusive as it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Blink, in catching up on another case I was reminded of Chris Jenkins. He was last seen leaving a bar and found dead 4 days later. LE initially wrote his case off as an accident or suicide because of his BAC. It took four years, but with the help of a PI, Chris' family was able to have his death ruled a homicide. Here is a link to an article about Chris. I read the below quote and thought of you and Mike's family.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2209532.shtml

The Jenkins weren't satisfied with the assessment of the case made by police "because we knew Chris," his sister, Sara Lightner, told The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen. "That's all we needed to know. There were some signs on the body and there are too many things to get into now, but more so than anything we knew Chris, we knew his character and we know this was not a choice of his."

Here is his rememberence page with contact info. His family might be able to help you somehow.

http://www.rememberchrisjenkins.com/
    SQ- AAAHH, as a side effect Of MIke's case, I have studied hundreds of MP cases, Chris is one. Alow me to post tomorrow, with a cleared head, the numbers of other men that are currently mising. Thank you for the insight

SQ- AAAHH, as a side effect Of MIke's case, I have studied hundreds of MP cases, Chris is one. Alow me to post tomorrow, with a cleared head, the numbers of other men that are currently mising. Thank you for the insight
    I understand and I look forward to your post.

Great post Suzi...sometimes I begin to think maybe it's just me...maybe it's just the way they said...but, maybe it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I understand and I look forward to your post.
    SQ-
    from the other thread:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

I'm posting it here as well for 2 reasons: whether or not this could be related to Mike's case, it should show NOT to take things as they are handed to you by LE, AND when I started researching these cases because of Mike, I started a notebook of my research and I have notes on all of these men and more, questioning a connection , to see this now is PROFOUND.

When I watched that video I was stunned by some similarities to Mike's case. The person last seen going in one direction, the body found in an opposite direction, the leaving of a cellphone or wallet as evidence.

Just seems to be alot of similarities to Mike's case. Maybe those detectives need to know about Mike. Also maybe the parents in NYC of the boy last seen in a bar there would also talk with you.

Hey Blink - Still thinking of Mike and wishing you well. I've been in and out lately, still following along, but not much time to post. Still hoping for the truth and some clarity for Mike, his friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    When I watched that video I was stunned by some similarities to Mike's case. The person last seen going in one direction, the body found in an opposite direction, the leaving of a cellphone or wallet as evidence.

Just seems to be alot of similarities to Mike's case. Maybe those detectives need to know about Mike. Also maybe the parents in NYC of the boy last seen in a bar there would also talk with you.
    DD- as usual you are right on, I have limited access online over the next 2 days- did you see anywhere if the detectives contact info is listed? If anyone could PM it I would greatly appreciate it.

DD- as usual you are right on, I have limited access online over the next 2 days- did you see anywhere if the detectives contact info is listed? If anyone could PM it I would greatly appreciate it.
    There was not any contact info for the detectives Gannon and Duarte in the story..which is unusal. So I sent off an email to Kristi Piehl who is the main investigative reporter asking her how I could contact them. I didn't give any names or specifics, just that I had some info on another disappearance in another state I would like to pass on to them. I will PM you her answer.

You rock, DD

certainly Brian Schaffer's case comes to mind...

Comments on article for Mike

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/view...&sd=a&start=20

This is a comments section on an article for Mike, hopefully it is ok to post- feel free to weigh in-?? Need the numbers, it's all locals

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/view...&sd=a&start=20

This is a comments section on an article for Mike, hopefully it is ok to post- feel free to weigh in-?? Need the numbers, it's all locals
    Wow does the sheriff and company have wife and friends posting to defend him? They are pretty adament they want this thing dropped ..as in put up or shut up..esspecially the posts that alludes to a lawsuit..makes me think they know something is wrong and are anticipating such..rather then a nice normal discussion on a news website?
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 04-26-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast