Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do these bruises look familiar?

Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    It won't let me see the pictures.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Won't let me neither. Says I don't have permission to access.

Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Wouldn't let see the pictures! I really want to see to see them
    I have always thought Darlie injuries were self inflicted. I think she's right where she belongs!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tempusfugit For This Useful Post:

me either

Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    No, I can't see that either. I can when I preview the post though. I'll get on to admin and get some help.
    I'll keep checking back.

Oh WOW!!!!! You need to take some more pic's after a week or two to show us how they look. I wonder if the dark coloring of Darlie's depends on the actually person. I think we all bruise differently.
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    I could see them, and they sure do look similar. Thanks for posting this, Deb.

And sorry about your bruises- looks like it hurts!!

OUCH!!!!
    Looks similar to me as well.

Thank you for posting the pictures. I initially believed the bruising was self-inflicted but then wondered if Darin had been responsible. Now I am back to the original theory. Doesn't look to me that this would be that hard to accomplish, (though I am very sorry for any discomfort you may be experiencing). DO take pictures of the bruising as it further develops.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Wow! Good observation. Now if we just had the video of you on the porch bending over with your hand through the mail slot trying to fish for the curtain we might be able to make a better determination.

I don't think they match up. Darlie's had some sort of pattern to them, like corduroy materal.

Sorry you're injured....but the bruises do look similar. Just from your story, it doesn't seem to me like it was too difficult to bruise your arms like that. What I mean is, if you caused that much bruising trying to unlock your door, just imagine what it took for Darlie to do that to her arms. I think she slammed them in the door or something.

Forgot to mention .... did anyone notice the "poor, pitiful me" look on her face in the bruises pictures? What a psycho.

Did the house on Eagle Dr have a mail slot if not what could she have wedged her arms into to do the amount of damage seen in the photos?
    If she did it after the fact (the murders) could she really have done it in the hospital without being seen or messing up her IV'S or stitches?
    The prosecution said the scene was staged so the bruising would also be staged. Witnesses at the hospital saw the bruises and the time line for bruises to appear is correct.
    There is a few photos of me on MySpace 5 days after a horseback riding accident, I look pretty rough and the bruises were starting to really show up, Day 7 I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Tyson (and lost).
    The bruises Darlie had are real, the time for them to be made would have been at the time of the murders and not after. Call it more staging if you want but they more likely than not occured at the time of the murders.
    myspace.girattlesnakejane

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast