Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Do these bruises look familiar?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    277

    Do these bruises look familiar?

    Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

    The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

    Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

    I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    hipmamajen's Avatar
    hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,235
    It won't let me see the pictures.
    Just thinkin' out loud....


  3. #3
    Won't let me neither. Says I don't have permission to access.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mountains
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

    The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

    Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

    I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Wouldn't let see the pictures! I really want to see to see them
    I have always thought Darlie injuries were self inflicted. I think she's right where she belongs!!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to tempusfugit For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,433
    me either

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    mountains
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    No, I can't see that either. I can when I preview the post though. I'll get on to admin and get some help.
    I'll keep checking back.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC - home of BBQ
    Posts
    619
    Oh WOW!!!!! You need to take some more pic's after a week or two to show us how they look. I wonder if the dark coloring of Darlie's depends on the actually person. I think we all bruise differently.
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

    Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

  9. #8
    IrishMist's Avatar
    IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Tennessee
    Posts
    7,627
    I could see them, and they sure do look similar. Thanks for posting this, Deb.

    And sorry about your bruises- looks like it hurts!!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    672
    Sorry you're injured....but the bruises do look similar. Just from your story, it doesn't seem to me like it was too difficult to bruise your arms like that. What I mean is, if you caused that much bruising trying to unlock your door, just imagine what it took for Darlie to do that to her arms. I think she slammed them in the door or something.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    672
    Forgot to mention .... did anyone notice the "poor, pitiful me" look on her face in the bruises pictures? What a psycho.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Forgot to mention .... did anyone notice the "poor, pitiful me" look on her face in the bruises pictures? What a psycho.
    Yes, I did. Sickening isn't it?

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lubbock,Texas
    Posts
    92
    Did the house on Eagle Dr have a mail slot if not what could she have wedged her arms into to do the amount of damage seen in the photos?
    If she did it after the fact (the murders) could she really have done it in the hospital without being seen or messing up her IV'S or stitches?
    The prosecution said the scene was staged so the bruising would also be staged. Witnesses at the hospital saw the bruises and the time line for bruises to appear is correct.
    There is a few photos of me on MySpace 5 days after a horseback riding accident, I look pretty rough and the bruises were starting to really show up, Day 7 I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Tyson (and lost).
    The bruises Darlie had are real, the time for them to be made would have been at the time of the murders and not after. Call it more staging if you want but they more likely than not occured at the time of the murders.
    myspace.girattlesnakejane

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    277
    Sorry I've taken so long to post update pictures - probs at work.
    The pics are to demonstrate the length of bruising up my arm.
    Now take a look at Darlie's bruising on her left arm.
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/index.html
    Defence Exhibit 84, State Exhibit 52-M and 52-N.
    How do you thing she got a bruise of that LENGTH on the inside of her arm? Not from a fist, that's for sure. She either slammed a door or a drawer on her arm.
    She always was her own worst enemy. Here she obviously went with her mantra "bigger is better". That's what I think anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Columbia, SC
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    Sorry I've taken so long to post update pictures - probs at work.
    The pics are to demonstrate the length of bruising up my arm.
    Now take a look at Darlie's bruising on her left arm.
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/index.html
    Defence Exhibit 84, State Exhibit 52-M and 52-N.
    How do you thing she got a bruise of that LENGTH on the inside of her arm? Not from a fist, that's for sure. She either slammed a door or a drawer on her arm.
    She always was her own worst enemy. Here she obviously went with her mantra "bigger is better". That's what I think anyway.
    When were bruises photographed? Asking because the color of these bruises appear to make the bruises look at a minimum 7 to 10 days old.


    http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C458613.html
    Bruises can last from days to months and usually occur in several stages. A bruise generally starts out as a pinkish-red area or as tiny red dots or blotches on the skin. The bruise may be very small and may blend in with the texture of the skin, or it may be large, swollen, and painful. Within days to a week or so, the bruise becomes more purple. As it heals, it becomes brownish-yellow. Generally, bruises heal and disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.


    This link is a pic of a bruise about 2 weeks old:
    http://www.cheezy.net/blog/archives/2007_02.php

    A comparison pic of a bruise 2 weeks old and one that is new:
    http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/p...324-Bruise.jpg

    I guess what I am saying is... with my experience of deaing with multiple types of bruises, contusions, hematomas, etc., 2 things glare out at me... The bruises appear to be old, and they do not appear to fit her story. As a nurse, we are taught that if the injuries do not fit the story, that we should question the validity of the story. This is why I question the validity of Darlie's story(s).
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

    There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:


  17. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    When were bruises photographed? Asking because the color of these bruises appear to make the bruises look at a minimum 7 to 10 days old.


    http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C458613.html
    Bruises can last from days to months and usually occur in several stages. A bruise generally starts out as a pinkish-red area or as tiny red dots or blotches on the skin. The bruise may be very small and may blend in with the texture of the skin, or it may be large, swollen, and painful. Within days to a week or so, the bruise becomes more purple. As it heals, it becomes brownish-yellow. Generally, bruises heal and disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.


    This link is a pic of a bruise about 2 weeks old:
    http://www.cheezy.net/blog/archives/2007_02.php

    A comparison pic of a bruise 2 weeks old and one that is new:
    http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/p...324-Bruise.jpg

    I guess what I am saying is... with my experience of deaing with multiple types of bruises, contusions, hematomas, etc., 2 things glare out at me... The bruises appear to be old, and they do not appear to fit her story. As a nurse, we are taught that if the injuries do not fit the story, that we should question the validity of the story. This is why I question the validity of Darlie's story(s).
    The bruises on the inside of her arm near the elbow look a bit old. I am more bothered by the fact that they don't appear to be bruises from a blow.

    What do you think of the long bruise on the underside of her arm?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.


  18. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    The bruises Darlie had are real, the time for them to be made would have been at the time of the murders and not after. Call it more staging if you want but they more likely than not occured at the time of the murders.
    She could have started on the bruising and the itty bitty cuts to her hands any time after Darin went to bed. I think that the massive bruise to the underside of her right arm was blood from the damaged tissues in the big arm stab seeping down to its lowest level whilst she was laying in the hospital bed.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to DebC For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    She could have started on the bruising and the itty bitty cuts to her hands any time after Darin went to bed. I think that the massive bruise to the underside of her right arm was blood from the damaged tissues in the big arm stab seeping down to its lowest level whilst she was laying in the hospital bed.
    Totally agree. I think that the bruising is a red herring for the most part.

  21. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southcentral Pennsylvania
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    If she did it after the fact (the murders) could she really have done it in the hospital without being seen or messing up her IV'S or stitches?
    I doubt she did it in the hospital. More likely she inflicted them after being released, probably on June 8th. The stitches were on the outside of her forearm, so they wouldn't necessarily have been disturbed.

    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    Witnesses at the hospital saw the bruises and the time line for bruises to appear is correct.
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. There was no bruising in the hospital, not even redness on her right arm. The only people who said she had bruises were members of her family, and they're not known for their truthfulness.

    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    The bruises Darlie had are real, the time for them to be made would have been at the time of the murders and not after.
    Here's the problem with your timeline: The blunt trauma needed to produce the bruises seen on June 10th would have shown up as redness and swelling in the hospital if she had been beaten on June 6th. You don't sustain blunt trauma like that & see absolutely no sign of it for 2 1/2 days. Darlie's right arm was checked by nurses and doctors every day, and they saw nothing.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you used to baby sit for Darlie?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary456 For This Useful Post:


  23. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lubbock,Texas
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    I doubt she did it in the hospital. More likely she inflicted them after being released, probably on June 8th. The stitches were on the outside of her forearm, so they wouldn't necessarily have been disturbed.

    You are giving too little time for the bruises to develop and look as bad as they did.


    Tsk, tsk, tsk. There was no bruising in the hospital, not even redness on her right arm. The only people who said she had bruises were members of her family, and they're not known for their truthfulness.

    On truthfulness we agree but photos taken of her in her hospital bed show bruising under her elbow and upper arms. The camera doesn't have an opinion or lie.

    Here's the problem with your timeline: The blunt trauma needed to produce the bruises seen on June 10th wouldown as she claims. Pustain if they were held ssd have shown up as redness and swelling in the hospital if she had been beaten on June 6th. You don't sustain blunt trauma like that & see absolutely no sign of it for 2 1/2 days. Darlie's right arm was checked by nurses and doctors every day, and they saw nothing.

    I am surmising it wasn't blunt trauma -steady pressure enough to bruise but not break the skin. If it was blunt trauma evidence of whatever she used door drawer etc., SLAMMING MARKS would be present in a linear pattern. More like a pinching type of bruise, hard enough like my older sister used to do to me when we were kids. It left a slight minor red spot which went away quickly but then the bruise would show up later, it seemed the worse the bruise was the longer it took to show up as the blood had to rise to the surface of the skin from deep inside the muscle instead of when she barely got a hold on me and pinched really hard. as the damage done to the muscle was not as deep.Those showed up quickly.

    Life example: My niece was a biter as a toddler tooth marks were obvious therefore her teeth left an impression on the skin before the bruise showed up a day or two later. The worse the bite the deeper the skin imperfections were. Those look pretty bad as far as bruises go therefore some impression of what was used door, drawer, etc. would also be present along with the bruise. If she is staging a scene she needs to simulate long steady pressure to achieve that kind of damage and it also goes along with being pinned down - her story right.
    ITS JMO but I would have a hard time self inflicting wounds like she had. That why I surmised an electric garage door closing on it. Let the garage door apply the pressure all you have to do is withstand the pain and hit the remote when the pain became too great.
    The regular door, I have another theory associated with it as well but before I start another long drawn out post, I am a woman of many words I won't deny, must wait till after I eat something . I'll post it tonight if I have time if not tonight then tomorrow.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you used to baby sit for Darlie?

    Yes you are correct, I have known Darlie Kee, Denny Stahl, Darlie Lynn (as we called her back then) Dana, and Danielle since July of 1978 nearly 30 years. She also babysat for me as well.

  24. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lubbock,Texas
    Posts
    92
    How does anyone self-inflict those kinds of bruises and not injure the elbow joint too? Like slamming in a drawer or door would cause.The lines from the contact area would be visable too, like your photos show the area where the mail slot and your arm had the most pressure applied. Impacting a limb in a drawer or door would cause damage, at least swelling ,to the joint from the quick extreme force applied to the limb. The bruises you experienced are only similar in the fact that they are on your arms. They are not as severe looking nor do they spread uninterrupted from your wrist to under your arm pit The mail slot has four sides to it and your movements back and forth trying to retrieve the curtain rod made you come into contact with all four sides at different points of contact on your arm.The most pressure applied points show up as a red spot in your initial pics. The bruises I got on horseback didn't even look as bad as Darlie's and believe me a horse slamming you into apple trees at full run causes damage and a lot of swelling. I had direct force contact bruising. If a door or drawer was used it wasn't slammed it would have to be steady pressure applied to the length of the arm and could have been done by someone inserting their arm into a door between the frame then held there for some time. Darlie's bruises IMO are pressure applied bruises. HMMM..... We all know they fought that night, if Darin was trying to retreat to another room and Darlie put her arm up trying to prevent the door from being closed then her arm would be caught between the door frame and the door. Both arms are bruised although and as DP stated some type of pattern is on them as well. I can also think of one other door that could apply steady pressure- a garage door with the child safety disabled or an old one without that feature. Both arms would have to be done too. From my understanding after the murders and her release from the hospital she wasn't left alone at her home or anywhere else. Another IMO the bruises were inflicted shortly before or at the time of the murders.
    I'm trying to be objective here so I have to look at all possible scenarios I have never been satisfied that the whole truth guilt or innocence has been answered.

  25. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lubbock,Texas
    Posts
    92
    Post was turning into a book so I left this out. Blood thinners will make any bruise appear much worse. My mom takes Coumidin and a simple bang of her hand against the countertop looked like she had been boxing without gloves on. Was Darlie given any medications in the hospital that have a blood thinning effect?

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GIRattlesnakeJane For This Useful Post:


  27. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC - home of BBQ
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    Post was turning into a book so I left this out. Blood thinners will make any bruise appear much worse. My mom takes Coumidin and a simple bang of her hand against the countertop looked like she had been boxing without gloves on. Was Darlie given any medications in the hospital that have a blood thinning effect?
    She could also bruise easy. Not everyone bruises the same. I do not take blood thinners - never have and I bruise easier than fruit. I can brush up against something and it will turn a deep purple and stay that color for quite sometime. So I think it depends on the person.

    I like your theory about Darin trying to leave the room and close the door with Darlie placing her arm in and trying to prevent it. Never thought of that one.

    Question: How come all of the nurses from the Emergency Room that night testified that they DID NOT see any bruises?
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

    Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to whitywendy For This Useful Post:


  29. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southcentral Pennsylvania
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by GIRattlesnakeJane View Post
    Was Darlie given any medications in the hospital that have a blood thinning effect?
    No. Darlie had lost some blood; they sure wouldn't want to thin it!

  30. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lubbock,Texas
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary456 View Post
    No. Darlie had lost some blood; they sure wouldn't want to thin it!

    Unless clotting is a factor they are trying to avoid as blood and blood products (plasma) can be given to replace blood loss.

  31. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    I've been looking for links of self-inflicted bruises so that we can see what others have done to themselves in the past. In the case I'm about to share with you, the woman claims to have been abducted by "aliens" from another planet, which I think is bogus; however, the bruises on her body were real and self-inflicted. Here's the link:

    http://www.virtuallystrange.net/aic/pev1.htm


    If anyone else has more time and would like to conduct their own research and PLEASE share your results with us!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •