Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Do these bruises look familiar?

Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    It won't let me see the pictures.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Won't let me neither. Says I don't have permission to access.

Quote Originally Posted by DebC View Post
    Background:
    I locked myself out of my house the other night. The lock is one of those door nob on either side of the door types. The lock is released from the inside by twisting the nob, but on the outside you need a key. The trick used to be to put my hand through the letter box, hook the curtain on the inside of the door round the inside nob and pull. The handle would turn and the lock would release. Unfortunately, I had changed the curtain and the new one wouldn't do it - not enough friction. I tried and tried for about an hour, then gave up and got a locksmith. The metal letter box is just big enough to get my arm through, but not really big enough to move it about.

The result, 24 hours later, is in the pictures. Today, nearly 48 hours later, the bruising has turned almost black.

Does the size and shape seem familiar? In the first picture you can also see a green bruise which I got a couple of weeks ago from knocking into something. Completely different size. The bruising on Darlie's hands is the same as on my arms.

I always thouught her bruises were self-inflicted. Now I know for sure.
    Wouldn't let see the pictures! I really want to see to see them
    I have always thought Darlie injuries were self inflicted. I think she's right where she belongs!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tempusfugit For This Useful Post:

me either

No, I can't see that either. I can when I preview the post though. I'll get on to admin and get some help.
    I'll keep checking back.

Oh WOW!!!!! You need to take some more pic's after a week or two to show us how they look. I wonder if the dark coloring of Darlie's depends on the actually person. I think we all bruise differently.
    WhityWendy - Carolina Girl

Truth is the cry of all, but the game of few - George Bishop Berkeley

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    I could see them, and they sure do look similar. Thanks for posting this, Deb.

And sorry about your bruises- looks like it hurts!!

Sorry you're injured....but the bruises do look similar. Just from your story, it doesn't seem to me like it was too difficult to bruise your arms like that. What I mean is, if you caused that much bruising trying to unlock your door, just imagine what it took for Darlie to do that to her arms. I think she slammed them in the door or something.

Forgot to mention .... did anyone notice the "poor, pitiful me" look on her face in the bruises pictures? What a psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Forgot to mention .... did anyone notice the "poor, pitiful me" look on her face in the bruises pictures? What a psycho.
    Yes, I did. Sickening isn't it?

Did the house on Eagle Dr have a mail slot if not what could she have wedged her arms into to do the amount of damage seen in the photos?
    If she did it after the fact (the murders) could she really have done it in the hospital without being seen or messing up her IV'S or stitches?
    The prosecution said the scene was staged so the bruising would also be staged. Witnesses at the hospital saw the bruises and the time line for bruises to appear is correct.
    There is a few photos of me on MySpace 5 days after a horseback riding accident, I look pretty rough and the bruises were starting to really show up, Day 7 I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Tyson (and lost).
    The bruises Darlie had are real, the time for them to be made would have been at the time of the murders and not after. Call it more staging if you want but they more likely than not occured at the time of the murders.
    myspace.girattlesnakejane

Sorry I've taken so long to post update pictures - probs at work.
    The pics are to demonstrate the length of bruising up my arm.
    Now take a look at Darlie's bruising on her left arm.
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/index.html
    Defence Exhibit 84, State Exhibit 52-M and 52-N.
    How do you thing she got a bruise of that LENGTH on the inside of her arm? Not from a fist, that's for sure. She either slammed a door or a drawer on her arm.
    She always was her own worst enemy. Here she obviously went with her mantra "bigger is better". That's what I think anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry I've taken so long to post update pictures - probs at work.
    The pics are to demonstrate the length of bruising up my arm.
    Now take a look at Darlie's bruising on her left arm.
    http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/index.html
    Defence Exhibit 84, State Exhibit 52-M and 52-N.
    How do you thing she got a bruise of that LENGTH on the inside of her arm? Not from a fist, that's for sure. She either slammed a door or a drawer on her arm.
    She always was her own worst enemy. Here she obviously went with her mantra "bigger is better". That's what I think anyway.
    When were bruises photographed? Asking because the color of these bruises appear to make the bruises look at a minimum 7 to 10 days old.

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C458613.html
    Bruises can last from days to months and usually occur in several stages. A bruise generally starts out as a pinkish-red area or as tiny red dots or blotches on the skin. The bruise may be very small and may blend in with the texture of the skin, or it may be large, swollen, and painful. Within days to a week or so, the bruise becomes more purple. As it heals, it becomes brownish-yellow. Generally, bruises heal and disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.

This link is a pic of a bruise about 2 weeks old:
    http://www.cheezy.net/blog/archives/2007_02.php

A comparison pic of a bruise 2 weeks old and one that is new:
    http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/p...324-Bruise.jpg

I guess what I am saying is... with my experience of deaing with multiple types of bruises, contusions, hematomas, etc., 2 things glare out at me... The bruises appear to be old, and they do not appear to fit her story. As a nurse, we are taught that if the injuries do not fit the story, that we should question the validity of the story. This is why I question the validity of Darlie's story(s).
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eeyorelrn View Post
    When were bruises photographed? Asking because the color of these bruises appear to make the bruises look at a minimum 7 to 10 days old.

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C458613.html
    Bruises can last from days to months and usually occur in several stages. A bruise generally starts out as a pinkish-red area or as tiny red dots or blotches on the skin. The bruise may be very small and may blend in with the texture of the skin, or it may be large, swollen, and painful. Within days to a week or so, the bruise becomes more purple. As it heals, it becomes brownish-yellow. Generally, bruises heal and disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.

This link is a pic of a bruise about 2 weeks old:
    http://www.cheezy.net/blog/archives/2007_02.php

A comparison pic of a bruise 2 weeks old and one that is new:
    http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/p...324-Bruise.jpg

I guess what I am saying is... with my experience of deaing with multiple types of bruises, contusions, hematomas, etc., 2 things glare out at me... The bruises appear to be old, and they do not appear to fit her story. As a nurse, we are taught that if the injuries do not fit the story, that we should question the validity of the story. This is why I question the validity of Darlie's story(s).
    The bruises on the inside of her arm near the elbow look a bit old. I am more bothered by the fact that they don't appear to be bruises from a blow.

What do you think of the long bruise on the underside of her arm?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast