CA - Teen Girls Killed in Wreck After Slashing Cab Driver's Face

RWill1974

Reaction score
I know two teen-age girls were killed here but am I heartless for not being sad in this case? If I were that cab driver I'd be like :woohoo:

Teen Girls Killed in Wreck After Attempting to Rob Cab Driver by Slashing His Face

Wednesday, April 09, 2008
service_ap_36.gif

LOS ANGELES —
Two teenage girls involved in a botched robbery attempt died when the taxi they were in crashed during a high-speed chase after one teen slashed the cab driver's face, Los Angeles police said.

The driver, Javier Hernandez, 40, was treated at a hospital for minor injuries, including cuts to his neck and face, Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Lee Sands said.
The two 17-year-old girls had flagged down the cab early Tuesday and asked to be taken to a nearby housing project, where one girl said her boyfriend would come and pay the fare, police said.
Instead, a man shoved a handgun through the taxi window and grabbed a GPS system off the dashboard, Officer Jason Lee said. Hernandez sped away and called police after seeing a car chasing him, Lee said.
"One of the females pulled out a box cutter and began cutting the taxi cab driver, and that's what caused him to crash," Officer April Harding said.
Police arrived at the scene as the other car reached the crash site, Lee said. Three occupants from the second car were detained for questioning, he said.
Hector Jasso and Daniel Martinez, both 20, were arrested for investigation of murder because the girls' deaths occurred during the alleged commission of a crime, Lee said. Both were being held without bail. The third occupant of the car was released.
Lee said Jasso was the robbery suspect and boyfriend of one of the girls.

If I'm reading it correctly, the girls set the driver up to be robbed by the guy who stole the GPS.

That's what I thought too, but I don't understand why they didn't jump out of the taxi at that time.

Yeah, that part is a bit muddy. I'm going to take a wag here and say that maybe he jammed on the gas and they couldn't jump out. But then, why cut his face? They had to have figured that couldn't end well. You're right, the article is confusing.

It looks like they set the cabbie up. He takes them to the projects and this is when the boyfriend grabs the tracking device. Sensing he might get shot or something the cabbie's instincts have him drive away with the girls still in the car. They probably panicked and that's why they slashed him. Another case of stupid criminals. Meanwhile the girls are dead, but not the guys who employed their help.

My thought was that he was on the phone with police and they wanted him to get off and he didn't, so they slashed his face. Pretty stupid to do that though going at a high speed. I am glad it was them who were killed instead of the driver or some other innocent person.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back