1060 users online (185 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV - Walmart Assault

A woman was assaulted in a West Virginia in a ladies room in West Virginia. The man had been hiding in there and attacked her. The freak returned the next night and employees locked him in the bathroom. Not for nothing and I know we all here at WS keep on our toes, but I don't go in them bathrooms. Not at Wal-Mart, Target, or in public ones in a mall. Perfect places for the freaks to attack. If I'm alone and have an emergency and have to go I tell a cashier or somebody working in one of them food courts. Never do I allow kids to go in a bathroom alone in them places. Just the other day we had my gentleman friends niece and nephew with us at the home opener. Twice each they had to go to the bathrooms. Mind you they are 13 and 15. I got up four times to go with them and my gentleman friend said I am nuts. NO, I'd be nuts if them kids got hurt on my watch. They have those family bathrooms now so for the boys including my nephews I can look in and see nobody is in there. Then I tell them to go ahead. Sorry, I just hate hearing about things that can be prevented if we're pro-active.http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/17385519.html

This is very true, Filly.
    I can't tell you how many times I've seen little girls using the restrooms by themselves. Sometimes as young as 4 or 5, and worse when I've walked in thier mothers or fathers aren't right outside the door waiting on them. I never did let my kids go to the bathroom alone when they were young. Even my son, if his dad wasn't around I'd drag him into the women's.

Walmart seems busy at all hours, but some departments such as sporting goods are very secluded and empty at night in stores. I never go into empty corners of stores in addition to empty bathrooms. Most public Walmart bathrooms are too nasty to even want to use in the first place though.

Yet how many times have we all seen little children combing the toy isle while mom or a guardian are way over looking a pocketbooks or grabbing toilet paper and soap detergent? Sometimes it seems people think just because a place is crowded it's safe. Txsvicki, you're like my mom. She has always told us to not go way in the back in the corners or where those stock rooms are. Like she said "Any nut could get one of them smocks and know the layout and pull ya in back there and nobody would even know it".

I have had a very bad experience at a rest stop in Texas (near Waco) while driving up from Mexico...about 4 years ago.
    It was 2am and the place was packed with people coming and going. Hubby and kids were asleep and I just *had* to stop. I parked right in front of the bathroom and ran inside and while doing my business I heard a man cough right beside me in the next stall...he then opens his door and moved across from my door with his pants open and ...well you know what he was doing.
    I was freaking scared. No gun, no knife...nothing. Hubby asleep too! So I got angry! I used my foot to pry off the metal toilet paper holder and yelled at the tops of my lungs
    *I am ******angry and I am a big mean *****. You are gonna get stabbed in the face, fat boy* and I stormed out of the stall and the freak went running out.
    I would have attacked him before he could me. For sure.
    Hubby was by the truck and saw the man running and a couple of other men ran to see if I was OK. They all laughed and told me good job. I felt like crying! Never again will I do something so stupid but emergencies happen! Gas stations only for now on!

Pixies, I am glad you are alright. Them rest stops are scary. I can just see your hubby being awoken with you having a toilet paper rack in your hand. Similarly, my mom had an emergency dentist appointment years ago. My dad stayed in the car with my little nephew. Here a patient had escaped from a local institution and this was one violent dude. He walks right into the Dentist right past my dad's car. A whole saga went down inside and until the cop cars came pulling up with sirens blaring my dad was clueless. My mom was like "Yeah he's a cop and real observant. I'm held up by a raging lunatic and he just sitss in the car". Bathrooms and Dentists.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    are 13 and 15. I got up four times to go with them and my gentleman friend said I am nuts. NO, I'd be nuts if them kids got hurt on my watch.
    A very dear friend of mine, a 16 year old young man, was in a restroom and had an older man come up very close behind him....close enough to rub up on him. He just pretended nothing happened and got the hell out of the bathroom so quickly that he wasn't even zipped up. When I heard about it, I told him he'd come in contact with a sexual predator. I wish he'd have called the police. He was so traumatized that he doesn't even know what the older man looked like. This kid is a hockey player, bulky, muscular, BIG. If that man dared to do this to HIM, what would he do to a smaller boy?

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    A very dear friend of mine, a 16 year old young man, was in a restroom and had an older man come up very close behind him....close enough to rub up on him. He just pretended nothing happened and got the hell out of the bathroom so quickly that he wasn't even zipped up. When I heard about it, I told him he'd come in contact with a sexual predator. I wish he'd have called the police. He was so traumatized that he doesn't even know what the older man looked like. This kid is a hockey player, bulky, muscular, BIG. If that man dared to do this to HIM, what would he do to a smaller boy?
    Oh that poor kid. No wonder he was traumatized. Those freaks count on a young person being freaked out. I'm so sorry that happened to him kgeaux. I can understand though him not calling LE. It's like "Did that just happen? Am I imagining it or over playing it?" Oh, a smaller kid I have no doubt the freak would have attacked the child. These deviants have no concern for anybody let alone children.