Found Deceased NV - James Erwin, 50, Golconda, 23 Sept 2003 *Arrests*

Rle7

Reaction score
Humboldt County sheriff's deputies are searching for a man who disappeared from his Golconda home in 2003.

James Wayne Erwin resided in the Winnemucca area and Golconda, was employed in the mining industry, is married and has four children.

Since Erwin vanished from his Golconda home Sept. 23, 2003, there has been no activity on his financial accounts or any form of communication from him to family members or friends.

Erwin is white, with brown hair, hazel eyes, is 5 feet 10 inches and 145 pounds. He was 50 years old when he disappeared.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080408/NEWS01/804080351

Please anyone reading this, if you have information regarding my brothers case contact the secret witness hotline. He has now been missing for almost 5 years with absolutely no contact with his family. He would never stop corresponding with his family. This case has gone on for so long with little or no leads. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

PSB1991 - I'm so sorry for what your family is going through. Do you have any pictures that might make locating him easier? I've looked at both the Doe Network and Charley Project and they don't have him listed.

A picture would be helpful, and any other information, so he could be placed on the missing persons sites like Charley Project.

PSB1991 - there is a thread (sticky) in the Missing Persons forum that is entitled "Resources for Missing Persons." You may want to take a look through that thread to help find ways to get your loved one's name and picture out to more people.

I will try to post the link (I'm not very good at that) here for you.

Also, if you have any questions, just ask. There are such good people in this forum that help so many people and I'm sure they will do whatever they can to help you also.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Salem

If you click on the link in my above post and then choose the very first thread (sticky) you will see lots of ideas, agencies, etc. that can help spread the word.

Salem

http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=10

"Missing Person/Cold Case Humboldt County Nevada
Case#
HCSO03-*advertiser censored*
Secret Witness is offering a reward for information leading to the whereabouts of missing person JAMES WAYNE ERWIN of Golconda, NV. On September 23, 2003 James Wayne Erwin vanished without a trace from his home.

Help!!! How do I get a photo posted???

I recently received the last known photo of my Brother James William Erwin. I have this saved on my computer to attach.

This photo was taken when my brother had a meeting to attend and began with a picture of everyone. This was James Wayne Erwin in August 2002... Taken Some where around the Golconda, Nevada area. The same area he vanished from on September 23, 2003 with no trace of him since.

We just don't seem to be able to get any answers good or bad. We just keep praying and hoping someday the answer will come. Thank you all for your help!

Help!!! How do I get a photo posted???

I recently received the last known photo of my Brother James William Erwin. I have this saved on my computer to attach.

This photo was taken when my brother had a meeting to attend and began with a picture of everyone. This was James Wayne Erwin in August 2002... Taken Some where around the Golconda, Nevada area. The same area he vanished from on September 23, 2003 with no trace of him since.

We just don't seem to be able to get any answers good or bad. We just keep praying and hoping someday the answer will come. Thank you all for your help!

Hi psb1991. Could you create a myspace page for your brother and post the photo there? Then post the link to that page here. That way webmasters for the missing persons databases can use the info to create a profile on their websites. Here's a sample page from one of our members searching for her missing sister:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77802062

Prayers go out for your brother and your family.

They found the remains of Mr. Erwin and an arrest has been made in connection with his murder.

http://www.newsy.com/videos/nevada-woman-arrested-after-break-in-12-year-cold-case/

A Nevada woman has been arrested in connection with a 12-year-old case.

Fifty-seven-year-old Pam Erwin was taken into custody this week for the death of James Erwin, who was first reported missing in December 2003. Investigators say they believe James Erwin was stabbed to death several months before his disappearance was reported.

Elko woman faces cold-case murder charge

“We were able to complete some interviews and recover some evidence that led to the arrest of Pam Erwin and the recovery of James Erwin’s remains,” Allen said in a statement. “During the investigation, the detectives located a shallow grave south of Golconda in some foothills.”

“The remains were sent to a DNA lab for testing and determined to be James Erwin,” he said. “One of the most remarkable accomplishments that occurred during the investigation is locating the grave site from very little information.”

I'm very thankful to hear that you've found your dear Brother. My condolences and thoughts are with you & your family. I pray that more families out there can eventually get their answers too.

Sincerely,

Heptgb

RIP Mr. Erwin
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.I.P. Mr. Erwin.....may you now rest in peace.

Woman admits trying to encase husband in concrete in 2003

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jan/19/widow-admits-trying-to-encase-husband-in-concrete/

Detectives say a Nevada woman accused of fatally stabbing her husband with a carving knife 12 years ago has said that she and another man tried to encase his body in concrete when they buried him in a shallow grave.

Pam Erwin, 57, of Elko was arrested Jan. 5 on murder and conspiracy charges. She made an initial appearance in Humboldt County Justice Court in Winnemucca last week in the death of James Erwin.

Her alleged accomplice, James Alan Melendez, 52, of Lake Havasu City, Arizona was arrested Jan. 11. He remained in the Mohave County Jail in Kingman, Arizona on Monday awaiting extradition to Nevada. He faces charges of being an accessory to murder and conspiracy to conceal or destroy evidence in the commission of a felony.

Pamela Erwin took a plea deal and was sentenced to life with the possibility of parole. She recently tried to appeal that sentence but it was denied.

https://casetext.com/case/erwin-v-state-44

Appellant Pamela Ann Erwin appeals from a judgment of conviction entered pursuant to a plea of no contest to a charge of second-degree murder. Sixth Judicial District Court, Humboldt County; Michael Montero, Judge.

Erwin claims the district court erred in sentencing her to life in prison with the possibility of parole after receiving prejudicial, highly suspect, and impalpable information about her past conduct and lack of remorse. In particular, Erwin asserts "the State condemned [her] for failing to take responsibility, a lack of empathy, self-pity, and a history of violence" and her daughter suggested she should "rot in hell" for the mental and physical abuse she inflicted.

We review a district court's sentencing decision for abuse of discretion. Chavez v. State, 125 Nev. 328, 348, 213 P.3d 476, 490 (2009). The record reveals the district court reviewed the presentence investigation report and heard the parties' sentencing arguments, Erwin's allocution, and the victim impact statements. It does not reveal the district court relied solely on the State's allegedly improper sentencing argument or Erwin's daughter's victim impact statement. See Denson v. State, 112 Nev. 489, 493, 915 P.2d 284, 287 (1996) ("A district judge's sentencing decision will be reversed if it is supported solely by impalpable and highly suspect evidence."). Accordingly, we conclude the district court did not abuse its discretion at sentencing, and we

ORDER the judgment of conviction AFFIRMED.

I'm not sure what the status is for James Melendez.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back