1200 users online (187 members and 1013 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Actually she was hit by one car and it propulsed her body over a car going in the other direction.

Porcelain dental work would have to be costly; with the age not pinpointed exactly, she could have been a runaway, kicked out, or throwaway kid. If those were any of the case, her family may not be looking. As for her saying that she was adopted by well known people, it could have been just a spiel as well as her name "Andrea" she gave them. A lot of street kids will make up fake names and go by those. Her having black toenail polish, it could be possible she was involved in the Goth or Punk subculture back then.

I hadn't noticed that about the nail polish but well anyone puts black nail polish. It's rarer on the toe nails but it was getting more popular by then. Yes, I dk about the adoption story, I was thinking she could have invented this story just so that people took pity on her. I don't think she was kicked out or thrown away though. I think actually if she said 25 or 26, that might have been her age, when I was 14-16 and claimed to be older I went with 18-19, 25-26 was much too old lol.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    The hair ring is odd. The only references I could find to rings made of human hair was in regards to mourning rings. Rings, (among other jewelry) were made with a small lock of hair (or sometimes entirely of hair) of a deceased loved one back in the 17th and 18th century. These items were worn by close family members to signify the mourning process. Obviously the tradition is no longer active today in mainstream society, but possibly popular in subcultures such as Wicca, Emo, Gothics etc. in 1990? (Please do not take offence to anyone belonging to any of these groups, I am naive and clueless about any of their practices) If she was planning suicide, could it have been a way of her mourning her own impending death? Shucks, I don't know what to think about this poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    The hair ring is odd. The only references I could find to rings made of human hair was in regards to mourning rings. Rings, (among other jewelry) were made with a small lock of hair (or sometimes entirely of hair) of a deceased loved one back in the 17th and 18th century. These items were worn by close family members to signify the mourning process. Obviously the tradition is no longer active today in mainstream society, but possibly popular in subcultures such as Wicca, Emo, Gothics etc. in 1990? (Please do not take offence to anyone belonging to any of these groups, I am naive and clueless about any of their practices) If she was planning suicide, could it have been a way of her mourning her own impending death? Shucks, I don't know what to think about this poor girl.
    I think it's more possible that she did it because she was planning her suicide. I've been a Pagan for over 15 years and I've never heard of it being done in connection with any Pagan observation. I know more Wiccans, Goths and Emos than you could shake a stick at and it's not something I've ever heard of in that context. Now, it very well could be that she was into the Goth thing and read about mourning jewelry. But, I don't think it's connected any moreso than that. Was it found on her when she died? The man mentions it, but I don't recall it being part of what was found on her body.

On Doe it says the ring was on her:
    Clothing: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound View Post
    On Doe it says the ring was on her:
    Clothing: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.
    Thanking you. One of these days, I'll be able to keep my train of thought on the right tracks, today is not that day.

Could she have possibly had a mental problem..skitzophrenia e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerbabie View Post
    Could she have possibly had a mental problem..skitzophrenia e.g.
    She could have but I wonder why no one was keeping a close eye on her, no one has recognized her in all these years or was it just not that widely publicized.

was the clothing she had on something that the witness remembered prior to her death if she had price tags on new shoes warn whos to say she didn't buy the rest of her clothes from that same store

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound View Post
    She could have but I wonder why no one was keeping a close eye on her, no one has recognized her in all these years or was it just not that widely publicized.
    It could be that somebody at least tried to keep an eye on her. It's hard to understand if you haven't been there, but sometimes people with mental illnesses just take off and there's nothing anybody can do to stop them. My sister has done this twice in the past week. If she were to end up a Doe (God forbid), we'd never know even though I at least would look. It's hard to fathom, but even if someone is keeping a close eye on a mentally ill adult, there's only so much that can really be done to keep them safe. It's sad and frustrating, but that's the way it is. IMHO, we went a little too far when we made it more difficult to have a person committed.
    "When I think of heaven, deliver me in a black winged bird." A. Duritz

I believe that she came from money. First, she had expensive dental work. Also, who spends twenty bucks on Goodwill shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    was the clothing she had on something that the witness remembered prior to her death if she had price tags on new shoes warn whos to say she didn't buy the rest of her clothes from that same store

I worked with the DN getting that update, this was not indicated. I had created a page for her too after getting this info:

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg24.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E View Post
    I believe that she came from money. First, she had expensive dental work. Also, who spends twenty bucks on Goodwill shoes?
    I think it's likely that someone donated the shoes to Goodwill having never worn them and with the original price tag still on. I have been guilty of this more times than I care to remember (purchasing an item of clothing, putting it in my closet with the price tag on it, never wearing it, and donating it to Goodwill without taking the price tag off).

I can't imagine that Goodwill would sell shoes for $20, unless the original price of the shoes was in the hundreds of dollars (e.g. Manolo Blahnik, etc.)

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    After doing a quick google, I found this girl is being discussed on another sleuthing type of Internet forum. Apparently they submitted the following missing runaway as a possible match to LE last week. The eye color listed on the missing girl is green...also a little younger, but still a pretty good match IMO.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast