1358 users online (352 members and 1006 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Gertrude Jones, 43, Mill Valley, May 1964

Hi
    Does any one know more on this?Please keep me updated on this.

Graveyard mystery: Human remains found in unused section
    Gary Klien
    Article Launched: 02/28/2008 11:25:15 PM PST

Karen Gideon and her dog Scout of Marin County Search and Rescue look for human remains at Fernwood Cemetery in Tam Valley on Thursday. The Sheriff s office is investigating how the decades-old remains ended up in a shallow grave. (IJ photo/Frankie Frost)A set of human remains has been discovered in a shallow, undocumented gravesite at a Mill Valley cemetery, and county authorities are investigating how it got there.
    The remains were discovered several weeks ago by a worker clearing brush at the Fernwood Cemetery in the Tam Valley area. The remains lay in a section of the property that has not been developed for burial.

Police said the person might have died as early as 1961.

http://www.marinij.com/millvalley/ci_8401983
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-05-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: copyright violation, snipped article

Maybe someone could not afford the cost of a funeral and wanted their loved one buried anyway. I hope this is the case and it doesn't become another homicide. Sadly though, it probably is.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

CA - Gertrude Jones, 43, Mill Valley, May 1964

I have never even heard of this woman. I think it's unlikely now that her murder will ever be solved.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/articl...&template=kart

In a case straight out of a Cold Case Files mystery, a skeleton unearthed on a hillside near Mill Valley was identified Wednesday as that of a Marin County woman who was reported missing 44 years ago.

Gertrude Jones disappeared March 10, 1964 after a fight with her longshoreman husband, Bruce B. Jones, said Marin County Coroner Ken Holmes.

The head-less and hand-less remains were discovered in February by workers expanding the nearby Fernwood Cemetery.

This is so very sad to me. She was there all these years while loved ones were likely searching for her. He got away with murder and will never pay for it. It's a bit discouraging too. May she RIP now that she's been found.

Well, whoever killed her -- if it was her husband or someone hired by him or someone else altogether -- will face whatever ultimate judgement lies in store for all of us.

“The fracture we found on her first cervical vertebra is inconsistent with accidentally falling into a small grave, breaking your neck and pulling the dirt in around you,” Holmes said.
    That made me laugh. RIP Gertrude!

Bones tell tale of 1964 Mill Valley homicide

The findings were announced Wednesday by Marin County Coroner Kenneth Holmes, who identified the woman as Gertrude Kavesh Jones, a 43-year-old teacher whose husband reported her missing in May 1964.

There was never a trace of the missing woman, and the case began gathering dust in the files of the Marin County Sheriff's Department.

That is until two months ago, when workers preparing an unused area of the Fernwood Cemetery near Mill Valley caught their spades on a buried cardigan sweater. Under the garment, they found bones.

Very interesting article. Definately worth the read.
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

"We're done," Holmes added. "I don't think there's any point in pursuing this further."
    Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1lWwN2QiZ

It sounds like they're convinced that the now deceased hubby did it.