Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #2

Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #2

Carry on.

Continued from here:

Thread #1
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

With this cult being called a religon.......I honestly don't believe religon comes into this sick mess for anything. I commend the State authorities of Texas for standing tall & proud. They went in & got the job done.

Our Armed Forces was sent into Iraq to free the people from a mad man, Sadam Hussein. All the while madmen were sitting in Texas raping children, hiding behind God & a temple. Taking as many wives as they wanted, still not content with life. Having all the kids they possibly could. Raping, beating & torturing them, teaching babies lessons, scamming welfare.

I say its time now to clean our own back doors & they need to end this sickness once & for all. Whats keeping the other states from saving these poor kids?

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    With this cult being called a religon.......I honestly don't believe religon comes into this sick mess for anything. I commend the State authorities of Texas for standing tall & proud. They went in & got the job done.

Our Armed Forces was sent into Iraq to free the people from a mad man, Sadam Hussein. All the while madmen were sitting in Texas raping children, hiding behind God & a temple. Taking as many wives as they wanted, still not content with life. Having all the kids they possibly could. Raping, beating & torturing them, teaching babies lessons, scamming welfare.

I say its time now to clean our own back doors & they need to end this sickness once & for all. Whats keeping the other states from saving these poor kids?
    Haleluliah! May this bring an end to it.

Whats keeping the other states from saving these poor kids?
    Politics and a lack of qujones.

Thanks Adnoid!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Haleluliah! May this bring an end to it.
    Don't we all wish!!!

Thanks Adnoid

Quote Originally Posted by barb0301 View Post
    Politics and a lack of qujones.

Your so right!
    Just infuriates me......we have our noses in so many other countries & what is going on here in the states is utterly ridiculous. It makes me boil!

Your so right!
    Just infuriates me......we have our noses in so many other countries & what is going on here in the states is utterly ridiculous. It makes me boil!
    Great point! It's disgusting this has been allowed to go on for so long.

Thanks Adnoid!

Barb0301 you were wondering why the FBI got involved. I think it's because these girls were being transferred from one compound to another, and that's across state lines for the purpose of sex maybe?
    And maybe they wanted the jackhammer to bust into the vault, if it's in the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    Great point! It's disgusting this has been allowed to go on for so long.

Yes at the first signs of a cult being established they need to end it.
    I don't understand if that many ladies are getting welfare & the checks are going to the same address why wasn't that a red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Thanks Adnoid!

Barb0301 you were wondering why the FBI got involved. I think it's because these girls were being transferred from one compound to another, and that's across state lines for the purpose of sex maybe?
    And maybe they wanted the jackhammer to bust into the vault, if it's in the floor?
    That's what I think is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    That's what I think is going on.
    Whatever the reason - more power to them! I sincerely hope they have a solid case this time.

SuziQ - hope you're feeling better. An emergency trip to the dentist is never a good thing!

It is probably for the reason of transporting children across state lines for the purposes of sex. Esp since many of them were residents of other states until the recent move to Texas.

But there could also be a couple of other reasons, and at some point I do look for the feds to use them.

The church claims tax exempt status, and if they have come across any info that indicates that they have violated the tax laws in that, there could be federal involvement.

There may also be attention because of misuse of social security numbers. Right now they are trying to identify them, one way would be to get their social security numbers. All of them would have to have social security numbers if they were drawing welfare. Those ss records should have info about the parents because they have to submit a birth certificate to get them. If they are giving false socials or using someone else's socials, then that is a federal violation.

Another thing might be wefare fraud across state lines. Most moved to Texas recently, if as we suspect many were drawing welfare benefits in the other state, who knows whether they closed their cases or not when they moved. By drawing in one state and residing in another state, that might bring in the feds.

And somehow I believe that eventually they will go after the FLDS financial records. I don't know why I believe that, I just do.

Thanks Fairy, it was a very traumatic and weird. What happened to me was a real fluke and could have had serious consequences. Ok, enough about me.

The below linked article really has me upset. I've always liked Utah's AG. However, his attempt to excuse the non-action of the State of Utah towards polygamy is just flat out unacceptable. No wonder Texas doesn't want his help. Utah's non action resulted in the FLDS causing Texas the headache they have today. And what would Mark teach them? How to make lame excuses maybe?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3049050

Attorney General Mark Shurtleff says, "Whether you think we should or not, it can't be done." He says he's facing new criticism, alongside Arizona's Attorney General, that they haven't done enough to prosecute polygamists. He cites a lack of infrastructure -- things like room in prisons and foster care homes -- as one of the reasons Utah will not be following in Texas' footsteps.
    "It's impossible; it's not practical; 416 is a lot, even for a big organization like Texas, but we have thousands here," Shurtleff said.
    Shurtleff's office had planned to serve 80 warrants to members of the Kingston clan more than a year ago but backed off due, in part, to promises from Kingston attorneys that their clients would cooperate. Those promises fell through and many of the 80 fled.
    Despite that instance, Shurtleff says allegations are handled individually. "We'll take them one case at a time, one victim at a time, one house, if you will, at a time." Shurtleff says he's offered to help authorities in Texas by sharing information and experiences but has not been taken up on that offer, a fact that surprises him.

ETA: I guess it's cheaper to pay out welfare than to address the problem.

Wow. Well said, cheko.

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Thanks Adnoid!

I suspect that transporting underage minors across borders for the purpose of sex could well be one of the reasons the FBI was brought in.

The raid on the compound was carried out by local LE, and they may have found something in their initial search of the temple that fell under federal jurisdiction. Perhaps financial records or something along that line?

On CNN - 360 - they announced that there will be a press conference on this tomorrow morning at 11:00 eastern time.

Also, they're referring to the 16-year-old as "Sarah."

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Thanks Fairy, it was a very traumatic and weird. What happened to me was a real fluke and could have had serious consequences. Ok, enough about me.

The below linked article really has me upset. I've always liked Utah's AG. However, his attempt to excuse the non-action of the State of Utah towards polygamy is just flat out unacceptable. No wonder Texas doesn't want his help. Utah's non action resulted in the FLDS causing Texas the headache they have today. And what would Mark teach them? How to make lame excuses maybe?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3049050

Attorney General Mark Shurtleff says, "Whether you think we should or not, it can't be done." He says he's facing new criticism, alongside Arizona's Attorney General, that they haven't done enough to prosecute polygamists. He cites a lack of infrastructure -- things like room in prisons and foster care homes -- as one of the reasons Utah will not be following in Texas' footsteps.
    "It's impossible; it's not practical; 416 is a lot, even for a big organization like Texas, but we have thousands here," Shurtleff said.
    Shurtleff's office had planned to serve 80 warrants to members of the Kingston clan more than a year ago but backed off due, in part, to promises from Kingston attorneys that their clients would cooperate. Those promises fell through and many of the 80 fled.
    Despite that instance, Shurtleff says allegations are handled individually. "We'll take them one case at a time, one victim at a time, one house, if you will, at a time." Shurtleff says he's offered to help authorities in Texas by sharing information and experiences but has not been taken up on that offer, a fact that surprises him.

ETA: I guess it's cheaper to pay out welfare than to address the problem.
    I sincerely hope you're ok SuziQ. You're absoutely right about it being cheaper to pay out welfare than to take care of the women and children of FLDS. But I hope this case brings to light what has been happening there. It is so difficult for mainstream society to grasp what is happening in these sects. It goes agains the very fabric of the American way of life. I worry that most people will feel that these people are there voluntarily. But these people (mostly women and children) need help and we should all step up to the plate. I hope the timing is right and that Texas LE and the FBI have enough evidence to put an end to the FLDS. It is an overwhelming undertaking and must be handled properly, but it can and SHOULD be done. Once and for all.

CNN has a video clip of an update on the adults and children that were removed from the compound. Child Protective Services spokeswoman, Marleigh Meisner states that they believe they have the 16-year-old (Sarah) who made the phone calls for help, but cannot yet confirm that. It was explained that she might be too frightened to come forward.

I would think that by now they've probably completed some sort of assessment of those who were removed from the compound, and have probably been able to narrow it down to just a few girls that fit the profile of the girl. How may 16-year-olds with an 8-month old daughter, who is pregnant could there be among the children?

One of the reporters asked about the adult women. Ms. Meisner said that all of the adult women were free to leave at any time, but none have chosen to do so.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri...t.children.cnn

SusiQ, I refer to your post on the last thread about the church denouncing polygamy. Yes they denounce, but say it is not wrong. IOW they talk out both sides of their mouths. They do not give a clear view on this because it would taint all the forbears who not only were polygamist, they encouraged the practice.

This religion, (and yes, I have trouble equating this with a religion because I've read the history and know the practice) is isolationist, based on secret teachings that few, if any have seen. The Moonies have bought their way into respectability, and they followed the example of the LDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    SusiQ, I refer to your post on the last thread about the church denouncing polygamy. Yes they denounce, but say it is not wrong. IOW they talk out both sides of their mouths. They do not give a clear view on this because it would taint all the forbears who not only were polygamist, they encouraged the practice.

This religion, (and yes, I have trouble equating this with a religion because I've read the history and know the practice) is isolationist, based on secret teachings that few, if any have seen. The Moonies have bought their way into respectability, and they followed the example of the LDS.
    FLDS cannot be condemned by mainstream LDS as by doing so it would condemn mormon founder Joseph Smith, which would by dint condemn the entire Latter Day Saint spectrum, whichever colour were being flown.

What disgusts me is the fact that they do all these dirty deeds and try and justify them in the name of God. Are they nuts? Yes they are.. I wish all these ''cults'' would be illegal. I know it's hard to just do that. But nothing good ever came out of any of these cults...

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    What disgusts me is the fact that they do all these dirty deeds and try and justify them in the name of God. Are they nuts? Yes they are.. I wish all these ''cults'' would be illegal. I know it's hard to just do that. But nothing good ever came out of any of these cults...
    *cough* aren't there some mainstream religions which would have once been regarded as cults?

i do wish the more harmful one would be gone, though.

Well... you know what I mean? Cults such as this kind..or the David Koresh kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    *cough* aren't there some mainstream religions which would have once been regarded as cults?

i do wish the more harmful one would be gone, though.

Page 1 of 36 1234567891011 ... LastLast