Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #2

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Oh yeah, go about your business (child sex abuse, etc) because we ain't gonna do anything about it. WTF????? Maybe if they thought someone was coming after them they might actually obey the law! A Quote from the below link:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3050398

The raid of a polygamous ranch in Texas is making polygamous communities in Utah so nervous, they need reassuring. Enter Washington County Sheriff Kirk Smith.
    "I just want them to know this isn't going to be a concerted effort on the part of all law enforcement to sweep through every polygamous community," he said. He says he told Hildale's mayor it's business as usual for now.
    Okay that just burns my butt!!! Why won't there be a concerted effort?!?!?

Some were wondering why they have been able to get away with this for so long in these states and here is my opinon (bear with me it sounds a bit like a consipiracy, which I usually don't believe in).....I think it is because they have systematically insured they have either secret FLDS members or at the very least sympathizers in high places. If someone were to do a search of gov't officials in Utah they would proably find that starting with local LE all the way up to state gov't there are of course those who identify themselves as LDS, but are really FLDS in disguise. So who is going to go after them when they have infiltrated all aspects of gov't some completely. Ugh! Maybe I have let my imagination get the best of me.

Curious1, your theory is not the work of an active imagination. In fact, this is very true in many aspects of polygamy in Utah. Especially in the Kingston Clan. They send the boys to law school. They have a huge financial empire. It's hard to drive down the street here and not see their businesses. They own a worldwide trash collection company for starters. Waste Management got caught up in the Mafia contract scandal in NYC a few years back. Gives the term "Mormon Mafia" an interesting meaning. Their financial empire is so huge no one can accurately calculate how much the Kingston Clan is worth. So while polygamists may not openly hold office on the State level. I'm sure they contribute to the right candidates running for office.

Oh Suzi, you so nailed it ... it all comes down to where the money flows ...

Something else that I've been thinking about. I wonder if the quick downfall of the FLDS in Texas is the result of not having their people in the right places in comparison to Utah and Arizona where they were Judges and Law enforcement, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    i think the mothers share some responsibility. i do not want prison time but probation where they can be legally forced to take classes on parenting and be monitored. they should be free to go at this point. no man or woman has been arrested for the crimes against these children yet. until the investigation is complete failure to allow the mothers to leave if they wish would risk any legal case.
    In a way, I agree with you. I understand about born and raised this way and believing it was right combined with being totally powerless in the situation made them unable to stop what was happening.

But if they are released there is a good possibility that some or even most will return to the compound. If they have their children, the children will go with them. And if they are not accused of any crime, it will be difficult for authorities to have reason to monitor them. And most likely if CPS was monitoring them, CPS won't go back to the compound unless they get another complaint. Those who return will just begin having more babies.

I also believe they are going to need education- more education than most parenting classes. Because whether they stay out or return, they could easily fall prey to any sexual predator and the same thing will happen outside. CPS maybe order that as part of a parenting plan, but it would be more effective if ordered by the court.

Something else that I've been thinking about. I wonder if the quick downfall of the FLDS in Texas is the result of not having their people in the right places in comparison to Utah and Arizona where they were Judges and Law enforcement, etc.
    This is where I think the downfall came: I think they set up house in Texas because girls were allowed to be married under the age of 16 yo, WITH THEIR PARENTS PERMISSION. They didn't have to Yearn for Zion, this was their Zion! Then some bright representative caught on and got the law changed. By that time, they were way too deep financially into building their community and couldn't back out.

It might also be interesting to find out who is making contributions to political campaigns and how much. talks.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Wonder why 'ole Mitt hasn't come out to speak against this and to make sure everyone knows this is not affiliated with the LDS?

Truth be told, there has always been a battle to keep church and state seperate in the state of Utah. I am aware though that this is also a problem in the bible belt.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    Wonder why 'ole Mitt hasn't come out to speak against this and to make sure everyone knows this is not affiliated with the LDS?
    Good question curious1, I'm just sickened by this and wonder why many in power are not speaking out about all the abuse. Forget for a moment that this has anything to do with polygamy, forget that it has anything to do with someones religion, lets focus on the fact this is about babies, children and very young girls being abused. Why should that in any way be accepted? Where is a powerful voice when we need them? I haven't heard President Bush say anything about it either, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here in Utah the Mormons are in power because they are the majority of the population, I'm hoping that 1 day there will be enough other people here that things can be changed. Certain towns are well known to be polygamist towns and the authorities don't do anything about it because they see that they have the right people in power. Utah needs a very bright light shined on it and we need new people here to help clean up this mess!

VB

Colorado City CPS phone call resembles one made in Texas

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...11cps0411.html

Truth be told, there has always been a battle to keep church and state seperate in the state of Utah. I am aware though that this is also a problem in the bible belt.
    I was raised in and live in the Bible Belt do not even get me started. They just assume down here that everyone is 'Christian' and they try to shove it down your throat at every single turn. Heck in Charlotte most of our schools rent out or loan out their large multi-use rooms to churches on sunday. Don't even get me started on that one.

Is it still polygamy if one is not legally married to more than one woman? I thought all these unions were within the FLDS church, not unions with legal paperwork filed down at the courthouse like us. So if that is so, there is nothing illegal about living with more than one woman and calling them all your wife. It would only be illegal if that wife were under 18 and having sex with her "husband" at which time then it actually turns in to child rape. I can surely see why the authorities would have a problem prosecuting these adult poeople who choose to live this way. Back in the 60's they called them" communes." Same thing until you cross the line with an underage girl. I would like to know where they are getting their millions of dollars. I thought the women got welfare becaue they are technically single mothers?

Yes they get welfare to support the families, I believe the term they call it is "bleeding the beast"

VB

Lightbulb

You know... I had the very same thought last night.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

I don't really think he's under any obligation to speak out about it. He doesn't hold a public office and is no longer running for one. As far as I know he's not an official of the Mormon church, which is not involved in this anyway.
    So.. why would he?

Why should Romney have to come out and speak on behalf of the Mormon church? He's not the most famous Mormon alive and he's not running for office anymore so he doesn't have to answer any questions or make any statement. Why doesn't Donny and Marie Osmond come out and make a statement? You know why? It's the Mormon Church's dirty little secret and the quicker all this ugliness and goes away the better. I think by now absolutely everybody knows this is not the Mormon church, it's a poligamist church. Every broadcast I watch has that disclaimer. It's been covered. But I'm still saying , and this is what mkes me mad, that the LDS could do something about this and yet they look away. That church is just too wealthy and too powerful to not have any influence. And what that Bishop friend of SuziQ's said is just a cop out and the excuse they've made for too many years. It sounds like a typical canned answer when asked about the subject. You want to know who's who in the zoo? Follow the money. The LDS church has EONS more money than the FLDS. They should be ashamed. curiuos1 i didn't mean to get off an a rant. It has nothing to do wth you. Sorry.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Is it still polygamy if one is not legally married to more than one woman?
    Someone on here said bigamy is being legally married to more than one woman and polygamy is just having the spiritual marriages to more than one woman. I'm not sure if that's true though.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    Why should Romney have to come out and speak on behalf of the Mormon church? He's not the most famous Mormon alive and he's not running for office anymore so he doesn't have to answer any questions or make any statement. Why doesn't Donny and Marie Osmond come out and make a statement? You know why? It's the Mormon Church's dirty little secret and the quicker all this ugliness and goes away the better. I think by now absolutely everybody knows this is not the Mormon church, it's a poligamist church. Every broadcast I watch has that disclaimer. It's been covered. But I'm still saying , and this is what mkes me mad, that the LDS could do something about this and yet they look away. That church is just too wealthy and too powerful to not have any influence. And what that Bishop friend of SuziQ's said is just a cop out and the excuse they've made for too many years. It sounds like a typical canned answer when asked about the subject. You want to know who's who in the zoo? Follow the money. The LDS church has EONS more money than the FLDS. They should be ashamed. curiuos1 i didn't mean to get off an a rant. It has nothing to do wth you. Sorry.
    Because Mitt and/or the Osmonds coming out against the FLDS practices would go a long way to soothe the anger people are going to feel against Mormons in general for at least tacitly supporting these practices.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Because Mitt and/or the Osmonds coming out against the FLDS practices would go a long way to soothe the anger people are going to feel against Mormons in general for at least tacitly supporting these practices.
    Yep, ya bet me to it. I was at lunch. Thanks for taking my dictation.

I think I can understand why maybe the well known LDS are not saying anything. I think they know it won't make a difference what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Very good point. And the Osmonds are all over the place these days and all these years later are quite succesful. Unlike the Jacksons......

Trixie, we'll have to agree to disagree. And that's ok too.

boy i am sure glad every time Phelps speaks we baptist do not have to come out and wave a big flag with a "yo! we are not all insane" banner.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    boy i am sure glad every time Phelps speaks we baptist do not have to come out and wave a big flag with a "yo! we are not all insane" banner.
    Excellent point Sherri.

okay... I admit I haven't read the last few pages on this thread - but wanted to comment on the article in CNN - quote a portion:
    In addition to the children, 139 adult women have voluntarily gone to the shelters. Meisner said the women are not in state custody and are free to leave at any time, although as of Wednesday afternoon none had.

my comment - WHERE are these women supposed to go to?? Like they have money?? a place to stay??? They probably have NO where TO go to... I hope they don't decide to go back to that compound!!

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast