686 users online (135 members and 551 guests)  

Websleuths News

WV - Charles Town, decomposed body in closet, Apr'08 - Eva Bell

CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. — The daughter and son-in-law of a Charles Town woman who died made a gruesome discovery while going through her bedroom closet — the decomposing body of another woman wrapped in plastic, blankets and a sleeping bag.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department is trying to identify the corpse found April 3, a day after Beatrice Magaha suffered a stroke outside her home and hit her head. Magaha, who was in her early 60s, was discovered by her daughter and died on the way to the hospital, Sgt. R.S. Sell said Wednesday.

Sell said another woman had lived with Magaha but family members had not seen her for a year or two. They also told Sell that whenever they visited Magaha, she would not allow them inside her home.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349293,00.html

Oh, My! What a horrible thing for family members to run across! You expect to find hidden treasures in your mother's home...but not a hidden body!

I wonder if the woman died of natural causes and she kept her to receive her checks or something. Being it was her roomate, she might have decided her part of the rent still needed to be paid. Creepy!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Oh, My! What a horrible thing for family members to run across! You expect to find hidden treasures in your mother's home...but not a hidden body!

I wonder if the woman died of natural causes and she kept her to receive her checks or something. Being it was her roomate, she might have decided her part of the rent still needed to be paid. Creepy!
    Some of us might think it would be really cool