Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: CNN Breaking News- Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!! *merged*

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I don't see how it not illegal to be in direct communication with a person on the run! Maybe this loophole in the law needs to be changed.

For a person charged with such a crime to be able to gather information on the home front in reference to LE, media, family members, logistics, etc. should not be allowed, imo. So what if she told him she could not send money online? Does this mean she did not arrange privately with others to do so? Is it right for her to be able to provide him with information on his status?

I am at a loss to see how this is legal and why it is legal.
    I am amazed and disgusted. It reminds me so much of the Couey trashy family that didn't break the law either when they hid Couey out when they knew he was an absconded sex offender.

If that is honorable then Hudson needs to look up the definition because he is off by a mile. How dishonorable and she had been talking to him since around the first of February.

Hudson may bless her as honorable but I have a feeling the MC is going to look at it much differently. Imo she has violated the Military Code of Conduct and trustworthiness is paramount which is something she is sorely lacking.

imoo

I still think Cesar may have actually burned Maria's body twice after he killed her. The neighbor stated that he borrowed a shovel from him on the 15th or 16th of December...and he also stated he noticed him burning in the backyard during that time frame...so if he had buried her deep enough in the ground, I believe the odor wouldn't be obviously detectable as she would have had alot of dirt piled on top of her body. It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area. Then when they had the bon fire on Christmas Eve...I don't think Maria's body had decomposed to the point where an odor would be very noticeable..the weather helped alot and also the dirt piled on top of her..those two factors helped in preserving her corpse...the bonfire however is when Maria's body actually began to char and burn to the point of affecting her organs, etc....and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased, I believe an odor of a burned body could/would be disguised and not telling of a dead body burning. It's obvious that no-one nearby smelled a typical dead body burning odor or it would have been reported to police.

I can't remember where the idea he purchased a "huge amount of charcoal" came from? Was this from LE or did someone else throw this in? It was never mentioned being in or around the site where they found Maria. They mentioned nails etc. from what they assume to be part of the fence he burned. Charcoal doesn't burn all the way and the ash is different from wood so there would have been evidence of a "huge amount".
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I don't see how it not illegal to be in direct communication with a person on the run! Maybe this loophole in the law needs to be changed.

For a person charged with such a crime to be able to gather information on the homefront in reference to LE, media, family members, logistics, etc. should not be allowed, imo. So what if she told him she could not send money online? Does this mean she did not arrange privately with others to do so? Is it right for her to be able to provide him with information on his status?

I am at a loss to see how this is legal and why it is legal.
    I'd really like to know what else was in the emails between Cesar and his wife, and now that we have someone's cell phone being used as well as calls to someone at a Subway shop (all per the search warrants) it makes me think it could be all of her family helping him out. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    I still think Cesar may have actually burned Maria's body twice after he killed her. The neighbor stated that he borrowed a shovel from him on the 15th or 16th of December...and he also stated he noticed him burning in the backyard during that time frame...so if he had buried her deep enough in the ground, I believe the odor wouldn't be obviously detectable as she would have had alot of dirt piled on top of her body. It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area. Then when they had the bon fire on Christmas Eve...I don't think Maria's body had decomposed to the point where an odor would be very noticeable..the weather helped alot and also the dirt piled on top of her..those two factors helped in preserving her corpse...the bonfire however is when Maria's body actually began to char and burn to the point of affecting her organs, etc....and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased, I believe an odor of a burned body could/would be disguised and not telling of a dead body burning. It's obvious that no-one nearby smelled a typical dead body burning odor or it would have been reported to police.
    I never heard that mentioned except on message boards. It may have come because they did say her body was "charred" so some may have interpreted it that he used "char"coal.

LE have not even released that the forensic lab has determined he used any acclerants. The fencing was in such dried out poor shape it would have lit very easily.

From what I have read these were bonfires and I don't know anyone that uses charcoal to just burn a stack of wood on top of the ground in the pit.

imoo

[quote=Snowlover77;2154779]
    It's also very cold in December in North Carolina so that I believe would help in not allowing the odor to become stagnant and lingering around the area
    It was repoted to have been a mild winter, not warm, but not cold-cold.
    and with the huge amount of charcoal he is said to have purchased
    Any links to where you may have read where it said he had purchased huge amount of charcoal?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    It was repoted to have been a mild winter, not warm, but not cold-cold.
    Dec. 14 was actually warm in Jacksonville ~ high 70, low 51

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

The date can also be changed at this link to look at the temps between then and when Maria was found.
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Dec. 14 was actually warm in Jacksonville ~ high 70, low 51

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

The date can also be changed at this link to look at the temps between then and when Maria was found.
    Thank you panthera

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Thank you panthera
    You're most welcome!
    Rest in Peace

I don't have a link about the charcoal...I just recall reading it. I need to take time and re read all the reports and evidence again. I have been trying to do that but I have been busy lately with work and just got off of a week of jury duty. I had this case good in my head at one time but alot of time ahs gone by and I have not refreshed myself. Forgive me for that. I am just trying to figure out some things that are mysterious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    I don't have a link about the charcoal...I just recall reading it. I need to take time and re read all the reports and evidence again. I have been trying to do that but I have been busy lately with work and just got off of a week of jury duty. I had this case good in my head at one time but alot of time ahs gone by and I have not refreshed myself. Forgive me for that. I am just trying to figure out some things that are mysterious to me.
    I certainly understand Snow even though I am retired and keep up with this case closely the misinformation that has been out there about this case is overwhelming. It is to be expected somewhat but I have found the media to be very negligent in what they report and of course commentators like Nancy Grace put out misinformation on all cases and never retracts leaving her viewers misinformed.

I remember when it came out after he had been indicted and they were reporting that he had threatened Maria before death to obtain her credit card. That information was false and Captain Sutherland, himself , explained that Laurean had not threatened Maria to gain her card. Only Jacksonville Daily News ran a redaction immediately to correct the error. No other media outlet did.... they left the erroneous information hanging out there.

imoo

Misinformation happens even on AMW where I would least expect it...but we have seen it many times. It does confuse things.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

This case has touched me deeply. I have a 19 year old daugher and a 21 year old son.. almost the same age as Maria and Cesar. I just can't imagine what both sets of parents are going through. It is so so sad. I will be waiting to hear all the facts when this case unfolds in front of a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I certainly understand Snow even though I am retired and keep up with this case closely the misinformation that has been out there about this case is overwhelming. It is to be expected somewhat but I have found the media to be very negligent in what they report and of course commentators like Nancy Grace put out misinformation on all cases and never retracts leaving her viewers misinformed.

I remember when it came out after he had been indicted and they were reporting that he had threatened Maria before death to obtain her credit card. That information was false and Captain Sutherland, himself , explained that Laurean had not threatened Maria to gain her card. Only Jacksonville Daily News ran a redaction immediately to correct the error. No other media outlet did.... they left the erroneous information hanging out there.

imoo
    And speaking of misinformation, Nancy had him barbequeing food (about 3 times, IIRC) on top of Maria's body, which I haven't heard anything from LE to confirm. It was just put out there for sensationalism, imo, and to make him more of a "monster".
    Rest in Peace

Well, the neighbors did say he was "burning" a couple of times before the party (IIRC)...so that isn't entirely all hype.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    And speaking of misinformation, Nancy had him barbecuing food (about 3 times, IIRC) on top of Maria's body, which I haven't heard anything from LE to confirm. It was just put out there for sensationalism, imo, and to make him more of a "monster".
    Good Morning panthera.

Oh yes and look how quickly that tale took wings and now some really believe it to be the truth rather than realizing Nancy does this overly dramatic stuff all the time. LE has never mentioned that he had a grill across the pit so he could BBQ and if he did then the heat would have been even higher above her buried body than the burning wood placed on top of the ground in the fire pit area.

It reminds me of Laci Peterson's case how it came out that LE had supposedly found blood and vomit on her mop and we all thought it was true. It was all a big lie put out by the media who always gyrates toward the gory and titillating tidbits that boost their rating when in all actuality the case is heartbreaking enough that it doesn't need to be sensationalized.

imoo

I don't care if the media gets most of it wrong...as long as they are still discussing it. Nothing is worse than silence on any case.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I don't care if the media gets most of it wrong...as long as they are still discussing it. Nothing is worse than silence on any case.
    This may be the only time I am partially disagreeing with you SS, if the media gets it wrong, and it impedes an investigation or paints an innocent person unfairly, it cannot be undone. I think the balance lies with strong investigative journalism, smelling it when it is bad, and remembering their are families of those folks that read.

We just all need to remember that we only know bits and pieces of this whole story and that the true facts will only come out when this case goes before a jury. The media does get it wrong sometimes but we the public have to be careful too of taking what we see in print as word(like I did with the charcoal)...we too are quick to jump to conclusions...I feel sure that there is much about this case that we don't know yet and won't know until trial and that's the way it should be. I am always glad when the media is still discussing cases such as this...they can not persuade us to believe anything unless we allow them to. Keep everything in perspective and remember to let the facts and evidence speak for itself at trial. We are allowed to think what we want about this case because we are not going to serve on that jury and once a jury is selected and seated..they will hear the facts and the evidence and come back with a just verdict. I, myself, eagerly anticipate learning the true facts of the story of Maria and Cesar.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Good Morning panthera.

Oh yes and look how quickly that tale took wings and now some really believe it to be the truth rather than realizing Nancy does this overly dramatic stuff all the time. LE has never mentioned that he had a grill across the pit so he could BBQ and if he did then the heat would have been even higher above her buried body than the burning wood placed on top of the ground in the fire pit area.

It reminds me of Laci Peterson's case how it came out that LE had supposedly found blood and vomit on her mop and we all thought it was true. It was all a big lie put out by the media who always gyrates toward the gory and titillating tidbits that boost their rating when in all actuality the case is heartbreaking enough that it doesn't need to be sensationalized.

imoo
    Hi Ocean! I agree and think too that if there were a BBQ right over Maria her body would've been charred much more than it was. It seems the lower half of her body received more damage than the upper half which still had identifiable clothing, with size tags on it. Then there is the plastic bag with the baby clothes in it that were still identifiable. I will say that Greta did a great job when she took her camera crew out to the house, imo, and gave us a very good idea of what may have occurred, between the garage and the back yard.
    Rest in Peace

Thanks for the reminder of how easy facts are fiction and vice versa, fiction is fact.

I tried along with other Web Sleuthers, to get a timeline together based on facts. Even then.............there have been questions.

The barbeque (fact) was held in CL's backyard (fact), here is what I think WS's are getting confused on.

Was it ACTUALLY held over Maria's body or was it at another site in the back yard??

At least on the night when CL and Christina had their friends over?

I was under the assumption the whole time that the food was being cooked over the grill that was up on the patio but the bon fire was way out in the yard over Maria and the baby. I never thought of it any other way...

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    This may be the only time I am partially disagreeing with you SS, if the media gets it wrong, and it impedes an investigation or paints an innocent person unfairly, it cannot be undone. I think the balance lies with strong investigative journalism, smelling it when it is bad, and remembering their are families of those folks that read.
    Yes, sorry. It is never right of the media to impede an investigation or misrepresent people. I was only talking about them getting points wrong which do not neccessarily have a direct impact on a case.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    I was under the assumption the whole time that the food was being cooked over the grill that was up on the patio but the bon fire was way out in the yard over Maria and the baby. I never thought of it any other way...
    This is the way I have always pictured it, too. I don't think they cooked over the bonfire. I think they stood around it while drinking beer and shooting the breeze.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    That has always been my impression too, Mygirl.

If they were BBQing or grilling out they did that with their own portable grill closer to the house and used the bonfire to hang out, chat and probably drink some beer.

imoo

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast