Cesar Laurean Proclaims His Love For Maria Lauterbach

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
(CNN) -- U.S. Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, the main suspect in the killing of a 20-year-old pregnant Marine, has been captured in Mexico three months after fleeing North Carolina, the FBI announced Thursday.

"I loved her," Laurean told a Mexican reporter who asked whether he killed Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/missing.marine/index.html (Bolded by me)

OMG! This is a BOMBSHELL! I think it deserves a thread!! So does this statement from Cesar mean that he is going to point the blame towards Christina? What could he possibly be thinking by telling the press such a thing? How would this fit in with his defense? Is he saying that he did not rape Maria, but they had a torrid affair? Is he saying that he had made plans to leave with Maria and the baby after all? (She did buy a ticket to El Paso.) What IS he saying here?!

Actually, this would explain so much of what has been missing in this case. If Christina did all of it in a jealous rage and Cesar helped HER clean it up. Think of it coming from that point of view. It would fit.

My sister and I tossed that around a month or so ago..she thinks that is what happened...me, on the other hand, I don't think so. I think he killed her because of the baby and what all of it would do to his Marine career. But I could well be wrong....it's hard to think like a 20 year old....
it is possible what you are saying, SS...but it makes more sense to me that he killed her because he didn't want that baby and he knew it was his....everything he had worked for in his life could have been destroyed had the rape charge ever made it to court...and he knew that and wasn't willing to risk it..I also think he thought Maria would never leave him alone..only one way to make sure she would be gone from his life and his world....

"I loved her," Laurean told a Mexican reporter who asked whether he killed Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.
Seriously,

No Mexican reporter or newspaper has even posted the story. Let's get the facts and be sure that he was actually captured.

I know the aspect of xtina's involvement is intriguing. I am just hoping that people don't get carried away before the facts are in.

If this were any other case, we would expect real documentation of an arrest. Where is it? Thanks.:)

either he is already trying to cover his butt or he did love her at one time...they might have had an ongoing affair.....but I still don't believe Christina was the one that killed her.

Seriously,

No Mexican reporter or newspaper has even posted the story. Let's get the facts and be sure that he was actually captured.

I know the aspect of xtina's involvement is intriguing. I am just hoping that people don't get carried away before the facts are in.

If this were any other case, we would expect real documentation of an arrest. Where is it? Thanks.:)

I don't understand what you mean. This is being reported on major news outlets like CNN and CBS News. Seriously Searching's link was in fact a CNN story, with just one quote within the article from a Mexican reporter.

Seriously,

Looks like him to me ............
j97g2s.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/missing.marine/index.html

But there is something strange. Does a fugitive wear a red shirt with no sleeves, showing identifying tattoos, and then give his correct name after voluntarily walking up to a road block?

strange.

I guess they would if they were worn out and tired of being on the run and living off the land. And wanting to see their family back in the U.S.

Don't know. But maybe he was tired of running. It happens.

That is the way it seems, because another paragraph in that same article states:

"Mexican authorities arrested Laurean at 7 p.m. Thursday in San Juan Vina, in Michoacan, about 120 miles west of the capital, after he approached a roadblock set up by the local anti-kidnapping task force, according to the Michoacan state attorney general's office."

Actually sounds voluntary.

I am thinking mexican authorities rolled his sleeves up to show the full tattoos on tv during the media interviews, so that people would have no doubt it is him.

I think with him making the I loved her statement, really makes me lean towards xtina coming home and maybe catching Maria there. That being such a small military community someone could have seen him and Maria out at the atm or store, maybe greyhound station and calling Xtina at the party, then she came to find them.

Looks like him to me ............
j97g2s.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/10/missing.marine/index.html

But there is something strange. Does a fugitive wear a red shirt with no sleeves, showing identifying tattoos, and then give his correct name after voluntarily walking up to a road block?

strange.

Does that look like any other mug shot you have ever seen?

Don't get me wrong, you know that I will be elated to see him face justice. Something just feels really staged about the whole thing. Yeah, strange is the operative word for me, too.

I am thinking mexican authorities rolled his sleeves up to show the full tattoos on tv during the media interviews, so that people would have no doubt it is him.

good point! I hadn't looked that closely before.
and you can see by the tanned forearms and not-tanned upper arms that he wasnt normally going around in a sleeveless shirt.

"I loved her." Ah yes. Is that a line he and xtina agreed upon? or is it his way of distancing himself from xtina?

Does that look like any other mug shot you have ever seen?

Don't get me wrong, I will be elated to see him face justice. Something just feels really staged about the whole thing. Yeah, strange is the operative word for me, too.

I agree.
Somebody else mentioned how cleaned up he looks, despite the fact that he told people he had been living out in fields and sruviving on avocados. ......

And then, of course, there's the fact that he voluntarily walked up to local authorities at a road block and told them who he was. ........ contrast that with the fact that he gave a false name to the bus driver he was talking to on his bus trip down there .........

Seriously,

Ummm, it's all over Google News and the AP now, so it's real!

Running out of money could also start to make being on the run feel less appealing...Also, according to this, they stopped him because he looked suspicious and then also pursued it further because he didn't speak Spanish very well. So, it doesn't seem entirely voluntary, not at first anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/ap_on_re_us/missing_marine
Magdalena Guzman, a prosecutors' spokeswoman, said police carrying out an anti-kidnapping operation stopped Laurean as he wandered on a street because they thought he looked suspicious.

When they realized he didn't speak Spanish well, they became even more suspicious. After running his name through a computer — and recognizing his distinctive tattoos — they realized Laurean was wanted in the United States to face charges in Lauterbach's death.

Guzman said Laurean told the arresting officers he had only 10 pesos — about $1 — in his pocket when arrested.

Running out of money could also start to make being on the run feel less appealing...Also, according to this, they stopped him because he looked suspicious and then also pursued it further because he didn't speak Spanish very well. So, it doesn't seem entirely voluntary, not at first anyway.

good call, Lilly! I saw the same account (differing a bit from the CNN account) in the guardian online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7453948http://websleuths.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2126887

"Magdalena Guzman, a spokeswoman for Michoacan state prosecutors, said police carrying out an anti-kidnapping operation stopped Laurean as he wandered on a street because they thought he looked suspicious."

That makes it sound a lot more proactive on the part of the authorities. ..... I wonder whether they were under cover or in uniform, etc., because they said he was "wandering" in the street.

If he loved Maria, then why didn't he kill Christina like all the other cheating baby-daddy husbands do?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back