796 users online (112 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Seriously,

No Mexican reporter or newspaper has even posted the story. Let's get the facts and be sure that he was actually captured.

I know the aspect of xtina's involvement is intriguing. I am just hoping that people don't get carried away before the facts are in.

If this were any other case, we would expect real documentation of an arrest. Where is it? Thanks.
    Ummm, it's all over Google News and the AP now, so it's real!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

It looks like from these photos here that his shirt sleeves were down and they rolled them up.......if you go to this link and then click on gallery above his photo.

http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/...4-10-0068.html

Kel

Running out of money could also start to make being on the run feel less appealing...Also, according to this, they stopped him because he looked suspicious and then also pursued it further because he didn't speak Spanish very well. So, it doesn't seem entirely voluntary, not at first anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/...missing_marine
    Magdalena Guzman, a prosecutors' spokeswoman, said police carrying out an anti-kidnapping operation stopped Laurean as he wandered on a street because they thought he looked suspicious.

When they realized he didn't speak Spanish well, they became even more suspicious. After running his name through a computer — and recognizing his distinctive tattoos — they realized Laurean was wanted in the United States to face charges in Lauterbach's death.

Guzman said Laurean told the arresting officers he had only 10 pesos — about $1 — in his pocket when arrested.

Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    Running out of money could also start to make being on the run feel less appealing...Also, according to this, they stopped him because he looked suspicious and then also pursued it further because he didn't speak Spanish very well. So, it doesn't seem entirely voluntary, not at first anyway.
    good call, Lilly! I saw the same account (differing a bit from the CNN account) in the guardian online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/7453948

"Magdalena Guzman, a spokeswoman for Michoacan state prosecutors, said police carrying out an anti-kidnapping operation stopped Laurean as he wandered on a street because they thought he looked suspicious."

That makes it sound a lot more proactive on the part of the authorities. ..... I wonder whether they were under cover or in uniform, etc., because they said he was "wandering" in the street.

Resistance is futile!
    You will be assimilated!
    By the Collective!

If he loved Maria, then why didn't he kill Christina like all the other POS cheating baby-daddy husbands do?

Every scum scking POS that ever killed a girlfriend or wife claims they "looovvvveeed her." On Greta last night they said he seemed disoriented. Maybe he was high. His wife needs to go to jail too. What he did was bad enough but a woman who would try to cover for him needs to be in prison right along with him. I mean, the man had a cookout over Maria's cooking body! How psyco is that??

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    If he loved Maria, then why didn't he kill Christina like all the other POS cheating baby-daddy husbands do?
    Exactly!! That is why I think Christina did it. I can just picture it ... she finds out (or at least suspects) that Maria & Cesar are planning to run off together, kills Maria, and Cesar is all of a sudden overwhelmed by "guilt" for cheating on his wife and "driving" her to kill his lover ... so he agrees to go buy supplies to help her cover it up in a desperate attempt to keep the family together, keep them both out of jail (she's a murderer, he's a rapist) and "protect" their daughter. He takes off to Mexico knowing that he will look like the murderer, trying to take the focus off Xtina, again driven by his "guilt" over tearing his family apart. Maybe after 3 months of hiding, he finally broke down - gave in and let himself be arrested, and admitted that he loved Maria. Maybe the "proof" will show that it really was Xtina who committed the murder.

This is all just a scenario playing out in my head ... who knows ... but I am REALLY interested to hear what kind of things are going to come out of his mouth in the next few days/weeks.

I would still like to hear how Xtina explained Maria's car being parked in her driveway and being driven around for days.

Poor Xtina, the 10 year old with her diary. She must be crushed this morning. (insert sarcastic smiley here)

What exactly is a "anti-kidnapping operation"? Was this roadblock set up because a kidnapping had already been commited? I've never heard of this kind of sting/operation being done here in the US. Is this something that Mexico LE perform on a regular basis?

Or was this purposely set up for the sole reason of capturing CL?

I bet we see a lot of finger pointing go on between CL and Christina in the coming weeks/months. Hopefully, LE will go back and review all the facts they have so far and submit an air tight case to the Prosecutor for when CL is extradited back. I want to see a fast and swift trial for this POS with the end result being "GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL".

I don't know how much Christina was involved, but I venture to say based on what we know so far, that she will also be joining CL in a jail.

Xtina and Cesar together had waged a war of harrasment and abuse towards Maria for a long long time. Recruiting their friends, including lower level superiors of the Marine Corp. All culminating in a final "eff you Maria" celebration BBQ. Xtina was in on the harrasment and abuse from day one. But that involvement suddenly stops the day Maria is murdered? I'm just not buying it.

"But that involvement suddenly stops the day Maria is murdered? I'm just not buying it."

Me neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Littledeer; 04-11-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: apologizing to SuziQ: the quote marks didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I bet we see a lot of finger pointing go on between CL and Christina in the coming weeks/months. Hopefully, LE will go back and review all the facts they have so far and submit an air tight case to the Prosecutor for when CL is extradited back. I want to see a fast and swift trial for this POS with the end result being "GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL".

I don't know how much Christina was involved, but I venture to say based on what we know so far, that she will also be joining CL in a jail.
    I totally agree, LD.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I totally agree, LD.
    Me too! Let the games begin!

Monopoly anybody?

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL, DO NOT PASS GO CL..........

I would prefer this in honor of Maria and her baby for CL,

But I understand that the DP is off the table.............is there anyway that it could go back on the table?? Hopefully, this will be discussed on the Greta/Nancy show between knowledeable attorneys!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast