1073 users online (214 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Pack of Pit Bulls Attack

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4944067.story

When a pack of pit bulls attacked a woman Thursday in Chicago's Marquette Park neighborhood, Cristian Hidalgo tried to beat them back. When that didn't work, he jumped on top of the woman, trying to act as a human shield.

But even Hidalgo, the man who had raised most of the dogs since they were born, couldn't stop them.
    When she got closer, Bernal said, she could see that the woman's clothes were ripped up, and she was bleeding all over.

"The car seat where she was sitting was covered with blood, and pieces of [flesh] were everywhere," she said.

Oh my gosh- what a horrid story. I hope the poor lady is able to recover.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Who the frig needs a pack of any kind of dog? This guy should be banned from even owning a teacup poodle for the rest of his life.

And he obviously knows nothing about the breed, pit bulls are excellent climbers. Idiot. I hope the poor woman sues him.

Certain 'aggressive' breeds should require a license for ownership. If you cannot control them, you should not have them.
    Above is my opinion only

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    I totally agree with you Brefie.

And there's that cute wittle baby Rottie again. I love the picture.

Wonder if they were bred for fighting? I know in Chicago where a large number of Hispanics live, Dog fighting is the norm. It is even advertised in some of the hispanic papers and on flyers given out in and around Harvey Ill.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    I totally agree with you Brefie.

And there's that cute wittle baby Rottie again. I love the picture.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    Wonder if they were bred for fighting? I know in Chicago where a large number of Hispanics live, Dog fighting is the norm. It is even advertised in some of the hispanic papers and on flyers given out in and around Harvey Ill.
    I didn't know this. I live in Chicago Do you happen to know which papers??
    I would put quite a bit of effort into getting a few shut down.

Did anyone see the Oprah show on puppy mills? I was bawling like a baby!
    Above is my opinion only

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Isn't dog fighting illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    Isn't dog fighting illegal?
    Of course...I guess these dumbos think there are no Spanish-speaking cops around here.
    Above is my opinion only

I think the breed should be allowed to die out. However, until that happens, there should be a law as to how many one person can own of this breed. It seems to me that pit bulls are out of control when there are too many of them in one location. Even though these dogs were on his property and somehow "got loose," he is still responsible. He should have known better and had them tied, even in the yard. Dogs, all too often, are able to get out of their yards. Hopefully, he's got homeowners' insurance and this woman can sue them and prevail.

There's a photo of the victim with her injuries:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6879354.story

A woman who was attacked by five pit bulls spoke about the harrowing experience from her hospital bed Friday, saying she felt fortunate to be alive.

Gabriela Munoz Lopez was walking in the 6600 block of South Richmond Avenue on Thursday afternoon on her way to pick her children up from school when the dogs came barreling toward her out of nowhere, she said.

"I tried getting away from them, but they followed me. I was hitting them with an umbrella," said Lopez, 32.

She said the dogs attacked her, biting her on the face, head and legs before a motorist pulled a van up next to her.
    Lopez, a Walgreens clerk, lives a few blocks from where she was attacked. She said she was relieved her three children, ages 6, 10 and 12, were not with her when it happened. Lopez said she her rescuer visited her in the hospital. "I was crying because I couldn't find the right words to say 'thank you,' " she said.