709 users online (103 members and 606 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

VA - Meghan Landowski, 16, murdered in her Portsmouth home #1

Meghan's MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/i_live_in_the_stars

News article:

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/04/port...ustody-norfolk

Quote from the article:
    A 16-year-old Woodrow Wilson High School sophomore found slain in her single-family Simonsdale home Thursday night has been identified by police as Meghan N. Landowski.

Investigators today are trying to figure out who killed her and why.
    Friends called her l'il Meghan, and her MySpace screen name was "mini." A different profile she apparently stopped using gave her height as 5'0".

She was a heart-breakingly cute kid, looked 12, in spite of her age. Police seem to have a POI, but no "suspect," yet. NCIS is involved, which makes me think the POI is Navy.

Steve

For some reason, I thought about the Jodi Sanderholm case; probably because they were both dancers. Hope this wasn't another case of her being stalked by someone. It will be interesting to hear if she had expressed any concerns about being followed home, etc.

Looking at her photo just breaks my heart. With each passing day I fear more for my childrens safety. We now live in a nation full of sicko's where no one is safe.

I wonder if the house/man LE was staking out and why; was he a registered sex offender? Did they see him around the scene?
    It sounds like the step father had walked in and called LE asap; he seems cleared.

I saw this on the news last night.This linked article tells more than what was said last night.

One thing that one of her friends said on the news last night was that she asked if she could go home with them.It was usually that she asked for them to walk to her house.The person she asked was not going home or something(can't quite remember what was said).

I hope they catch whoever did this to this sweet young girl

RIP Meghan. How horrifying. My sympathies go out to your family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    I saw this on the news last night.This linked article tells more than what was said last night.

One thing that one of her friends said on the news last night was that she asked if she could go home with them.It was usually that she asked for them to walk to her house.The person she asked was not going home or something(can't quite remember what was said).

I hope they catch whoever did this to this sweet young girl
    I wonder if she was normally safety conscious or if she was using the buddy system of friends walking her home or going over her house if someone was stalking her. She does live in an area not area plagued by crime? (not that it matters as crimes happen everywhere; just if she had a reason to ask a friend to walk her home). Did she always ask her friend to; or did something happen that made her on edge recently?

This happened about three miles from where I live. My daughter goes to the same school as Meghan.

I hesitated to post anything because it seemed disrespectful to her.

I hope they find who did it and he gets the death penalty.

I felt a sense of relief when I heard someone had been taken into custody and I was assured by someone that SHOULD know that he was the one. Now I read that he's been released.

I'm terrified to leave my daughter anywhere alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I wonder if she was normally safety conscious or if she was using the buddy system of friends walking her home or going over her house if someone was stalking her. She does live in an area not area plagued by crime? (not that it matters as crimes happen everywhere; just if she had a reason to ask a friend to walk her home). Did she always ask her friend to; or did something happen that made her on edge recently?
    It is a pretty safe neighborhood. Some people don't even lock their doors. It's not immune to crime (like anywhere else) but you just don't hear of too many things happening in that neighborhood.

Oh no, lizzybeth. Did your daughter know her?

She knew who she was. She recognized the name and picture last night. Meghan was a sophomore and my daughter is a senior so they really didn't travel in the same circles.

Thanks for the pm, lizzybeth. I sent one back.

I hope your daughter's school stays strong. This is such a terrifying thing to happen to a community.

It is terrifying. I had called my daughter and told her that they had the person in custody. Now, they've released him I feel like I should call her back and tell her to be VERY careful.

Simonsdale is an old neighborhood. Some of the adults raising families there also grew up there. They'll look out for each other.

in the comments after an article on wavy tv 10 in norfork , there are several references to this being a revenge killing by a guy who had recently been released from jail for molesting this same girl last year. that must be who the cops were questioning immediately after the murder was discovered.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast