Identified! TX - Hays Co., Man hit by vehicle, Apr'08 - Willy Williams

Good that they know his name, but it doesn't sound like he's from that area. Could be from anywhere! Do they - or can they - post his photo anywhere?

i will email the newspaper.
i do know the newspaper does not have a saturday edition, maybe they might include it in sunday's. all it mentioned is that he'd been to the salvation army in georgia, there are too many willy williams listed in ga. i wonder if fingerprints would bring up anything.

i will email the newspaper.
i do know the newspaper does not have a saturday edition, maybe they might include it in sunday's. all it mentioned is that he'd been to the salvation army in georgia, there are too many willy williams listed in ga. i wonder if fingerprints would bring up anything.

Could be - sounds like he really could be from anywhere and Georgia and Texas are a long way apart. Does sound like a southern type name, so that should help narrow it down. If anyone is looking for him - we can figure it out! But a picture sure would be helpful.

I wonder how they got his name, if it was from an ID or Driver's License they can tell us where it was issued. I hope we get more info in tomorrow's paper.

From my understanding he's not an UID, they knew who he is and just had trouble locating his family and finding someone to take care of proper burial. Unless it's a false name?
If he was homeless, maybe he didn't have any family that he was in contact with.

The link in the OP now opens this page:

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/local/x1169221026/Family-of-slain-man-still-being-sought

Family of slain man still being sought
Authorities release name of man killed along IH-35
From staff reports
The San Marcos Record Fri Apr 11, 2008, 09:25 AM CDT

Kyle — No one knows why the man killed walking along IH-35 earlier this week was there or where he was going; now no one will.

But the larger question for authorities is a different one — where is his family?

Hays County Justice of the Peace Beth Smith took the unusual step Thursday of releasing the name of 40-year-old Willy Williams, whose body was found along the frontage road of IH-35 near Kyle Tuesday morning between the 212 and 213 mile markers.

Described as a white male, 5’11” and 150 lbs., he was wearing jeans and a dark sweatshirt, carrying a sleeping bag and backpack with a few meager possessions inside.

He had appeared to have been on foot when hit by a vehicle.

Hernandez said it appears Williams had spent time at a Salvation Army shelter in Georgia “several years back,” but doesn’t know where in Georgia the shelter was, or if Williams had stayed at any local shelters for the homeless more recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back