Reaction score
Today I found this case on Charleyproject:

Tom Ray Starkel

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

· Missing Since: December 5, 1979 from Palmdale, California
· Classification: Endangered Missing
· Date of Birth: July 15, 1960
· Height and Weight: 5'6, 150 pounds
· Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Blond hair, green eyes.
· Clothing/Jewelry Description: A tan sweater and brown corduroy pants.

Details of Disappearance

Starkel was last seen leaving his girlfriend's home in Palmdale, California on December 5, 1979. Authorities believe he did arrive at his own apartment afterwards, but he has never been heard from again. Starkel was driving a dark green Pontiac Firebird with Nevada license plates at the time of his disappearance. His vehicle was recovered two weeks later, when it was pulled over driving into California from Nevada. Another individual was driving the vehicle and there was no sign of Starkey. The person was arrested and held for about two weeks, but eventually released for lack of evidence connecting him to Starkey's disappearance. Starkey's case remains unsolved.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/starkel_tom.html

I wonder how intense the interview was for his "friend". Anyone seen driving the vehicle of a person who has disappeared sounds pretty sketchy. Craig Moore was his name and there was several of Starkel's belongings in the vehicle and a handgun that had been fired recently.

I wonder how intense the interview was for his "friend". Anyone seen driving the vehicle of a person who has disappeared sounds pretty sketchy. Craig Moore was his name and there was several of Starkel's belongings in the vehicle and a handgun that had been fired recently.

A starting point would be to know more about the Craig Moore named in this case. What was his full name, DoB, etc. How did he know Tom Starkel? One reason I ask is that this could let us see if subsequent behaviour reinforced suspicion. There seem to be about 200 Craig Moores in California at present,and it is impossible to know which (if any) is our man (he may, of course, have moved out of state). However, at least one who fits the bill in terms of age (born 1957), Craig Richey Moore, is a registered sex offender with an assault record in Salinas. Whilst he may be unrelated to this case it would be most interesting if he is the same man.

The poi was Craig Alan Moore
Dob: Dec 8, 1956
Dod: Nov 11, 2010
Age 53 Autopy cited natural causes (cardiovascular)
I’m surprised not to find any (rumours) around this case, in all this time you would think someone would have heard something.
Btw this young man reminds me of my hubby who had that lovely strawberry/blond hair back then also!

Craig probably made him sign the car over at gunpoint or something. Clever, since it provided a cover, although a shady one. I don't think he wasn't trying to sell his car? Even if he was, obviously more than that happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back