Alicia Keys: "Gangsta Rap" Created To Convince Blacks To Kill Each Other

White Rain

Reaction score
I like her music...but her theory seems a bit far-fetched to me. And as for Tupac and Biggie, they created their own feud. Have you guys ever heard some of the lyrics they wrote to each other? Woo-hoo there was some serious hatin' going on between them two.

NEW YORK — There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.
Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

Right.

How did the government get everyone to buy all that music? They can't even get everyone to stop smoking, pay taxes on time, stop speeding, or wear seatbelts, or follow that stupid pyramid food chart.

But they can get a conspiracy going to get people to buy music.

Somebody is so delusional.

wowow

the government wrote all them nasty lyrics? amazing!!!

and then....and then...they somehow got two men with the talent and the hatred to sing them? and then...they FORCED people to buy this awful stuff?

men of every color have been hating and killing each other since time began. maybe all this time it was the government...hmm.

wonder which government forced cain to kill abel, his brother.

this is beyond ugly.

I like her music...but her throry seems a bit far-fetched to me. And as for Tupac and Biggie, they created their own fued. Have you guys ever heard some of the lyrics they wrote to each other? Woo-hoo there was some serious hatin' going on between them two.

NEW YORK — There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.
The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.
Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

Oh boy. Another great black leader? Would that be Tupac or B.I.G? Who in the heck is the 'em in killing 'em dead? Huey Newton had plenty of opportunity and this girl don't know what she's talking about. Her theory in effect would mean all white America is wrong and evil and all black people are too dense to make any kind of decent decisions. Wrong. Alicia Cook is a poser. She should stick to playing her piano. That was mighty irresponsible of her to do an interview like that. She read some books and comes up with these theories. Excellent.

Next on CNN: Alicia Keys theorizes that the US government created this this thing called...jealousy, and egomania, used to pit slain rappers Notorious B.I.G and Tupac Shakur. :)

Is Cook her real last name, or is it Keys?

Cook is her last name. Keys is her stage name, Paladin. At one point she was going to pick the name Wilde. She also uses her mother's maiden name hyphenated before the Cook. I can't think of the name though.

:banghead:

Um, yeah. This sounds like something from one of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermons.
Anyhoo, if that's the purpose of gangsta rap, how does she explain "Cop Killer" by Ice-T, which was one of the first of the breed?

Lyrics:
Ice-T, "Cop Killer"
I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This *advertiser censored*'s been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
( 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.
My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
( her)

Die, die, die pig, die!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police yeah!

I'm a Cop killer, police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
( 'em)

the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police!
the police, break it down.
the police, yeah.
the police, for Darryl Gates.
the police, for Rodney King.
the police, for my dead homies.
the police, for your freedom.
the police, don't be a pussy.
the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.
the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
( her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

Everyone is entitled to their own ideas and "conspiracy theories" but sometimes celebrities should keep their mouths shut. Especially when they have ideas like this.

I think she's beautiful and extremely talented but because of what she's said I may think twice before buying one of her CD's.

Oh Ice-T.

And now he's on SVU. And one of the best on it.

That guy is a classic with them one liners. I especially enjoy his song "Race War". I wonder if Miss Keys has heard music by Menace Clan, Mystic, and Da Lench Mob to name a few. All anti-white, anti-cop, and misogynistic to boot. Tupac blamed our mainstream society for all the crimes commited by blacks then this chick goes spouting how another great black leader was lost. She should pay more mind to Wynton Marsalis. Hopefully the sales of her next record will reflect what she got herself into running her mouth. Then again maybe she was misquoted.

Wow. She is very talented but totally stupid.

Someone should point out to Miss Keys that sadly Blacks do kill each other ...

What about gang wars?? Or riots when they trash their own neighborhood and local businesses?

I am the most non racial person you will ever meet but its a fact (even one that many Black leaders point out) Blacks in some neighborhoods do turn on each other.

I do feel that our forefathers did little to encouraged the Black race to be successful but the same could be said of almost any race that immigrated to the US... I think today that anyone has the chance to change their life circumstances through education if they truly want to as many amazing African Americans have proven.

She must have just recently read this article from 2005.

Sharpton Calls For Ban On Violent Rap Music

A Government ploy to kill each other?? Gangsta rap didn't exist??
Click here for Alicia Keys "Gangsta Lovin" rap video

From part of the link under this;
When questioned about offensive rap lyrics, Kerry said there is a line to be drawn, but defended freedom of speech.
"I think that there is a line you draw between government intervention and the right of speech and the right for people to express themselves, but do I think there are standards of decency in that?
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/5697

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/17/obama.hip.hop/index.html

:silenced:

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Blacks kill blacks, Whites kill whites ect ect. The world today with all the violence has gotten bad as a whole and to blame rap or any other music is just a cop out.
The ecomony is bad and the leadership of our country is IMO about the dumbest I have seen in years. They try to bring music, video games and tv into why people do the things they do.
But IMO it is how you were rasied by your parents and the morals you were taught if any. My son is 21 and gothic he looks scary sometimes but he doesn't do drugs, smoke or has never been arrested and is very respectful of his peers and elders. He listens to stuff like Insane Clown Posse and Marilyn Manson and plays Grand Theft Auto games and has never did anything the lyrics or the game suggests.
She is just looking for a scapegoat to blame it on and it happens everyday to all races not just one.

Right.

How did the government get everyone to buy all that music? They can't even get everyone to stop smoking, pay taxes on time, stop speeding, or wear seatbelts, or follow that stupid pyramid food chart.
But they can get a conspiracy going to get people to buy music.

Somebody is so delusional.

hahah!...great point..

It sounded like to me she's been smokin too much of that wacky tobaccy. lol
Famous people have no clue what kind of impact thay have on many impressionable young fans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back