1466 users online (273 members and 1193 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    Could be Snow, but why paint the garage? It was a cluttered little place where they couldn't even park the cars? How often do you take party goers to the garage? It would make a nice excuse after the fact, however.
    Nothing was ever confirmed about painting the garage, only something the neighbor had said.

Could be Snow, but why paint the garage? It was a cluttered little place where they couldn't even park the cars? How often do you take party goers to the garage? It would make a nice excuse after the fact, however.
    The thing is we dont know how the garage looked on 12-14 though. Painting can leave the house messy until it is cleaned up and things put back again.

They could have pulled out and had everything strewn because of the paint job. They even had their dining room table and chairs still out there.

So I do think it is a very good possibility that the garage back at that time could hold a vehicle in it.

LOL Well now that you mention it..........we hold parties in the wintertime in our garage when it is too cold outside and we dont want to build a bonfire to keep warm.......we have heaters going and it is a great place to have a group of people because it is such a large, wide open area that the chairs and tables fits in there just fine with room to spare. Of course as my hubby says I am a neat freak and our garage has always been painted and kept neat.

imoo

Maria was killed in the garage so there would be some blood splatter there he would want to cover up even after he cleaned up what he could see with his own eyes. And who knows, they may have wanted at some point to convert the garage into a lounge type area for entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    Did Maria have any real friends, other than the guy who felt bad about her situation and let her move in to share his place with him?

eta-I am just asking because the Laureans seemed pretty confident that they could run her off the base and no one would care. Plus, they seemed to have friends who helped them (in a roundabout way) accomplish that goal.
    Yes. One girl was on the Today show the morning after they found her body. I tried to find the video but couldn't. Maybe it wasn't the Today Show. I saw it live and I pulled it. She said Maria told her she was raped when it happened. She talked about Maria and what happened to her. There have also been posts from some of her friends on Facebook and MySpace. Some have been removed.

Found it. Maria's Friend speaks on CBS Morning Show.

http://video.aol.com/partner/cbs/fri...c2EfuoP2XUMf5C

Thanks for the link to the video Cali. I don't have a way to see it, but that was a good question by lilyrush considering that we haven't heard much from anyone that knew Maria other than her mother.

Then again, we haven't heard much from the other side of the family either. Guess after being involved with the DP case, and seeing how family members are always talking, I didn't realize how quiet these families are.

Crime Dreamer, Thank you so much for finding that out and posting the source. I ask because as I was thinking about whether it was both Cesar and Christina or one of them separately, I wondered how much support that either one of them perceived that Maria had in the military community. If the truth was that Cesar and Maria had an affair and (on top of that) Christina viewed Maria as someone who had not only swayed her husband but had a lot of friends supporting her side of the story, then that could have made her even more jealous and angry. Or even if it wasn't an affair, they both could have become even more angry that anyone was supporting her in the accusations against him.

Littledeer, You are right that the quietness definitely stands out compared to other cases. I suppose that could be because there is the added factor of them being in the military and maybe some damage control is being done.

-edited to add, just watched it - good interview that I hadn't seen before- thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Thanks for the link to the video Cali. I don't have a way to see it, but that was a good question by lilyrush considering that we haven't heard much from anyone that knew Maria other than her mother.

Then again, we haven't heard much from the other side of the family either. Guess after being involved with the DP case, and seeing how family members are always talking, I didn't realize how quiet these families are.
    Very odd that it is so quiet. You know both Maria and POS had family but you never hear of them hardly. One thing that I can't remember. Did Maria have siblings?

Very odd that it is so quiet. You know both Maria and POS had family but you never hear of them hardly. One thing that I can't remember. Did Maria have siblings?
    I know it's been mentioned she has a sister, but I'm not sure about other siblings.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtbam View Post
    Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... Lately you would not believe how many people say that this is yet another reason why women should not be allowed in the Marines.....

No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!
    I can't believe this is still an issue. I have a daughter a in the military and she says she gets more crap from civilians about being a woman than she does within the service itself. So archaic isn't it? Thank God for you all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3