743 users online (156 members and 587 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davenj View Post
    Pocono
    I agree with you that the Marines did botch the whole thing.If Onslow County and the Marines were on the same page he wouldn't have been in Mexico when caught.

CL is a worm if ya ask me.Me decieved/lied to his wife about the whole thing.He decieved/lied to Maria to get her to date him.He lit the candle and fanned the flames.That flame eventually jumped up and burned him.

He should have in my opinion,manned up,admitted to what he had done and dealt with the consequences.Divorce,rape charge,adultery charge or whatever.Heck,when I was in me and my buddies did some dumb stuff,but we owned up to it and got what we deserved for it.He is neither a man or a Marine if you ask me.

I'd like to see him and or Christina locked up for a long time or ideally get a state sponsored injection for what he/they did.It seems to me it all comes back to CL,thinking about no one but himself or the result of his actions.

Hopping off my soapbox now.Coffee time

I wholeheartedly agree! I'm an eye for an eye kind of gal. A bit vengeful and vindictive. LOL BUT, I would love to see them meet the same fate as Maria and her baby. Right down to the disposal of their remains.

I've already had my coffee...hmmmmm...maybe that's part of the wirey anger I have this morning. Too much caffeine?! Naw that couldn't be it.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Pocono I might would buy that story if they were actual ''combat'' Marines. They were office clerks. And I do believe Christine was only a reservist. Yes they were Marines but not really in the sense that they were fierce killing machines. (ok yes they were but they did it cowardly)
    Okay...now about the disparaging remarks regarding both "office clerks" and "only a reservist".... I mean this is the most respectful manner... "bite me!" LOL!!!! I was a reservist for a while and active duty for a lot more...16 years to be exact...but I guess that you might think that I was not a real Marine since I was JUST a office clerk.... Bah! I will defend my title of Marine to my dying breath! I EARNED my Eagle, Globe and Anchor, thank you very much, have served with honor and held to the Marine Corps Traditions....

These two (the Laureans) have not...so, I say take away their freedom, and publicly take away their Eagle, Globe and Anchor...for they have betrayed Marines everywhere....especially in whatever involvement in the loss of another Marine through such a manner!

Sorry... (not really) but I feel very strongly that all of us Marines are needed to make the fine Green Machine run smoothly...and we all deserve the same level of respect.... Thanks!
    Semper Fi!

Well at least I know where your coming from now ssgtbam. This is not the place to say more.

There is a long span time from the first time Maria reported a rape, to the time she was found in a pit burned with her unborn baby.

More than enough time for CL if he knew/thought he was the father, to do something honorable about it, even if he was married. OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES!!

IMO, this is a case of time building up to a point where it left no choice but for CL to kill Maria and her baby. Christina also was building up her own emotions...........I don't believe she was there during the killing, but I do beleive CL admitted all to her and she helped in the cover up.

Since then, again IMO, she has been playing both sides of the fence. LE on one side and CL on the other.

If SS wants us to go in depth for all her questions, I could keep typing............

Okay... I have waffled a bit over the past few weeks as to what I think happened in this really interesting case...
    No, I have to admit that things do not (IMHO) pan out for the rape allegations.... seems too odd (but not impossible to buy)... but I happen to think that many people have voiced that they thought that there was something going on between Maria and CL, and that she was not happy about his marital status.... I think that she really thought that he would leave his wife for her, and I suspect that he led her to think this... But, I do not think that his wife was in on the killing either... people (especially when fraught with emotions and being young) do not really think things through and this does not appear to be any different to me in that regard...
    I cannot say that I have a great deal of sympathy for Mrs. CL but I do think that she is torn as the LE has stated.... I suspect that she is terrified that she will face charges (either in the civilian side or on the Marine side of the house), and she very well still could... But, I do not think that she was involved in the death, and I also think that the death was a "heat of the moment" completely unplanned death....so I am not even sure that this will go down as a Murder conviction....even though this is such a horrible death and the aftermath is hideous...it may not meet the burden of proof....

Wink

Littledeer, back atcha....

I apologize if you took what I said the wrong way. Every job is needed in the Marines to make the Marines ''work''. I know that, I get that. What I am trying to say is it's not as if Christina and Cesar are or were out there in the front lines of Iraq engaged in combat. That was not their job in the corps. They were in a nice comfy office doing what personal clerks do. Yes they were marines and they earned that title like every other marine however as far as me giving them respect I don't and I won't. p.s no I wont bite you!

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtbam View Post
    Okay...now about the disparaging remarks regarding both "office clerks" and "only a reservist".... I mean this is the most respectful manner... "bite me!" LOL!!!! I was a reservist for a while and active duty for a lot more...16 years to be exact...but I guess that you might think that I was not a real Marine since I was JUST a office clerk.... Bah! I will defend my title of Marine to my dying breath! I EARNED my Eagle, Globe and Anchor, thank you very much, have served with honor and held to the Marine Corps Traditions....

These two (the Laureans) have not...so, I say take away their freedom, and publicly take away their Eagle, Globe and Anchor...for they have betrayed Marines everywhere....especially in whatever involvement in the loss of another Marine through such a manner!

Sorry... (not really) but I feel very strongly that all of us Marines are needed to make the fine Green Machine run smoothly...and we all deserve the same level of respect.... Thanks!
    Semper Fi!

Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... Lately you would not believe how many people say that this is yet another reason why women should not be allowed in the Marines.....

No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!

lol no it's not because your a marine it's because I don't bite girls..hehehe just kidding I didn't even know you were a girl.I don't think for one second that their marine training had anything to do with what they did to Maria and the baby. I think Cesar was a cheating,narcissistic,a-hole and he married a psycho jealous wife. Their mental illnesses combined was the nightmare Maria had to endure.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtbam View Post
    Awe: rats....Mygirlsadie....I can't get anyone to "bite me"...LOL! You don't suspose its cause I am a Marine do ya? JK.... It's a touchy subject...especially cuz I am also a dreaded female as well..... No harm done...and I appreciate your candor!

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    lol no it's not because your a marine it's because I don't bite girls..hehehe just kidding I didn't even know you were a girl.I don't think for one second that their marine training had anything to do with what they did to Maria and the baby. I think Cesar was a cheating,narcissistic,a-hole and he married a psycho jealous wife. Their mental illnesses combined was the nightmare Maria had to endure.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you...and as my DH says...they could have been working at McDs and done the same actions and there would not be a discussion as to what they were or were not trained to do.... and I can assure you that no Marine training includes how to burn a body or to bury it under a bonfire pit either....

Unfortunately all of those involved definately had issues, and this is where we are because of the collision course they found themselves on....

back at you too sstgbam

However, I do disagree with you in your "meeting the burden of proof" comment.

IMO, there is more then enough proof of MURDER. That is not what needs to be decided if a trial comes to frution. But who is on trial. Is there enough proof that he/she is the ONE that commited the murder is what the DA's office needs to show the jurors to meet the burden of proof.

I don't think anyone in the DA's office is thinking of who was involved in any cover up right now. They have to start at the beginning, which is WHO KILLED MARIA AND HER BABY??

All said IMO

True, Littledeer...and the potential for additional charges for other people who may have assisted in the cover up or the death itself may come to light when they have talked to CL. I do not necessarily expect that he will make a full confession, but (I really do think that he will talk, to save his bacon) this will potentially reveal others who would be charged as assisting in the commission of the crime or the cover up of the crime... (who was that man that was with CL in Home Depot? and what else did he do)...

As for my comment about "burden of proof"...I think I am talking about the premeditated aspect versus planned and executed according to that plan.... I guess that I would say that it may end up being a Voluntary Manslaughter case at the worst case scenerio.... I personally think that it should be Murder, and that life without possibility of parole in the worse prison setting possible...including the southern Chain Gangs..... would serve him right!

ssgtbam:

I don't think Maria's murder was either premedited or planned as you said in your post.

IMO, it was a spur of the moment decision based on months and months of build up of emotions. I think either one or both thought with the assaults done on Maria (keying of car, punch in face, etc.) that they thought she would have just quit the Marines and left. But she didn't.

And Maria was also going through months and months of emotions.

IT ALL COLLIDED ON THAT DAY, and Maria and her baby are dead.

I agree that the trial will bring out other people that were involved, either totally knowing what they were doing or being innocent and were a pawn.

We already know that there will be no death penalty for CL, I just want to know who killed Maria and her baby and for him/her or them to face a lifetime of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crime-Dreamer View Post
    IMO - Murder was committed by CL and another man. Motive was to take the baby or distroy the baby. It got out of hand and they killed her because she fought them. She was kidnapped and taken to his house. The note was not written by Maria or was dictated to her. It is written in code so people will know it is not sincere. Note, car at bus station, ticket, ID on top of the bushes at the bus station across the street from the police station were a set up to make it look like she left on her own. All too many easy clues for the police. Xtina found out after the fact.
    Cool theory, CD! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    Murder was committed by Cesar. The cover up was pretty easy as I think they had the bbq planned so Christina would have been none the wiser about a body being there(if she saw im digging, she wouldn't IMO be suspicious about that either...the painting I think had already been planned as well...to make their home look nicer when they had the big party and...so that wouldn't have been suspicious to her either.
    As for the motive..it's the BIGGEST and most common one...a baby that wasn't wanted by the father.
    SS, GREAT JOB on this thread!!!! Thanks!!!
    Could be Snow, but why paint the garage? It was a cluttered little place where they couldn't even park the cars? How often do you take party goers to the garage? It would make a nice excuse after the fact, however.

Did Maria have any real friends, other than the guy who felt bad about her situation and let her move in to share his place with him?

eta-I am just asking because the Laureans seemed pretty confident that they could run her off the base and no one would care. Plus, they seemed to have friends who helped them (in a roundabout way) accomplish that goal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast