728 users online (77 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: How did Maria's murder go down?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cesar committed premeditated murder; he alone covered it up.

9 10.84%
  • Cesar committed premeditated murder; he and Christina covered it up.

37 44.58%
  • Christina committed premeditated murder; she and Cesar covered it up.

3 3.61%
  • Cesar killed Maria on the spur of the moment; he alone covered it up.

6 7.23%
  • Cesar killed Maria on the spur of the moment; he and Christina covered it up.

17 20.48%
  • Christina killed Maria on the spur of the moment; she and Cesar covered it up.

10 12.05%
  • A friend of Cesar's killed Maria; he and Cesar covered it up.

0 0%
  • A friend of Christina's killed Maria; he/she, Cesar and Christina covered it up.

0 0%
  • An unknown person killed Maria and buried the body in the Laurean's yard.

0 0%
  • I have no opinion at this time.

1 1.20%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by peacekeeper View Post
    Her being confronted by Christine was a rumor at Camp LeJeune within 2 days of her body being found. How do we know she left that note. The keys to Durham's house were never found or returned. Her phone was found between the house she was living in and the base. If she was going to leave why would he have to kill her? He did an awful job of hiding body covering up crime at his house. Evidence everywhere. I think she was murdered and possibly the note and phone were planted to make it look like she fled. In my opinion. This case is talked about everyday in Onslow County. So much was leaked to media sources. I think that she should have been reported as a missing person to the local law enforcement the first day she was missing on Monday. Laureans name should have been given by the Military so at least he could have been questioned. Instead weeks went by. Lots of time to plan get away. She lived off base and disappeared from off base. Why not tell the local law enforcement. I am so saddened at the lack of concern at her disappearance it seems. I don't care if she didn't always make the right decisions in life but she deserved better.
    I highly doubt that Mary Lauterbach would start rumors and she is the one that stated Christina confronted her daughter. Why would she lie? Why would Maria lie to her mother about that?

I don't think it particularly matters when she left that note that day but the fact that she did. They are going to verify it of course but they have already said it looked just like Maria's writing, which they would have ample samples to look at.

There are questions that we cant answer. We do not know how her plans fell through or what heated argument may have happened because of that once she came back to tell Laurean. They both had been living under tremendous pressure since May 07. It was like a powder keg waiting to blow up imo.

I agree the hiding of the body shows panic and disorganization and makes me feel this was not a premeditated crime but something that erupted when Maria came to his home that day.

She was reported UA on that Monday by the Marine Corps. She was also reported missing and OCSD was notified on Tuesday.

Laurean did come in for questions. He told them that he wanted to seek his attorney's advice before speaking with them. The attorney called OCSD back and said he would not be talking to them. They cant force him to speak with them. Every citizen in this country has the same entitled right.

Whether they had done a BOLO on the first day it would not have saved Maria. They treated her as a Marine who had gone UA which is not an uncommon occurrences. Even her mother said that Maria had left on her own before. I do not fault the MC one bit. Not one thing ever happened under their jurisdiction and no one could have predicted that Maria would decide to go to Laurean's home.

You are right, she and Gabriel did not deserve this no matter what human frailties she had, like we all have in some degree or the other but I do see why they thought Maria had left on her own free will. Both of them deserved to live out their lives, goals and dreams.

Captain Sutherland stated that prior contact was made before going to his residence. We may never understand why she went there but she wasn't forced or kidnap because if so Hudson would have filed those charges immediately imo.

I do believe that he buried her, cleaned up the mess and got rid of the evidence however I still have many questions about what really went on there and who all was there and who did what.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

It is my understanding that OCSD didn't have Laureans name until the car was found with the protective order in it. I believe that they knew from Mary Lauterbach there was an issue wth a sexual assult but they were unable to get up with her Command because of holiday routines. My comment about Christine was inresponse to Tomsgirl prior statement. It is my opinion that Christine did confront her at Maria's job space. It is also my opinion that she is more involved then is being portrayed. If you are from this area you know that is a common belief. IMOO the delays because of the holidays caused him to be able to escape to Mexico. Her death would not have been prevented but it sure would have not ended in a backyard barbeque possibly. I think that if the story had been aired on that Monday that she was missing her car would have been found sooner because the public would have aided in the search. It was handled very slowly and then when her body was found it became a media circus. The neighbors with their storys about the shovel and the party's. About him driving the car. I pray that he is brought to justice soon.

Quote Originally Posted by peacekeeper View Post
    It is my understanding that OCSD didn't have Laureans name until the car was found with the protective order in it. I believe that they knew from Mary Lauterbach there was an issue wth a sexual assult but they were unable to get up with her Command because of holiday routines. My comment about Christine was inresponse to Tomsgirl prior statement. It is my opinion that Christine did confront her at Maria's job space. It is also my opinion that she is more involved then is being portrayed. If you are from this area you know that is a common belief. IMOO the delays because of the holidays caused him to be able to escape to Mexico. Her death would not have been prevented but it sure would have not ended in a backyard barbeque possibly. I think that if the story had been aired on that Monday that she was missing her car would have been found sooner because the public would have aided in the search. It was handled very slowly and then when her body was found it became a media circus. The neighbors with their storys about the shovel and the party's. About him driving the car. I pray that he is brought to justice soon.

Actually Sheriff Brown said to the media that when the person who reported Maria missing did not mention the sexual assault allegation.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

DA: Laurean set to return to United States

District Attorney says extradition appeal denied

Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean is due in Houston by the end of the week, according to District Attorney Dewey Hudson.
    Hudson was notified by military officials that Laurean's extradition appeal has been denied and military officials expect Laurean turned over to U.S. by end of the week.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laure...auterbach.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    DA: Laurean set to return to United States

District Attorney says extradition appeal denied

Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean is due in Houston by the end of the week, according to District Attorney Dewey Hudson.
    Hudson was notified by military officials that Laurean's extradition appeal has been denied and military officials expect Laurean turned over to U.S. by end of the week.

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/laure...auterbach.html
    Thanks Tonia, this is wonderful news, just hope there's no hang ups coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    FRUSMC, I strongly believe they had an affair because she would have never gone to his house had they not. He tricked her into believing they would go away together..he would meet her in El Paso later. If someone rapes you I don;t think you would ever go to their house. He set it all up. I think. The murder, bus ticket, everything. And I also think he buried her on the 14th or 15th ...I remember reading reports of the neighbor saying he was burning on the 16th...so if that is true..he burned her twice. That could be another reason why the smell wasn't so noticeable...short period of time at first then the big bon fire on the 24th....
    ---
    Actually, it was a pig that was cooked over her. Awful, I know, but true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3