CA CA - Santa Ana, HispMale 295UMCA, 40-55, Hit By Car, Feb'00

Good find quilts !! I would sure contact the authorities on this one ! Although it's 400 miles apart, it looks like a real possibility to me.

Thanks Barb.

I just sent an email. I'll let you know what happens.

There is a big discrepancy on the age. But I have seen that happen alot with matches, so it's still possible.

There is a big discrepancy on the age. But I have seen that happen alot with matches, so it's still possible.
I thought that too about the age but I've meet people who are say 70 and they look like they are 40 and I've meet people who I thought were in their 50's and turns out they were in the 30's.

I once met a man who I thought was about 60-70 and it turns out he and his wife were getting ready to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary. He was 93 at the time. Let's just say I was floored at how young he looked.

Makes me wonder if he wasn't heading towards Mexico and the reason he was 400 miles south of where he went missing? That is only 6 hours straight down the coast on I-5.

Sure could be a match. Good find. :)

Good find! The fact that they're both 5'4", 150ish pounds, and Hispanic are great matches! There aren't as many 5'4" males in the population. Keep us posted!

I agree, very strong possibility. He would have had to leave Concord by 2:00 p.m.ish to be in Santa Ana at 8:00 p.m. It does not say what time it was when he was last seen, but given that he could have spent the greater part of the day in Concord and still made it to Santa Ana by 8:00 p.m, adds to the feasibility.

Good catch!

Salem

I haven't heard anything from either the coranor or the police dept.

I figured I would get at least a "we'll look into it" email back.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/martinez_ruben.html

Doe was hit and killed the same day that Ruben went missing. I don't live in CA so I don't know how close these two areas are.
The height and weight are very close.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/295umca.html

These are CLOSE, quilts. Similar height and weight, both Hispanic adults but different age range. I would absolutely forward this information to the authorities.

Ruben's teeth aren't listed as missing, but everything else is a match.

Report it.

These are CLOSE, quilts. Similar height and weight, both Hispanic adults but different age range. I would absolutely forward this information to the authorities.

Ruben's teeth aren't listed as missing, but everything else is a match.

Report it.
I did report it. I sent emails to both agencies listed. The place where Ruben when missing and the coranor who should have the body. Nothing yet.

I have still not heard anything on this one.
I have sent a second email.

Not a match. A det. just emailed me that the thumbs prints do not match.

Still no closure for his family.

Well....just dangitall...I thought you had a good match there. You did a good thing turning it in though. Keep on searching. If there's some info out there to be found , I know you will do it. I'll be watching here for your next possible match.

:blowkiss:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/ramirez_juan.html

295UMCA.jpg
ramirez_juan.jpg

Juan disappeared 10 days before - 8 miles away.

I'm going to submit this one.

DP

Oh good grief. If this is him... what a face palm that would be.

The only negative I see is that Juan's teeth look fairly straight compared to how they describe the UID's. But otherwise it looks exactly like him. Good find!

Two more rule outs have been added to his NamUs page besides Santana Ornelas -- Frank Doherty and Ernest Salado.

00-01155-ao_sketch-1509566048-6355.jpg

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA — Do you recognize any of these faces? In honor of Dia de los Muertos, a holiday to remember friends and family members who have died, the Orange County Sheriff Coroner is remembering some of their unidentified decedents from over the years and requesting the public's assistance to get them identified.
John Doe was struck and killed by a vehicle Feb. 15, 2000 on W. 1st Street in Santa Ana. He was taken to a local hospital and died shortly after. He was estimated to be Hispanic, 40-55 years old, with short dark-brown or black hair and brown eyes. He was 5'4" and 151 pounds. He had a scar under his chin and there was a mass above his front teeth on his jawbone. He had several missing teeth and those remaining showed heavy wear. He had prominent cheek bones and a wide nose. He was wearing navy blue slacks, a black belt, a pair of black "Pro Wing" shoes, a light gray Christian Dior button-down shirt and black socks. Case No. 00-1155-AO.
https://patch.com/california/founta...tos-oc-coroner-honoring-the-unidentified-dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back