Google Builds Software Tools to Help Find Child Victims

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children uses custom Google technology to combat child *advertiser censored*

ALEXANDRIA, Va.- Today, Google Inc. (GOOG) announced a partnership to provide the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) with software tailored to help automate and streamline the technical assistance they provide to child *advertiser censored* investigations.

Technology plays a central role in the success of NCMEC's efforts to combat child *advertiser censored*. Working in cooperation with federal law enforcement agencies, analysts with NCMEC's Child Victim Identification Program (CVIP) have reviewed more than 13 million child *advertiser censored* images and videos to identify and rescue children. To help improve this overwhelming process, a team of Google engineers led by Dr. Shumeet Baluja created innovative software tools to help NCMEC track down child predators and victims of child exploitation through video and image search.

More at link

Great! However, I thought NCMEC was headed towards shutting down? Now I am wondering where I came up with that?! Hmmm...

Ugh, 13 MILLION child *advertiser censored* images and videos.

:( :(

bravo to google!
With so many predators out there, another software couldn't hurt.

It's great to see Google taking steps to help.

This is very good news! I think this will help at least some of the dear little ones who are being hurt and scarred by child *advertiser censored*.

SS, I think it is The National Center For Missing Adults that is in trouble, not The National Center For Missing Children. Someone please correct me me if I am mistaken. I don't know if I am stating facts correctly here.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back