752 users online (86 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    thank you all for helping us get beccas story out there!!we will be goin 2 court on sept. 22.its just a few days from now & we r asking that everyone try & send beccas story out 2 all nat'l media outlets.also & most importantly please pray that justice will be served & beccas last wishes will come forth,having this man put away 2 never harm any other child!!thank you all so very much!

Another Delay - Evidence is being sent to AL capitol, Montgomery
    written by Rhonda Wheelus

D.A. Giardini told us that the defense is challenging the information that was going to be allowed in the case. The information is going to be sent to the Alabama capitol, Montgomery, to decide if the information can or can not be allowed

Since Becca is not here anymore for him to cross examine this gives our family great concern. I am truely worried that the defense is doing all this as the tactic known as Victory by Delay!! The accused pedophile Bob Ingle has only served 6 hours in jail for this, he was released the same day back in December of 2006.

What happened to the victims rights? What to a speedy trial for Becca?? What about the fact that this man has served only 6 HOURS for what Beca had to endure at his hands for over a year of her short life!

Could someone Please help us & tell us exactly why this is being sent to Montgomery and our family has to face another delay?

Now we are forced to wait til Montgomery reviews the evidence and decides whether or not it will or won't be allowed before the case can go to trial.

Please someone, anyone tell our family what is goin on & why? Why are the victims force to endure such heartache while the perps walk free, when they are the cause of all this?

Our family will be protesting on Monday morning @ 9a.m. Sept.22 this was suppose to be the time of the trial until now! We need supporters and if you see that you can come out and help us, please be at the government plaza @ 9am on Monday morning.

We are Inviting the media to come out then too.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I agree with what John Douglas said in his book Law and Disorder:

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

Pedophile may walk victims 10 yr old dies

I am forwarding latest email update from Becca's McEvoy's cousin Theresa Jordan.

Hopefully this is good news! This is a good story which needs to be told! For a full background go to Becca's Blog
    http://www.my.opera.com/rhondawheelus

Cherry

----Orig email 12/31/2008----

We have heard back from the Court of Appeals and Steve Giaridini with the D.A's Office here in Mobile,Al. in the case of Rebecca McEvoy.

As you all know the evidence was sent to Montgomery to the court of appeals by the defense. DA Giaridini says the Court of Appeals has denied the request to have Judge Youngpeters decision overturned.

The defense is now having it sent to the Supreme Court and all though it's not written in stone in looks good for now.

The D.A. says it will probably be ready to trial sometime early 2009. Possibly around May. Keep us in your prayers and pressing for "Becca."

Thank You & God Bless,

Theresa Jordan
    TheresaDismukes@aol.com

Rebbecca's Blog
    http://www.my.opera.com/rhondawheelus

-----Story Background below click above link to read whole story------

Child rape case may die with victim's unexpected death

Prosecutors say a man who may be a danger to local kids may walk away from child rape charges all because the victim died. The case against the alleged sex criminal may be in jeopardy because a little girl died in a traffic crash.

(MOBILE, Ala.) March 12 -- Becca McEvoy's personality spills out of pictures, photos taken of her before a terrible accident. She was goofy, pouty, and her cousin, Theresa Jordan says, Becca's smile was dazzling. "Her little smile, she'd just come in the room and light up the room."Family members wanted Becca's face to be shown in the attached video of this news report because she doesn't have a voice... not anymore. When she could speak, police say Becca told her best friend a secret. That secret led to an investigation and rape charges being brought against Bob Ingle. Ingle used to be a Chickasaw cop. Nina Tucker says he used to be Becca's step-dad. "It took guts for her to say as much as she did." Tucker says she stood beside her little sister as the 10 year-old went into graphic detail in front of police, in front of doctors, just not in front of a jury. That's because Becca died in a car accident.

"If we can't use what she said, the case is over," said Steve Giardini who prosecutes child sex crimes for the Mobile County District Attorney's office. He says there will be a hearing to determine if what Becca said before her death can be used in a trial.

That hearing was supposed to be held on March 13th. It has been pushed back for a second time in order to accommodate cases where the victims are alive. Giardini says he wants to prosecute the case. Whether he can will be up to a judge." She's not here and her case might not be seen and if its not, I feel like I failed her."

Even though Becca's voice is silent, Jordan says she can still hear her. "We lay awake at night and toss and turn and we hear the things she said to us and her voice is in our ear."

The last thing Tucker says she wants is to fail a little girl whose smile lit up her life.
    *My comments are only my opinion, not fact. It is my commentary on the topic, and I'm exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Comments are NOT made with any malicious intent.

"Our 1st allegiance must always be to justice. Justice is often uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean we should turn our heads away. Justice is truth in action. Whatever it means and wherever it takes us. Justice is not a political game, it is a search for truth."

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/j...her/index.html

I signed this hope others will also!
    Help other children.............show we care!
    Justice for Becca
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Trial starts for Becca's case on Mar. 30th at 9am

Trial starts for Becca's case on Mar. 30th at 9am at Mobile, AL Court House.

Latest WKRG News Coverage on Becca's Case

WKRG Story

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:36:26 PM
    Subject: RE: REBECCA MCEVOYS PRETRAIL HEARING

Today was basically just a meeting to let the state’s witnesses (that’s Rebecca’s side) know what to expect during the trial.

We were right—the defense’s appeal went all the way to the Alabama Supreme Court, and it was rejected. However, to be clear-- the high court only upheld Judge Youngpeter’s ruling (which I believe means Nina, Rebecca’s friend, the doctor and the nurse will be the people allowed to testify). Rebecca’s statements she made prior to her death will not be allowed (per the original ruling).

Trial starts March 30th.

Child Rape Case Delayed until June 15 2009

Former Officer Accused Of Abuse Goes On Trial" on NBC15 Online

WKRG Child Rape Case Delayed

The trial of a former cop accused of raping his young step-daughter has been delayed until June 15.

http://peace4missing.ning.com/group/...ni-leading-the

I am GLAD the FEDS are investigating the da's office given all this apparent corruption. I would encourage others to write to the US Atty's or to the attorney general's office and tell them Mobile need's effective legal guarantees of personal-security.

I was shocked at what "Cowboy Bob" said in the papers today. He wouldn't care if Giardini had killed Christ, he'd still be his friend? That was a TELLING comment! Shame on them if this is true! I hope the Feds can bring justice back to Mobile. I'm also thankful for the good media coverage on subjects like this and Becca McEvoys case. TV media coverage has helped enhance the accountability of the judicial process.

With all the case tried in Mobile I can't believe the DOJ won't come take a look if we all start writing them. Go to www.DOJ.GOV or www.stopfamilyviolence.org/

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    FEDS: Giardini Documents To Remain Sealed

U.S. Magistrate Judge William Cassady has decided not to unseal documents in the Steve Giardini investigation today.

The decision was made late this afternoon.

According to Cassady's office, the documents could eventually be unsealed, but there is no word on when that will happen.

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/as...resigns/25121/

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    NAACP: John Tyson Should Resign

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/na..._resign/25140/

I hope all of this controversy does not cause problems with Becca's case.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
    http://peace4missing.ning.com/group/...ni-leading-the

I am GLAD the FEDS are investigating the da's office given all this apparent corruption. I would encourage others to write to the US Atty's or to the attorney general's office and tell them Mobile need's effective legal guarantees of personal-security.

I was shocked at what "Cowboy Bob" said in the papers today. He wouldn't care if Giardini had killed Christ, he'd still be his friend? That was a TELLING comment! Shame on them if this is true! I hope the Feds can bring justice back to Mobile. I'm also thankful for the good media coverage on subjects like this and Becca McEvoys case. TV media coverage has helped enhance the accountability of the judicial process.

With all the case tried in Mobile I can't believe the DOJ won't come take a look if we all start writing them. Go to www.DOJ.GOV or www.stopfamilyviolence.org/
    I stand with Cherry and urge everyone to write about this case. Write to the elected officials who have literally made fools of themselves, write about it on blogs and websites to bring awareness to the shameful antics of those in Mobile.

I hope that someone with a better understanding of sex crimes against children will be put into the position of prosecuting this case! Cherry, when you find out who it is, let's make sure there is no "dirt" on that person!

I can't help but be hopeful for Becca, God has His own perfect timing and I'm sure there is a reason for all of this. Goodness will always prevail~!

I'm hoping and investigation will save it!

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    NAACP: John Tyson Should Resign

http://www.wkrg.com/crime/article/na..._resign/25140/

I hope all of this controversy does not cause problems with Becca's case.
    From what I hear not too many child sexual abuse cases are sought in Mobile. Seems like too much sexual molestation by judges and DA's is interfering with justice. I hope they take a good look at this. Becca's case will have implications nationwide due to Crawford vs Washington.

Federal cases are different from State cases. They do assessments prior to any search warrant being sent and they don't mess around in court.

I urge you all to write and ask the legistlators to have the US Atty or Atty Gen to take over Becca's case.

You Won't Believe What's Happening in Becca's Case Now - SEX SCANDAL DA Resigns!

JurorThirteen Coverage of Becca Story

Scared Monkey's Coverage of Becca story

8th Delay in Case Justice Delayed is Justice Denied

FBI Investigates Sex Scandal of Lead DA In Becca Case

This is a big case with national implications and someone in the media should take a look. The defense is using Crawford VS Washington to try to get perp out of rape of step-daughter. He is a dangerous pedophile who's gotten away with it for more than 20 yrs. Comes from family of registered sex offender. Oddly there's a another little girl in the wings who has similar case.

Lot's of corruption and sexual criminal behavior coming out of the court in Mobile, AL.

Judge Thomas was bringing young boys into his cambers and sexually abusing in exchange for lessor sentencing. He has 57 counts against him last time I looked.

His lead prosecutor Giardini just had his home searched over weekend by FBI. It's rumored because of his soliciting young girl on internet, but hasn't been confirmed.

Giardini was Becca's DA. Her case has been a mess from day one, Robin Sax (NG) can tell you she' and Wendy Murphy (Fox) have spoken to Gairdini and even offered their help.

Becca's case would have probably gone the way most of the child abuse cases in Mobile have gone (no where) if it hadn't been for the attention Robin Sax, Susan Murphy-Milano (Justice Interrupted), Levi and Dana helped to give it. Also best local news coverage WKRG reporter Jessica Taloney.

Dana interviews WKRG Jessica Taloney on Becca, DA FBI Probe and Spanking Judge

Edited audio from Dana Pretzer's Show on *************Radio from 04/17/2009. Original Link

He interviews WKRG Reporter Jessica Taloney on how the ex-DA Giardini's resignation has effected Becca's case, the FBI probe and the related case of the infamous, "Spanking Judge" and his 57 counts of sexual misconduct.

www.divshare.com/download/7125140-91a

Ingle Trial Nearing End

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/...2010_12-13-pm/

MOBILE, Alabama - The prosecution and defense have rested in the case of a former Chickasaw Police Officer. Bob Ingle is accused of raping his step-daughter, Rebecca McEvoy.

McEvoy, who was ten years old when she told her best friend she had been abused by her stepfather, was killed in an unrelated car crash in January 2008. Since her death, Ingle's attorneys have fought to have the case dismissed based on what they say is his constitutional right to confront his accuser.

The trial, which has been delayed at least six times over the past two years, began with Assistant District Attorney Ella Byrd telling jurors they would hear the words of Rebecca through the testimony of her friend, her sister, a doctor and a nurse.

During his opening statement, defense attorney Michael Harbin repeatedly reminded jurors Ingle is presumed innocent. The soft-spoken attorney read his opening statement from behind a podium saying prosecutors have to prove their case with "hard, believable, credible evidence." "Don't convict on suspicion. Don't convict on emotion," said Harbin.

Circuit Court Judge Michael Youngpeter granted a motion to suppress testimony in the trial, not allowing testimony about what Rebecca said during the evidence gathering process. "This case is a little different than other cases like this," said Byrd, who told reporters outside the courtroom that the restrictions on the evidence made this case particularly challenging.

Everyone, except the attorneys, jurors and court staff, were asked to leave the courtroom during the testimony of Rebecca's young friend. Byrd told reporters the judge's decision to vacate the courtroom was based on the age of the witness.

The most emotional testimony of the day came from Rebecca's sister, Nina Tucker, who testified in December 2006 Rebecca also told her about the rape. Tucker, 25, said while Rebecca was riding with her in the car, Rebecca told her something bad had happened. Tucker testified Rebecca did not want to tell her exactly what happened because she didn't want to say a "bad word." Tucker testified she then gaver her sister a piece of paper and a pen and Rebecca agreed to write what happened. She wrote the word "sex," according to Tucker's testimony.

Tucker, who fought back tears throughout her testimony, said the next day she took Rebecca to USA Children's and Women's to be examined by a doctor and a nurse. At the hospital, Tucker says Rebecca was given a drawing of the human body, and she was asked to show the doctor where she was touched.

Byrd also asked Tucker about her relationship with a boyfriend she met on the Internet. Tucker testified she bought Daniel Watts, who lived in California, a plane ticket to fly to Alabama. Tucker acknowledged Watts had committed an "unregisterable sex offense" involving a 16 year old girl when he was 19, but she said Rebecca was never left alone with him.

Tucker, who mentioned during her testimony that she was also sexually abused as a child, answered questions about the abuse on cross-examination. Harbin asked Tucker if the abuse she suffered was similar to the abuse she alleges her sister endured. Tucker said it was not. Tucker testified there was not "penetration" in her own abuse.

Dr. James Hanley, the doctor who examined Rebecca, testified the child had "healing abrasions" in her private area. Dr. Hanley, who said DNA was not collected because Rebecca said the abuse happened more than 72 hours previously, testified the injuries were consistent with penetration and sexual abuse. On cross examination, Hanley acknowledged the injury could have been caused by an object, but he said it was not likely.

Rebecca's biological father, her mother and Sgt. Leroy Smith of the Saraland Police Department also took the stand Tuesday.

Before the trial began Tuesday, Bob Ingle, who faces life in prison if he's convicted, turned down a plea deal, but prosecutors would not disclose the terms of the deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast