638 users online (77 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Daycare Questioned Fifteen Bites On Baby

The Hansel and Gretel Daycare Center in Saint Cloud, Florida is being investigated after a one year old baby was found with fifteen bites on her face from another child. Where was everyone when a child bit a baby fifteen times?http://www.wftv.com/news/15872985/detail.html

What a precious little girl, in the photo you can clearly see one of the bite marks on her little cheek. Daycare phoned mother told her that another child had bitten her daughter 3 times, mother took baby to doctor where doctor found 15 different bite marks on face, arms and back. Daycare is saying several adults were present, (well they had to be in another room!) How come nobody heard this little girl crying? Child who did the biting is no longer allowed at daycare.

I can't believe adults were in the room when that beautiful baby girl was being bitten. My son was bitten ONCE by my nephew, and his screams were bloodcurdling. It HURTS to be bitten. This little one surely was screaming and crying and trying to get away from the other child.

There either weren't adults nearby or it was so noisy and chaotic in that room that one baby's screams didn't stand out. Either way, that's not a day care I'd send my pet rat to.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I can't believe adults were in the room when that beautiful baby girl was being bitten. My son was bitten ONCE by my nephew, and his screams were bloodcurdling. It HURTS to be bitten. This little one surely was screaming and crying and trying to get away from the other child.
    There either weren't adults nearby or it was so noisy and chaotic in that room that one baby's screams didn't stand out. Either way, that's not a day care I'd send my pet rat to.
    Trust me, I agree it hurts to be bitten!! When my granddaughter was 1 year old, she had 2 teeth on top & 2 on the bottom, (razor sharp I might add!) We were in Walmart, and I was carrying DG, well she put her little mouth up to my face, I thought she was going to give kisses, (how cute) well, she latched on to the cheek of my face, like a wolverine, no kidding, the pain was excruciating!
    I can't imagine why no one heard heard her screams, poor little baby

My son is a constant bite victim and my daughter sometimes. I suspect the same nasty kid keeps doing it and personally after seeing the damage these bites do I think biters need to be kicked out. My son got bitten on the back 2 weeks ago and still has a mark. it was a big mouth shaped scab for days. It is also disgusting and unsanitary.

Weren't Hansel and Gretel the kids who were loured into the gingerbread house after they tried eating it? Someone should tell these people that this kid isn't made of gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Weren't Hansel and Gretel the kids who were loured into the gingerbread house after they tried eating it? Someone should tell these people that this kid isn't made of gingerbread.

Why would you call a daycare center by that name? That is a creepy story!!!

This is so tragic. I wish more mothers could stay home with their kids.

The biters should be kicked out after the second offense and this "daycare" should be closed. I cannot imagine when this baby went through.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the irony, too, in the story didn't the old witch want to eat Hansel and Gretel? How weird is that!? What a name for a day care!

Eve

I have recently realized how nasty alot of old children's songs, stories and rhymes are. I was putting together some kids songs CD's for my nieces and nephews. And I came across that old song "Shortnin' Bread" and Oh lord, those lyrics are awful.

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/shortninbread.htm
    There is always HOPE!!!

I can relate to this story.. we removed little opme from a daycare where she he last straw was arriving at the daycare to find 5 bites.. 2 on heer back when the biter was supposedly being shadowed by a teacher full time... no amount of excuses or plans could sway us from placing in another daycare. The place where it happened is a very pricey and well reputed daycare.. in the long run we moved to a great daycare.. if it werent for the age limit I would still go there today.

trust me guys after working in a daycare for 3 years you see things that you just wouldnt beleive. And needless to say I will never trust one for my kids or grandkids

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Same here AmandaBrown. I didn't work in the daycare but worked close by and went there to nurse my baby daughter every time she woke up. I saw a lot because they forgot I was there. Needless to say, I ended up taking my daughter out and staying home with her and my subsequent children.

Bottom line is, no one will love your children like you do.

Because you're dumb as a box of rocks! There's just no other explanation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast