FL - Daycare Questioned Fifteen Bites On Baby

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
The Hansel and Gretel Daycare Center in Saint Cloud, Florida is being investigated after a one year old baby was found with fifteen bites on her face from another child. Where was everyone when a child bit a baby fifteen times?http://www.wftv.com/news/15872985/detail.html

What a precious little girl, in the photo you can clearly see one of the bite marks on her little cheek. Daycare phoned mother told her that another child had bitten her daughter 3 times, mother took baby to doctor where doctor found 15 different bite marks on face, arms and back. Daycare is saying several adults were present, (well they had to be in another room!) How come nobody heard this little girl crying? Child who did the biting is no longer allowed at daycare.

I can't believe adults were in the room when that beautiful baby girl was being bitten. My son was bitten ONCE by my nephew, and his screams were bloodcurdling. It HURTS to be bitten. This little one surely was screaming and crying and trying to get away from the other child.

There either weren't adults nearby or it was so noisy and chaotic in that room that one baby's screams didn't stand out. Either way, that's not a day care I'd send my pet rat to.

I can't believe adults were in the room when that beautiful baby girl was being bitten. My son was bitten ONCE by my nephew, and his screams were bloodcurdling. It HURTS to be bitten. This little one surely was screaming and crying and trying to get away from the other child.
There either weren't adults nearby or it was so noisy and chaotic in that room that one baby's screams didn't stand out. Either way, that's not a day care I'd send my pet rat to.

Trust me, I agree it hurts to be bitten!! When my granddaughter was 1 year old, she had 2 teeth on top & 2 on the bottom, (razor sharp I might add!) We were in Walmart, and I was carrying DG, well she put her little mouth up to my face, I thought she was going to give kisses, (how cute) well, she latched on to the cheek of my face, like a wolverine, no kidding, the pain was excruciating!
I can't imagine why no one heard heard her screams, poor little baby:(

My son is a constant bite victim and my daughter sometimes. I suspect the same nasty kid keeps doing it and personally after seeing the damage these bites do I think biters need to be kicked out. My son got bitten on the back 2 weeks ago and still has a mark. it was a big mouth shaped scab for days. It is also disgusting and unsanitary.

Weren't Hansel and Gretel the kids who were loured into the gingerbread house after they tried eating it? Someone should tell these people that this kid isn't made of gingerbread.

Why would you call a daycare center by that name? That is a creepy story!!!

This is so tragic. I wish more mothers could stay home with their kids.

The biters should be kicked out after the second offense and this "daycare" should be closed. I cannot imagine when this baby went through.

Why would you call a daycare center by that name? That is a creepy story!!!

I couldn't help but notice the irony, too, in the story didn't the old witch want to eat Hansel and Gretel? How weird is that!? What a name for a day care!

Eve

I can relate to this story.. we removed little opme from a daycare where she he last straw was arriving at the daycare to find 5 bites.. 2 on heer back when the biter was supposedly being shadowed by a teacher full time... no amount of excuses or plans could sway us from placing in another daycare. The place where it happened is a very pricey and well reputed daycare.. in the long run we moved to a great daycare.. if it werent for the age limit I would still go there today.

trust me guys after working in a daycare for 3 years you see things that you just wouldnt beleive. And needless to say I will never trust one for my kids or grandkids

Same here AmandaBrown. I didn't work in the daycare but worked close by and went there to nurse my baby daughter every time she woke up. I saw a lot because they forgot I was there. Needless to say, I ended up taking my daughter out and staying home with her and my subsequent children.

Bottom line is, no one will love your children like you do.

trust me guys after working in a daycare for 3 years you see things that you just wouldnt beleive. And needless to say I will never trust one for my kids or grandkids

For one afternoon, I used a day care center for my now 21 year old. When I picked him up, his "name tag" - a big piece of masking tape they had apparently put on his shirt or on the crib, was completely emeshed in his curly locks - to the point I had to cut it out. I said, "Why was a 9 month old able to get at this? He could have put it in his mouth and choked!"

Duh!

Oh, and that night, he started thorwing up and didn't stop for 24 hours.

Needless to say, he never went back to "Appletime!"

Eve

My son is a constant bite victim and my daughter sometimes. I suspect the same nasty kid keeps doing it and personally after seeing the damage these bites do I think biters need to be kicked out. My son got bitten on the back 2 weeks ago and still has a mark. it was a big mouth shaped scab for days. It is also disgusting and unsanitary.

Human bites can carry very dangerous bacteria and germs. They should be taken seriously by the daycare, and I agree with you that children who cannot be cured of the habit of biting others should be forced to leave the daycare.

My nephew, as I mentioned earlier, was a biter. My dear sis worked diligently with him to solve the behavior, but NOTHING helped. One day BIL came home from work, found out Nephew had bitten someone again, and BIL lost it. He grabbed Nephew, bit the crap out of his arm and informed him that Dear Old Daddy would be biting him for each and every time he heard of another instance. My nephew was under two years old at the time, and I cried buckets of tears because the "poor little baby won't understand why his daddy bit the crap out of him! He's surely so confused and upset!" But you know what? He NEVER bit again.

Can't say I recommend this approach, but it worked for the one compulsive biter I've known.

Human bites can carry very dangerous bacteria and germs. They should be taken seriously by the daycare, and I agree with you that children who cannot be cured of the habit of biting others should be forced to leave the daycare.

My nephew, as I mentioned earlier, was a biter. My dear sis worked diligently with him to solve the behavior, but NOTHING helped. One day BIL came home from work, found out Nephew had bitten someone again, and BIL lost it. He grabbed Nephew, bit the crap out of his arm and informed him that Dear Old Daddy would be biting him for each and every time he heard of another instance. My nephew was under two years old at the time, and I cried buckets of tears because the "poor little baby won't understand why his daddy bit the crap out of him! He's surely so confused and upset!" But you know what? He NEVER bit again.

Can't say I recommend this approach, but it worked for the one compulsive biter I've known.

Your story cracked me up. I have a 4 year old cat at home who was an orphaned kitten. Because he was orphaned, he has seperation anxiety, and when he feels I am not attentive enough, he bites me. Hard, but without breaking the skin. I tried EVERYTHING. I spanked his butt and told him No. I sprayed him with a water bottle. I even gave him time out. My vet told me to pull his lip down over his teeth and press down, not hard enough to puncture, but enough for him to feel that it hurts. Everything we did only made him more angry and he would bite more. I finally started biting him back, and it worked. (Thank god, cause the cat hair in my mouth was no fun at all, Yuck.)

Like you, I wouldn't recommend this method. But I think that with some children (and also animals) it works because you are really making them understand that it hurts, and that if you don't want to be bitten, you shouldn't bite others.

Also, you are correct about the germs in human bites. It is my understanding that cat bites, and human bites are the nastiest bites there are, there are so many germs that can be transferred. You are actually better off to be bitten by a dog.

My mother and her mother both recommended this approach and I confess :angel: I did it when my children bit me and it worked like a charm. I didn't bite "the crap out of them" or break the skin, but I bit hard enough that they felt it and gaped at me with shocked eyes. I said, "That's what it feels like!" They never bit again.

Eve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back