Television Star Exits Scientology

curious1

So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm
Reaction score
Tiny Tom is not gonna be happy about this....:snooty:

Television Star Exits Scientology
Ruggedly handsome actor Jason Beghe was best man at the wedding of "X Files" star David Duchovny (his childhood pal) and actress Tea Leoni. In 1998, he starred as Demi Moore’s love interest in "G.I. Jane." He’s been featured in numerous TV dramas such as "Criminal Minds," "Numb3rs" and "CSI."
In 2005, Beghe appeared in promotional spots for the Church of Scientology.
But now Beghe has escaped the church after taking courses since 1994. He’s made a video that’s up on YouTube.
This is what he has to say: "Scientology is destructive and a rip-off."
He also says: "It’s very, very dangerous for your spiritual, psychological, mental, emotional health and evolution. I think it stunts your evolution. If Scientology is real, then something’s f——ed up."

more at link.....http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351287,00.html

FINALLY! Someone with the cajones to speak out against this. :clap: When all you have are people saying glowing things about something then you have to know something is fishy.

They'll have him killed soon or he will disappear. Mark my works.

Very interesting, IMO. Will be interesting to see reactions. This guy wasn't just someone who tried Scientology, he had been 'in' for 14 yrs.

After 14 years and a tremendous amount of money, he’s seeing Scientology in a different light.
Beghe has completed so many courses that he’s considered a top Scientologist, or "OT 5" — similar to Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley. But Beghe reveals: "The further up the bridge, the worse you get."

This is great news! I'm so glad he was able to break away from this group. Their tactics going after former members is pretty brutal though ... I wouldn't be surprised if a whole campaign of outrageous stuff starts happening to him.

They'll have him killed soon or he will disappear. Mark my works.

Seriously? I know that this "cult" is pretty bad, but would they really go to that extreme?

At the very least I think his acting career is over.

Good for him for speaking out on this!

I am curious to know how he got out of it. Kudos to him for speaking out. But even listening to him speak of it and the terms they use, it sounds so completely far-fetched and off the wall, it sounds like a really bad space alien movie. How do people get sucked into that?

Man, Paladin - you're really afraid of those Scientologists!!!

LOL. I guess I should have included a smiley of some sort. I was being half-facetious. I think.

I just don't agree with the whole "donate lots and lots of money to us". But I guess if you're a scientologist you're free to do what you want with your money.

Then again, maybe they're aren't free...maybe it's required? I've read about the ridiculous amounts of money people like Isaac Hayes and the voice of Bart Simpson (Nancy something) have given them. 10s of millions of dollars. What do they do with this money?

Are they building a spacecraft?

.....What do they do with this money?

Are they building a spacecraft?

You know, that's the best theory I've heard so far on what they do with the money! For me, personally, I look at it more as a psychotherapy experiment than a religion - traditional talk/experiential therapy being the only other mode of self-improvement I know of where you pay to go and grow.

Scientology fascinates me in that "viewed-from-afar-organism-under-a-microscope-way."

On the other Scientology thread in the JR, I just posted about a friend of mine who went to the Scientologist-affiliated drug rehab called Narconon. She got screwed and screwed up but good.

What's sick is they take all this money, even from little people who can't afford it, not just movie stars. I knew this poor shmuck who was stuck in it and they had him signing over his paychecks and they would give him back an allowance to live on. It was CRAZY! Just watch, they will blackball Jason in Hollywood. His career is toast.

I read Dyanetics (sp?) years ago and thought it was pretty good. But all that other stuff L Ron did was just bizzare. I mean come on, how can any sane person fall for that? He was a science fiction writer and my best guess is there was not as much money in that as he wanted so he made up a religion. Part of it was probably for the money, part of it was probably a little social experiment to see just how far he could get people to follow him and once he realized just how much he could control people it turned into an ego trip and part of it was he was just plan nutz. :crazy:

What's sick is they take all this money, even from little people who can't afford it, not just movie stars. I knew this poor shmuck who was stuck in it and they had him signing over his paychecks and they would give him back an allowance to live on. It was CRAZY! Just watch, they will blackball Jason in Hollywood. His career is toast.

Maybe not, he has had a long successful career. Where they get people arethe ones just starting out in an acting career and say you screw us we screw your career. Now that he is established I don't think they can't hurt him as much. Anyway studio executives and the public will say okay, well he's a lot saner than Tiny Tom, so who would you rather have in your movies/shows? I admit I am going to be following this to see what happens. I am rooting for Jason.

I read Dyanetics (sp?) years ago and thought it was pretty good. But all that other stuff L Ron did was just bizzare. I mean come on, how can any sane person fall for that? He was a science fiction writer and my best guess is there was not as much money in that as he wanted so he made up a religion. Part of it was probably for the money, part of it was probably a little social experiment to see just how far he could get people to follow him and once he realized just how much he could control people it turned into an ego trip and part of it was he was just plan nutz. :crazy:

I too thought Dianetics was interesting. And frankly, I've never thought it any stranger for people to accept the space alien theory as a way to explain what the hell is happening here than for people to accept the stories handed out by other more mainstream religions. Most religion is, of course, founded on faith - the belief in strange and wonderful things that are unverifiable.

I too thought Dianetics was interesting. And frankly, I've never thought it any stranger for people to accept the space alien theory as a way to explain what the hell is happening here than for people to accept the stories handed out by other more mainstream religions. Most religion is, of course, founded on faith - the belief in strange and wonderful things that are unverifiable.

True, South. But most don't threaten and ruin you when you want to leave! And most don't require payment to "move up" the ranks. I sincerely hope this guy doesn't get blackballed. Aren't there enough Hollywood people in power who AREN'T into this that his career will be ok?

Eve

I am curious to know how he got out of it. Kudos to him for speaking out. But even listening to him speak of it and the terms they use, it sounds so completely far-fetched and off the wall, it sounds like a really bad space alien movie. How do people get sucked into that?

The founder, L. Ron Hubbard was a Sci-Fi writer who made the whole religion up, and people fell for it, hook, line, and sinker!:doh:

He was a science fiction writer and my best guess is there was not as much money in that as he wanted so he made up a religion. Part of it was probably for the money, part of it was probably a little social experiment to see just how far he could get people to follow him and once he realized just how much he could control people it turned into an ego trip and part of it was he was just plan nutz. :crazy:

Makes you wonder if people 2000 years ago thought the same thing about Christianity.

True, South. But most don't threaten and ruin you when you want to leave! And most don't require payment to "move up" the ranks. I sincerely hope this guy doesn't get blackballed. Aren't there enough Hollywood people in power who AREN'T into this that his career will be ok?

Eve

I hope he doesn't get blackballed either, but I suspect that he is prepared for any backlash. After all - he knows more about Scietology than any of us!

GO Jason Beghe! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i'm rootin' for ya babe! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy