OK OK - Sandy Pathresa Rea, 17, Shawnee, 19 Sept 1984

iNTERESTEDWOMAN

I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oi
Reaction score
I've done several searches, and it doesn't appear this girl is listed here at WS.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/81dfok.html

Sandy Pathresa Rea
Missing since September 19, 1984 from Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 25, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 111 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Rea has freckles; her right ear is smaller than her left ear. The tip of her right ear bends downward.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Rea was last seen in Shawnee, OK on September 19, 1984.
Rea had moved out of her mother's house at age 16, and was living with a girlfriend's family before her disappearance. She worked at local restaurants to pay her own bills while a student at Shawnee High School, where she was was serving as VICA president.
Rea walked to a convenience store at Highland and Bryan to get cigarettes the evening of September 19, 1984. Friends noticed her walking and picked her up before going to a Shawnee bowling alley. There, Rea asked her cousin, an employee there, to give her a ride to a party. He couldn't take her, but knew she made a phone call before leaving. Rea was never seen again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Shawnee Police Department
405-273-2121
405-273-0989

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
NCIC Number:
M-454475775
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Shawnee News-Star

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rea_sandy.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 19, 1984 from Shawnee, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: November 25, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'2, 111 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Rea has facial freckles. Her right ear is smaller than her left ear and the top of it turns downward. Rea was a cigarette smoker in 1984.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A jogging suit and thongs.

Details of Disappearance
Rea's mother divorced in the early 1980s. Her mother said that Rea took on additional responsibilities afterwards and was considered the 'second mother' in their household. Rea moved out of her family's residence in 1984 and stayed with a nearby girlfriend's family. Her mother said that Rea supported herself by working in local restaurants.
Rea served as president of the Vocational Industrial Club Of America (VICA) at her high school. Her mother said that Rea experimented with alcohol and marijuana at the time. She returned to her mother's home regularly to visit her younger siblings.
Rea planned to walk to a convenience store near Highland Street and Bryan Road to purchase cigarettes on September 19, 1984. A group of her friends passed and gave her a ride to a nearby bowling alley. Rea's cousin was employed at the establishment. He told authorities that she asked him for a ride, but he was unsble to leave work at the time. Rea's cousin said that she placed a telephone call from the alley shortly afterwards. She walked away from the business at approximately 6:00 p.m. Rea has never been heard from again.
Several investigators believed that Rea left of her own accord, but her mother disagrees with the theory. Rea's case remains classified as a Non-Family Abduction by the majority of agencies. Police are investigating the case as an endangered missing person.
Rea's mother visited a psychic after her daughter's disappearance. The psychic claimed that Rea's throat was slashed. She said that Rea's body was placed in an old water well within six miles of Shawnee. The psychic also claimed that the well was close to a cemetery. Rea's mother said that she has searched all of the places fitting the psychic's description, but no evidence connected to her daughter's case has been discovered.
Several possible witnesses in Rea's case have died in the years since her disappearance. There have been searches in various places for her body but no evidence was uncovered. Police continue to pursue her case but have not gotten any good leads in years. A detective investigating her disappearance believes Rea attended a party on the night she disappeared and that other guests at the party may know what happened to her. There is no evidence to support his theory. Rea's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Shawnee Police Department
405-273-2121

OR
405-273-0989

Source Information
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Shawnee News-Star
I Care -- Missing Persons Cold Cases
The Oklahoman

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 9, 2007; age-progression updated.

http://www.news-star.com/stories/021507/new_47712.shtml

Police seek tips in 1984 missing person case
Without a trace
By Kim Morava
Staff Writer

Detectives say they hope a new age-progression picture of a Shawnee teenager who went missing from Shawnee Bowl in 1984 may provide some fresh leads to help solve the mystery surrounding her disappearance. Sandy Pathresa Rea was last seen leaving the bowling alley on Sept. 19, 1984. The 17-year-old disappeared without a trace.
Today, Rea is, or would be, 40 years old.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children recently released a new age-progression photo of what Rea could look like today. This is the third time such a picture has been drawn in her case.
She reportedly walked to a convenience store at Highland and Bryan streets on the evening of Sept. 19, 1984. Friends noticed her walking and picked her up before going to the Shawnee bowling alley. There, Sandy asked her cousin for a ride to a party. He couldn't take her, so she made a phone call before leaving.
Sandy Rea never came home.

In the last 22 years, hundreds of people have been interviewed as part of the missing person case. Through the years, searches for Rea have included police digging up a basement under a Shawnee home. Detectives have even driven to Houston and as far away as Cincinnati to interview potential witnesses. Rea's mother, Carol Wells, who now lives in Oklahoma City, spent years conducting her own searches.
In the years since the initial investigation, witness statements indicate Rea was seen at parties after leaving the bowling alley that night, including a party at Shawnee Twin Lakes and another at a Shawnee motel. But no one seems to know what happened to her.
Shawnee Police Detective Greg Gibson took over the investigation in 1994. The case was cold and Gibson has had trouble with leads ever since. But even today, he's dedicated to solving the case; Rea's picture still hangs on his office wall.
There's hasn't been any new developments since the FBI called in 2005 with a possible discovery of her body. Police sent Rea's DNA sample from a sibling to the FBI to see if it matched a woman's body found in Arizona, but it didn't.

Gibson, now serving as the evidence officer, hopes police receive new leads to solve this mystery. It's been a case close to his heart.
"Before my time is up, I'd love to be able to solve this for the family," he said Wednesday while looking over the case file.
Rea's sister, Brandy Davis, was 9 years old when her sister vanished.
"The worst part of it all is how memories have faded," she said. "Somebody took her away from us."
And while Davis has a "sinking feeling" that her sister is no longer alive, she still holds on to hope, wondering if Rea could have hit her head, suffered amnesia and is now living happily somewhere raising her own children.
"You can't let go of hope," she said.
Davis said there's so much to share with her sister. Their father passed away a couple of years ago and Rea now has several nieces and nephews, including Davis' 6-year-old daughter who sees pictures of her "Aunt Sandy," but doesn't understand why she's missing.
"I'd love to know she's alive I'd love for her to meet my daughter," Davis said.
But if she isn't alive, Gibson said it would be nice for police and Rea's family to know where she is and for her to have a proper place of burial. He still thinks there's someone out there with information that can bring that closure.
"At some point, somebody's conscience will get them," Gibson said. "There's still somebody out there that ran with this group who knows something."
If anyone has information that can help police, Davis said she hopes they come forward. Many of the teens who Rea knew and partied with in 1984 probably have children of their own, she said, and those children could now be the same age Rea was at the time of her disappearance.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Gibson at 878-1639 or 273-0989.
"If we only get one call, it's one call we didn't have before," he said.
Editor's Note: A previous feature story printed on this unsolved case appeared in the News-Star on July 4, 2002. To read that complete archived story, go to: http://news-star.com/stories/070402/New_38.shtml
For more information on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, go to www.missingkids.com.
Kim Morava may be reached at 214-3962 or kimberly.morava@news-star.com.

I contacted the Shawnee, OK police department with the Dana point Jane Doe info. We'll see what happens.

I contacted the Shawnee, OK police department with the Dana point Jane Doe info. We'll see what happens.

Did you ever get any information back on this? I contacted the Doe Network on it and was told they saw it as an unlikely match. I am curious if the Shawnee police did look into it and officially rule it out though.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6559/10/
NamUs Profile:

Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

I don't see how any LE entity could rule out an UID to Sandy. I don't see where it is reported that anyone has her dental records, her DNA or fingerprints? I think it's ridiculous to just dismiss a possible match as "unlikely". Burns me up.

Sandy is still missing. This month will mark 26 years that she has been missing. Her family deserves answers.

Come home soon sweetie.

Attachments

• SRea.jpg
    SRea.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 250
A new article on Sandy's case -http://www.news-star.com/news/police_and_fire/x1814084260/28-years-missing-Family-of-Sandy-Rea-rally-to-solve-case

28 years missing: Family of Sandy Rea rally to solve case

By Kim Morava
kimberly.morava@news-star.com
Posted Jul 31, 2012 @ 08:54 PM

SHAWNEE, Okla. —

For 28 years, the disappearance of Shawnee teen Sandy Pathresa Rea has defined the daily life of her family, leaving them always wondering what happened to her and always searching for answers.
Rea was 17 when she went missing on Sept. 19, 1984. Different stories and theories about her disappearance have been abundant over the years, but in the past few months, family members have intently focused themselves on those stories while trying to ask questions and bring forth any new activity for the case.

If Sandy was extremely close to her younger siblings and was considered a "second mother" after her parents' divorce, it just strikes me as rather odd that she would have moved out of the family home. Was there something going on in the family that they haven't mentioned publicly?

Have the authorities considered doing a sonar check in the Shawnee Twin Lakes? If she was rumored to be at a party at the twin lakes the night of her disappearance, then she could have drowned in one of the lakes.

Recently featured by the NCMEC:

Name: Sandy Rea
DOB: 11/25/66
Sex: Female
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5 ft 2 in
weight: 111 pounds
Missing since 9/19/84
Age when missing: 17 years

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.231428810336027.1073741827.185590464919862&type=1

Someone on facebook claims they saw Sandy at the Quick Stop on Highland and Bryan at around 10pm. This evidence does remain consistent with the case since 1) it is 2 hours after she left Shawnee Bowl and 2) the intersection is about 1.2 miles from Shawnee bowl. The walk would have taken approximately 25 minutes (according to goggle maps).

If this comment were to be true (IMO it is), this would further justify that theory that she was seen at a party later that night. I'm guessing that someone picked her up at the Kwick stop to give her a ride to the party.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/Jan111985.pdf

I thought this was an interesting article. This was released back in 1985, a few months after Sandy's disappearance. It seems like more information was presented after this article. The article seems to think that she accepted a ride from a stranger, but I have my doubts. The area she was in did not have a lot of major highways near so I can't see her getting picked up by a stranger. Based on what I have seen so far, I think something happened at a party that night. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back