PA - Matthew Booth, 34, shot to death, Elizabeth Twp, 30 July 2007

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350129,00.html

PITTSBURGH — A 14-year-old girl acknowledged killing her father with a 12-gauge shotgun blast to the face to end years of sexual abuse and could be on juvenile probation until she turns 21, her attorney said Thursday.
Defense attorney Patrick Nightingale said the girl accepted an offer from the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office to be adjudicated delinquent, the juvenile court equivalent of a guilty plea. She was placed on probation on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, the least serious grade of homicide in Pennsylvania, the attorney said.
"I think the DA's office has been consistently very enlightened in its approach because they know my client suffered significant trauma at the hands of her father," Nightingale said. "And I'm very happy on behalf of my client that we won't have to live through that trauma again in a trial setting."
The girl was 13 when she shot Matthew Booth Sr., 34, on July 30 in the squalid home they shared in Elizabeth Township, a rural suburb about 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. Nightingale and the girl told authorities Booth had abused her since she was about 7.

Quite truthfully I am glad she got only probation given what she says is true and I do believe it is true. The house was totally disgusting and she had no one to help her. I think there was a thread on this when it happened but I cannnn't find it right now.

Quite truthfully I am glad she got only probation given what she says is true and I do believe it is true. The house was totally disgusting and she had no one to help her. I think there was a thread on this when it happened but I cannnn't find it right now.

This is local for me. I've followed the case since the beginning and I agree with you. I saw the pictures and video of the house. Pray that she gets some counseling and is able to salvage something from her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back