1135 users online (225 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Teen leads boozed-up youths on a town centre rampage

This story really frightens me. what is to become of society?

A teenager led an army of 50 boozed-up youths on a town centre rampage before cornering a lone police officer and threatening to kill him, it was revealed today.

A youth court heard how the boy – a gang “boss” – brought together the group of teenagers at a McDonald's restaurant in Eastbourne after a massive drinking session before running riot through the seaside town.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Is Britain's problem with unruly youths growing out of control? We keep hearing stories of this mob behavior of youths beating people, killing them, etc. They should have locked up the ringleader on this one. If kids think they'll just get a slap on the wrist, they'll just keep repeating the same behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Is Britain's problem with unruly youths growing out of control? We keep hearing stories of this mob behavior of youths beating people, killing them, etc. They should have locked up the ringleader on this one. If kids think they'll just get a slap on the wrist, they'll just keep repeating the same behavior.
    Yes to everything you say: it IS out of control!

Some tabloid newspapers would have us believe there is a crackdown on '****s' in what they dub 'Broken Britain'. Hopefully they are right and these delinquents will be dealt with swiftly and sharply.
    Above is my opinion only

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    This story really frightens me. what is to become of society?

A teenager led an army of 50 boozed-up youths on a town centre rampage before cornering a lone police officer and threatening to kill him, it was revealed today.

A youth court heard how the boy – a gang “boss” – brought together the group of teenagers at a McDonald's restaurant in Eastbourne after a massive drinking session before running riot through the seaside town.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
    This is what happens when parents don't discipline their kids and teach them personal responsiblity. We have a generation of kids who have been raised in a society where they won't test them because it's not fair to to give out grades and make someone feel bad for getting a failing grade, they won't keep scores at little league games because it's not fair to the loosing team. They think they are special and the world owes them something. How's that coddling and supposedly compassionate parenting working out for us so far? Not so well I think. It is not compassionate or fair to not teach a child there are rules and consequences for breaking those rules and also sometimes you may try your best and still fail, but you can still learn something from the experience and grow as a human being. They are just not taught that these days. So when something does not go the way they want it to go they don't know how to cope with it and they become fearful and angry.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    This is what happens when parents don't discipline their kids and teach them personal responsiblity. We have a generation of kids who have been raised in a society where they won't test them because it's not fair to to give out grades and make someone feel bad for getting a failing grade, they won't keep scores at little league games because it's not fair to the loosing team. They think they are special and the world owes them something. How's that coddling and supposedly compassionate parenting working out for us so far? Not so well I think. It is not compassionate or fair to not teach a child there are rules and consequences for breaking those rules and also sometimes you may try your best and still fail, but you can still learn something from the experience and grow as a human being. They are just not taught that these days. So when something does not go the way they want it to go they don't know how to cope with it and they become fearful and angry.
    I couldn't agree more! Nobody wants to teach their little angels about disappointment.....they think it's better to avoid it altogether and we end up with kids leaving school / college having no idea how to handle ANYTHING remotely negative and pitching a fit at every opportunity...sometimes criminally....and sometimes just enough to render only themselves emotionally stunted.

I think healthy competition should be encouraged in young people. We should teach them how to lose gracefully, which can only be accomplished if the child knows how to handle disappointment, and win gracefully, which can only be accomplished if the child has experienced a (small) 'failure' of some description.
    Above is my opinion only