GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

Pepper

Former Member
Reaction score
Geragos is the defense attorney. Cameron Brown stands accused of throwing his 4 yr. old daughter off Inspiration Point in order to avoid paying child support.

News coverage can often be found at www.dailybreeze.com written by Denise Nix. Also radio coverage can be found at KFI radio 3pm to 6 pm, but usually weekdays at 4:00.

Is Geragos going to lose this case too?

Oh, thank you so much for getting this trial thread!

nanandjim said:
I'm confused. Wasn't this guy already found guilty of murdering his daughter??

Hi Nan!

The trial is still going on. I believe the prosecution has rested. As usual, Geragos is dragging it on longer than anticipated. The trial was supposed to be over by the middle of July, but Geragos' delay tactics have pushed it to middle of August. Now many of the jurors may not be able to stay until it is over, so a mis-trial might happen.

Pepper said:
Hi Nan!

The trial is still going on. I believe the prosecution has rested. As usual, Geragos is dragging it on longer than anticipated. The trial was supposed to be over by the middle of July, but Geragos' delay tactics have pushed it to middle of August. Now many of the jurors may not be able to stay until it is over, so a mis-trial might happen.

Hopefully those jurors can hang in there. Can you imagine? - This is in the summer and most of them probably have vacation plans and Geragos drags it out into August??

I hope there is no mistrial because of this - mainly because Geragos will consider it a win, walk away and let someone else do the 2nd. I wonder how much money he got for this.

Geragos is sure keeping a low profile on this case - can you imagine if he gets an acquittal? :eek: I don't think that's gonna happen though.

Pepper said:
Hi Nan!

Thank you, Pepper. :blowkiss: I really thought that I read that he had been found guilty. I may be losing my mind, though. :crazy:

Thanks Nan for starting this thread... I'll be back during the week and check out what's happening! I've been following this a bit from that daily breeze site, as it seems that's the ONLY information source!

dottierainbow said:
There's not alot to find on this case? Why is that? What I do find comes out no longer available.
Amy

The mainstream media didn't pick it up and I think it's partly because Geragos doesn't want us to!:crazy: I think he's laying low until he ever gets a win after being disgraced on the Peterson case.

Pepper said:
Geragos is the defense attorney. Cameron Brown stands accused of throwing his 4 yr. old daughter off Inspiration Point in order to avoid paying child support.

News coverage can often be found at www.dailybreeze.com written by Denise Nix. Also radio coverage can be found at KFI radio 3pm to 6 pm, but usually weekdays at 4:00.

Is Geragos going to lose this case too?

Pepper, thanks for starting some discussion about CB and darling little Lauren. This case is a real heart breaker. Poor baby Lauren.

I have been trying to follow the case, but have missed some of the articles due to company.

One thing which was very incriminating to CB, in comparison to what he stated to LE, about Lauren wanting to make the treck up Inspiration Point and he had to keep up with her, welllll there were two witnesses who testified to observing them on that fateful day, and CB was leading the way and little Lauren was having a difficult time keeping up with him!!!!! Of course MG tried to discredit one of the two witnesses by accusing him of being there to watch the people at the nude beach :doh: leave it to Markie!

Reading the articles in the DailyBreeze, one has to keep up with them as they archive everything quicker than anything!

Oh and one other thing I can remember, CB removed his clothes before jumping into the water to get Lauren, when asked why, he stated that is what he had observed when watching Bay Watch! :doh:

Now really, if one of my daughters were in trouble, doubt I would take the time to disrobe. NEVER, get in there and rescue, right?

Expert for the state, stated the injuries on Lauren's body were not consistent with tripping and slipping off the cliff. If she had, there would have been scrapes and injures from trying to keep from falling. There were none of the kind expected if she would've slipped.

I saw the pictures of Lauren's 4th birthday party with CB on another thread. To me, there was something about there being so many pictures of Lauren with CB. Why so many? Was he planning to use these pictures to show he was the doting father? Out of all of the birthday pictures we have taken, there have never ever been so many of our daughters with their father. Struck me as rather odd!

Some of the articles are still available.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=cameron+brown+lauren&btnG=Search+News

Anyhoo, I don't think it is looking very good for CB, but who knows. One thing, the judge asked MG to stop yelling at him every time he didn't agree with his decisions :D ha ha Guess he doesn't have the judge in his back pocket. I wasn't aware there was a problem with the jury and the length of the trial. Yeah, maybe he knows he is going to lose and he is doing his best to prolong the proceedings. I have more catching up to do thats for sure.

Thanks again Pepper! I am looking forward to hearing what others have to say. :)

John & Ken at KFI radio usually report on the trial at 4:00 pm PDT. You can listen to the station live here: http://2005.kfi640.com/pages/streaming.html
Click where is says "Click here.........."

The John & Ken show starts at 3 pm PDT, but the part covering the trial usually begins in the 4:00 segment. But there may be news reports going on periodically. If you've never listed to John & Ken, they are a hoot.

Elliemae said:
I'm sure she's planning on writing another blook. :doh:

:crazy:
Since there is so little public information on this case, this blog could be one resource - but post there at your own risk. :croc: especially if you dare disagree with the common opinion.

Pepper said:
The more I read about that "thing" -- Geragos, the more I want to sic Lorena Bobbit on him. He is an azzhat extraordinaire! I hope he loses, and continues to lose his cases, and with it, any and all legal credibility and becomes a laughing stock. Could you imagine the jokes? "Geragos? He can't get anyone off! I bet he couldn't get a cheap hooker off!"

Of course, this is all JMO, but can I get a shout out from all y'all that think Marky has GOT TO GO!!!!!!!

Hez said:
Just so everyone is aware, the above blog is run by the Misfit herself, Loretta Serrano.
Thank you for pointing that out. She has a history of tracking ips and stalking those who disagree with her. Enter at your own risk! (Or download an anonymizer for your protection.)

Anita Richman said:
Thank you for pointing that out. She has a history of tracking ips and stalking those who disagree with her. Enter at your own risk! (Or download an anonymizer for your protection.)

LOL Anita, not going to post anywhere near thar! Who needs it? :banghead: Word gets around!

Not being from the CA area, I had no idea what the landscape of Inspiration Point entailed, YIKES take a look! Absolutely not a place to take a small child unless harnessed and strapped in a parchute. What a hike that would have been, too much for me (I hate heights) and far too dangerous for children, especially without constant supervision.

How sad when I think of Lauren being there that day, and the evilness of her father, whether he had planned her demise or just being an a$$hole, however from what I have read about him, I'm leaning toward the former. Actually more than leaning.

Inspiration Point, Portuguese Bend, Rancho Palos Verdes

http://www.californiacoastline.org/...e=200406337&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=2004

Thanks for the images, La Mer. Such a tragedy! :( I actually got sick over the testimony that her little wrist was broken as she tried to break her fall. I don't care who you are or on what side of "guilt" you are on in this case...that was truly one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever heard.

God bless the little angel, Lauren.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back