Colorado Wildfires Kill 3, Force Evacuation of 1,100

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ORDWAY, Colo. — Wildfires in warm, windy weather burned into a southeast Colorado town and on an Army post Tuesday, killing a firefighting pilot and two others.

All 1,100 residents of the town of Ordway were told to leave, authorities said. Crowley County sheriff's deputy Bill Hamilton said late Tuesday he didn't immediately have details on the two deaths.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351404,00.html

Thinking of our Colorado members! Be safe!

This is terrible. The weather has been so violent for the past several months.

Wildfires are just so devastating. I just am dreading fire season here.
I hope this is contained timely and no more lives are lost.

Me too JBean. I can't imagine what those folks are going through but it must be scary and devasting.

Me too JBean. I can't imagine what those folks are going through but it must be scary and devasting.
It is horrible. I have been through many a fire season here and it is just awful.

Thanks, guys. I know someone in Ordway. I worked with her when I first came here. She moved back there as it's her home town. I also know someone in Ellicott. Very close friends. They're alright for now.

A couple of weeks ago, we had nothing better to do after driving our horses on a Sunday afternoon, and got in the truck, thinking a fire we could see was fairly close. It was all the way northeast about 20 miles. Turns out it was a trash fire that got out of hand. Same as the one in Ordway. If the wind had been stronger, it would have done some extreme damage as it was near a state recreation park, loaded with unique wildlife. Ordway is about 100 miles or so southeast of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back