791 users online (145 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Amber Ramsey, 21, Trenton, 29 December 2005

He should be fired. This is unnacceptable.
    Those poor parents, waiting all this time, possibly with some small sliver of hope that their daughter was still alive.

TRENTON, N.J. Authorities are disciplining a Trenton police detective who waited more than two years to tell the family of a missing woman that she was dead.
    Detective Edgar Rios is charged with 28 departmental violations and has been removed from the homicide unit.
    The city's Officer of the Year for 2007 has said he waited to disclose Amber Ramsey's death because he wanted to make sure forensic evidence checked out. But Police Director Joseph Santiago says there's no evidence that was the case.
    Rios' administrative charges include failure to follow leads and failure to document his work. Two of his supervisors, including his brother, have also been transferred.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351446,00.html

Totally unacceptable! I wonder what the true reason was for not telling the parents? Is he just lazy?

I still don't understand WHY he would do this. His excuse just doesn't make sense to me.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Unbelievable!
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Did he have something to do with it?

Ramsey was reported missing in February 2006 and her body was found, along with a coat that contained ID, seven months later.

Her parents were not notified until last month. She apparently died of a drug overdose.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351446,00.html

This is why I argue so often about LE playing it too close to the vest and want families to question LE at every turn. Often no one sees their mistakes and this is a rare case where they did figure it out that he dropped the ball entirely.

What he did is unforgivable when her ID was found on her body! I think the family should sue the hell out of the department and him personally for what they had to endure for so long.

RIP Amber Ramsey
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Did he have something to do with it?

good point.

While I doubt it...you never know. I hope they get to the bottom of this case now that he is gone.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

They said he was in trouble also for not following up leads....LEADS!!! Her F***ing ID was in her pocket! Do they need LEADS to tell her parents she's been found?? NO! unless the parents are suspects...which they apparently were not. This guy was probably just lazy, sloppy, and didn't giva a d*mn.

I would be highly suspicious of an officer that didn't follow up on a case like this! Either he's involved or knows someone that is involved. If he's a bad cop, someone could be using this as blackmail.

I would think most detectives don't like cold cases hanging around their necks.

Kind of shoddy police work for the "Officer of the Year for 2007"!

Why was this officer transfered and not fired. This has to be the most inexplicable story of 2008.

This is just my opinion and while wanting to focus on Amber's accomplishments in her life I'd like to say why I think this cop just went about his business while a young lady lay in the morgue. BTW, the ME urged this cop to call the family. The ME is not allowed to do that as it's LE that must notify the next of kin. I think to this cop this girl was just another dead junkie. Not all LE, but many have no empathy for addicts at all. To many cops that's a weakness you should control and if you're an addict you're a scum bag. There was a guy who OD'd in Philly and they found him in a lot. No ID, but many tattoo's and his family and friends contacted LE over and over again and his body just lay in the ME's office as well. In so many instances when you wind up on the street LE counts on you having exhausted your support system of family and friends. Again this isn't all LE, but they get that attitude you died of your own weakness and probably have nobody on earth cares about you. Unfortunately this happens far, far too often. Again this is just my opinion and that label "junkie" I used as how alot of LE peg another human being when in fact the label is daughter, sister, aunt and beloved friend. May Amber rest in peace now that's she free of her pain of this world. She was a stellar human being, bright and beautiful and the world is less bright without her.

Filly, I just keep wondering if the roles were reversed and it was this officer's daughter that had died and no one bothered to inform him for two years.

She and her family just deserved so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    Filly, I just keep wondering if the roles were reversed and it was this officer's daughter that had died and no one bothered to inform him for two years.

She and her family just deserved so much better.
    Honestly, GM I've seen the children of LE who are addicts get treated pretty severely from family. Again it's just my opinion and I do think there's progress being made, but cops they just don't like addicts, period. They have that "once a junkie always a junkie" mantra in their head. It's astounding just how many children of LE are addicts. Again I've seen more compassion than the old days, but I've seen children of LE banished because of addiction in a LE family. Amber was a beautiful, and intelligent girl. She has family that cares and that cop should be fired. I feel for those as well that didn't have a loving family and someone who cares anymore that live alone and die alone. If anything it's a lesson in showing heroin doesn't discriminate. They did deserve better Golf Mom. They certainly did as Amber did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast