731 users online (90 members and 641 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Man Grows Bark Like a Tree

There was a documentary, about him and his condition -- as well as others who suffer with this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    There was a documentary, about him and his condition -- as well as others who suffer with this as well.
    I've never seen anything so crazy. He had to quit has job and join a freak show to make $$$$$.

Oh wow.....this must be so difficult to live with. Amazing. I know, not very profound on my part but I've never heard of this and I'm just..speechless.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I've never seen anything so crazy. He had to quit has job and join a freak show to make $$$$$.
    On the show I watched, he was really close friends with the other freaks. But, they demanded that he perform at one point rather than get treatment. Although, it was explained that all the families involved need the money they make from those shows. The other performers also had extreme deformities.

What a strange form of warts. I can't even imagine.
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

He had/has HPV which is contagious and it's curious that no one else living in close quarters with him contracted it.
    If he does find someone to marry him I hope they get the vaccine if he is still harboring the virus.

GROSS!

Update on his condition after surgery: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...6/wtree116.xml

FYI from that link: His wife of ten years left him as it became impossible for him to support her and their two children. Late last year, however, Dede's plight was highlighted in a Discovery Channel documentary.

Dede's problem was that he has an extremely rare immune system deficiency, leaving his body unable to contain the warts.

Before surgery:

I feel compassion for Dede, and I hope that with surgery he can live as normal a life as possible. He seems to have a good attitude, he has tried to do the best he could despite his condition. I wish him the best.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by panglossian View Post
    He had/has HPV which is contagious and it's curious that no one else living in close quarters with him contracted it.
    If he does find someone to marry him I hope they get the vaccine if he is still harboring the virus.
    Which may or may not work, if it covers his strain of HPV and even then, it's not 100%.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    Which may or may not work, if it covers his strain of HPV and even then, it's not 100%.
    The real problem is that he has an extremely rare immune system deficiency. That's why the warts run rampant.

OMG Even after the surgery pics ..are horrid! That's supposed to be a foot and hand? He can wear sandles??? He's ecstatic? I feel so sorry for him...........good grief!

I sincerely hope he meets a wonderful girl who can see past his deformities and make him truly happy!

Awwww, this poor guy. I hate reading this kind of stuff because then I feel so guilty for the little crap I complain about. How dare I?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast