766 users online (176 members and 590 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Father of two dies after sliding off escalator railing

Father of two dies after sliding off escalator railing

A Mets fan leaving the game last night lost his balance while descending an escalator at Shea Stadium and plummeted two stories to his death - as his two young daughters watched in horror, authorities said.

Antonio Narainasami, 36, of Brooklyn, was with several other relatives on a family outing, when the tragedy took place around 10 p.m. in Section A near left field.

{snip}

"We saw his whole body go over the side. There's no explanation for what happened there. It's like a nightmare."

But one police source said authorities are looking into the possibility the victim may have been sliding on the rubber railing.

More at link

Oh how awful. What a sin his little girls were there. I wonder why the escelator was turned off?

How terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    How terrible!
    Phillies play the Mets tonight and we're going to the game. I won't be able to stop thinking about this poor family.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Phillies play the Mets tonight and we're going to the game. I won't be able to stop thinking about this poor family.
    Oh I bet. Prayers to the Family.

So sad:

At home was the fan's wife, who is pregnant with their third child.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    So sad:

At home was the fan's wife, who is pregnant with their third child.
    Awww, that is so sad.

Oh, those poor little girls and his wife. I hope the memories of being with their dad will help them forget his last moment.

They turn off the escalators at our ballpark at the end of the game. Everyone walks down a cement ramp. They have security by the escalator so nobody tries to walk down it. With all the inebriated fans we saw at the last game that might be a good idea.

I heard this on the radio yesterday morning. It's a sad situation.

I'm honestly surprised things like this don't happen more often, considering the number of drunks at ballgames. We make the mistake of going once during Frat Night. I was the same age as most of the frat boys and I was still miserable.

I don't understand why they think he was sliding down the escalator railing. The article states his little girls watched in horror as he fell.....would he have slid down the railing and left his little girls behind?

The radio program today said he was "sitting" on the railing of the escalator and fell off. This guy was really stupid if he did that. I have seen many many people riding an escalator like that at malls and stadiums, I am surprised not more have died from falling.

If he was "joy riding" as the lady on the radio said, then he is responsible for his own death.

Quote Originally Posted by pixies View Post
    The radio program today said he was "sitting" on the railing of the escalator and fell off. This guy was really stupid if he did that. I have seen many many people riding an escalator like that at malls and stadiums, I am surprised not more have died from falling.

If he was "joy riding" as the lady on the radio said, then he is responsible for his own death.
    I find your post very harsh, pixies. This is a young man who has just died
    and left a wife, children, family, and friends. We do not know if he was riding the railing, and even if he did, there is not call to label him "responsible for his own death". Please consider that people who loved this man may be exposed to your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    I find your post very harsh, pixies. This is a young man who has just died
    and left a wife, children, family, and friends. We do not know if he was riding the railing, and even if he did, there is not call to label him "responsible for his own death". Please consider that people who loved this man may be exposed to your comments.
    if as she said if he was riding the rail he is responsible for his own death. i would feel bad if his family read these word and it added to their grief. i hope anyone thinking of doing something like this reads these words and changes their minds.

last year i attended a funeral for a 18 year old boy killed while car surfing. after his funeral his mother begged the teens to spread the word about how a few minutes of stupid fun cost her son his life.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    if as she said if he was riding the rail he is responsible for his own death. i would feel bad if his family read these word and it added to their grief. i hope anyone thinking of doing something like this reads these words and changes their minds.

last year i attended a funeral for a 18 year old boy killed while car surfing. after his funeral his mother begged the teens to spread the word about how a few minutes of stupid fun cost her son his life.
    Let's wait until all the facts are verified, just in case.

I knew someone who did the very same thing after a game and also died as a result. I can't speak for the father of 2, but in my friend's case it was a very bad error in judgment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast