GA - Carmine Baffa Arrested For Raping Two Teen Girls, 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Carmine Baffa is a real charmer. The supposed hypnotist who ran "Life Imporvement" seminars has been accused of using his motivational self to rape two teen girls who were sent to him by licensed psychotherapists. So, these poor kids needed help and they get raped by this creep face. Baffa is fifty-seven years old and described as one very charismatic man. Yeah, I hope he's charismatic in jail right now.http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/04/16/baffa_0417.html

Oooohhh, 57 yrs old. How many others have been touched by this man? :(

Obviously the adults had no problems with it.... ''The adults at the time said they knew what was going on, but were convinced that it would help their treatment," Spellman said. (disgusting)

I forgot -- have y'all seen his photo? Bug-eyed, big-toothed, weirdly young-looking. I would have found the guy scary, personally.

Steve

I've done a pretty thorough blog post about Mr. Baffa. Not as thorough as I'd like, but I'm not feeling well:

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/2008/04/fall-of-carmine-baffa.html

I did manage to include his mugshot -- infinitely more creepy than the photo that's out there now -- and a short video promoting Baffa as a seminar leader. The video is pretty incoherent, btw.

Steve

When I lived in Salt Lake, I had a friend who's father was a local comedic-hypnotist. He had weekly shows at an old Theater on State Street. We went all the time and I had numerous friends who went up on stage. It was always a good time. I went up on stage once, and I felt him put me under, but I kept coming back out of it, so he sent me offstage. It was kinda a weird experience.

But the stuff he had my friends doing was hilarious. Anyway, the reason I bring this up, is my friend (the hypnotists son) HATED hypnotism and would never talk about it. I got the feeling he felt aspects of it were evil or wrong.

I'm sure there are many different opinions on whether it even works. But I think it's different for alot of people. Personally, I seem to have issues with the thought of being hypnotised, and that makes me unsusceptible, but I definitely felt him put me under at the show.

I feel really bad for these girls. They obviously needed some help to begin with, and instead they got abused. It's awful. :mad:

Baffa has his fans, is my bet. Read a comment someone left on my blog entry about Baffa:
based on that way you wrote about carmine baffa, seems like you know quite a bit about nlp. sure carmine broke the law by having sex with a 13-year old but your writing is not exactly unbiased base on taking very limited snapshots of his writings. what is your agenda here? were you a student of carmine and thought that he harmed you so you are presenting a rather tinted perspective? seems like you are putting quite a bit energy to demonize this person. i wonder why you are doing that? there are many other rapists in GA. you have not dedidated your time with them but you are with carmine.
I added emphasis to the part of the comment that made think, WTF? The person was basically saying, 'he only had sex with a 13-year-old, why are you picking on him?'

I only called them out as a troll, but I was think they were a family member, friend, or devotee of Baffa's. Or just a sex offender who likes to self-justify.

Steve

He looks to me like he's had his face broken by fists, and his nose broken and not properly set as well. (I've seen a battered woman whose husband broke her face, cheekbones, nose etc. She looked something like he does.) ETA: Except the woman didn't get medical care for her broken face in time I think she said. She looked something like a cracked and badly glued porcelain doll, you could see where the lines/breaks were. She's lucky she got away alive.

Ok, now after seeing a bit (couldn't stand to watch 'em all, might later) of both YouTube clips, I have to say, this guy is *BATSHIT*! Round the bend, loop de loop, cracked, nutso.

Baffa has his fans, is my bet. Read a comment someone left on my blog entry about Baffa:
based on that way you wrote about carmine baffa, seems like you know quite a bit about nlp. sure carmine broke the law by having sex with a 13-year old but your writing is not exactly unbiased base on taking very limited snapshots of his writings. what is your agenda here? were you a student of carmine and thought that he harmed you so you are presenting a rather tinted perspective? seems like you are putting quite a bit energy to demonize this person. i wonder why you are doing that? there are many other rapists in GA. you have not dedidated your time with them but you are with carmine.​
I added emphasis to the part of the comment that made think, WTF? The person was basically saying, 'he only had sex with a 13-year-old, why are you picking on him?'

I only called them out as a troll, but I was think they were a family member, friend, or devotee of Baffa's. Or just a sex offender who likes to self-justify.

Steve

Well Steve, take some small solace in that if you read their post (I enlarged and bolded above) they actually do refer to him as a rapist.

I agree, I think this freakshow comes with a mega bucket of kool-aid

Sadly, cases like Bafa's sexual abuse of his clients, is simply not new. That he was also involved in the quack science, NLP, is not at all surprising either. That is, imnsho. Unfortunately, quack science and egregiously abusive practitioners seem to go hand-in-hand. Whether it falls under the rubric of NLP, EMDR, RMT, rebirthing (aka holding therapy), or what have you. That is, from what I've seen wrt the various court cases that I have researched over the past decade—of which btw, over 50% of those cases involved various forms of sexual abuse of the clients under hypnosis. In any event, I do hope they also charge the adults who knew what he was doing and did nothing. Imho, it's time we (as a society) start holding those who also play a part in the abuse, accountable.

Comments are offline on that entry now? Uh oh...gotta preserve one or two of 'em?!

Oh, there's just some trolls lurking around that entry. If the comments seem to disappear, it just means I am not at the computer. I'm not in the mood for nastygrams in general right now, and if I'm going to get them, I'd rather control when they arrive.

Oh, there's just some trolls lurking around that entry. If the comments seem to disappear, it just means I am not at the computer. I'm not in the mood for nastygrams in general right now, and if I'm going to get them, I'd rather control when they arrive.

Ahhhh, I see. *comfort* Wish I could sic Oscar on 'em. He'd wrassle 'em to death. He's the big grey fellow, he's the size of a toddler. Not kidding. The hand is mine, and it is about 6 1/4 inches long from palm to middle finger tip. ETA: That robe-covered chair is 18 inches from side to side. ETA2: Oscar loves to chase pests. Bugs, mice, little ankle biting dogs...Great Danes, Pit Bulls, humans he thinks are shadey, etc. He's sweet, and loving to almost everyone but dogs. He even tries to be gentle to crickets so he can play "chase" with them longer. I'm thinking net trolls sorta smell like dogs, so siccing Oscar on 'em would work. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back