723 users online (100 members and 623 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567

    Mysterious Lights, Boom Befuddle Residents, Authorities

    I did a search and did not see this posted.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15907638/detail.html

    Anyone live in the area where this happened?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,237
    Maybe Planet X has arrived.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    406

    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Maybe Planet X has arrived.
    Bwahahaha!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567

    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Maybe Planet X has arrived.
    I believe I would be like little...the sky is falling

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    I did a search and did not see this posted.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15907638/detail.html

    Anyone live in the area where this happened?

    It sounds like meteorites to me. They burn as they pass through the atmosphere, so they light up. If they hit the ground, I imagine they'd make a loud noise and vibrate the earth if they were large enough. I wonder if they'll find evidence of this or WHATEVER caused the lights, booms and shaking?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    908
    I saw this on the news last night, it came on as breaking news. the said there was an explosion and a possible airplane crash but that the FAA had reported no missing aircraft.

    People were saying their houses shook. One lady thought a car had hit the side of her building. They were supposed to search today in the daylight to see if they could find anything. Oh yeah and this am they said there was a very metallic smell in town after the loud explosion.

    Do metorites smell metallic?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,237
    What if it was part of the satellite we shot down in March? Would all of that have been down by now?

  8. #8
    If the Men In Black arrive on the scene today...will we ever know?! LMAO
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by phenol red View Post
    I saw this on the news last night, it came on as breaking news. the said there was an explosion and a possible airplane crash but that the FAA had reported no missing aircraft.

    People were saying their houses shook. One lady thought a car had hit the side of her building. They were supposed to search today in the daylight to see if they could find anything. Oh yeah and this am they said there was a very metallic smell in town after the loud explosion.

    Do meteorites smell metallic?

    Nope, but alien farts do! I learned that while being aboard a mothership the last time I was abducted

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567


    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Nope, but alien farts do! I learned that while being aboard a mothership the last time I was abducted

    So glad I was not drinking my drink at the time I read that! LoL I would have spewed it evrywhere!


  11. #11
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Darn! Mystery solved.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15911294/detail.html
    KOKOMO, Ind. -- The Indiana Air National Guard said Thursday that its F-16 fighter jets caused loud booms and strings of flare-like lights that lit up the night sky two nights in a row over north-central Indiana.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Maybe Planet X has arrived.
    You know it's Tom Cruise and John Travolta. Stop it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,520
    Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Darn! Mystery solved.

    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15911294/detail.html
    KOKOMO, Ind. -- The Indiana Air National Guard said Thursday that its F-16 fighter jets caused loud booms and strings of flare-like lights that lit up the night sky two nights in a row over north-central Indiana.
    Ach, that's what they always say. Definitely extra terrestrial I bet. However ya spell it.

  14. #14
    Mystery NOT solved, if you ask me. I have never "smelled" fighter jets going overhead...have any of you?!
    I live in an area where this is very common and you would know first off...if there was an F-16 in the sky above you, second...if it was a boom due to the jets (you grow accustomed to hearing those), and third...why was there a sting of flare-like lights associated with them? Sorry...this doesn't sound right.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    908
    Last night on the news they showed a video snipet of the lights and a man was there investigating he is a UFO guy and he said it was NOT a sonic boom or a Jet and he is taking the video to Denver to have it checked out at the lab.

    It seems like it took then a little bit of time to come up with the sonic boom explanation....

    then oddly enough we woke up this morning to an EARTHQUAKE what is going on here in Indiana???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What was that mysterious boom?
    By ~n/t~ in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 09:14 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 12:57 AM