Mysterious Lights, Boom Befuddle Residents, Authorities

I did a search and did not see this posted.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/15907638/detail.html

Anyone live in the area where this happened?

It sounds like meteorites to me. They burn as they pass through the atmosphere, so they light up. If they hit the ground, I imagine they'd make a loud noise and vibrate the earth if they were large enough. I wonder if they'll find evidence of this or WHATEVER caused the lights, booms and shaking?

I saw this on the news last night, it came on as breaking news. the said there was an explosion and a possible airplane crash but that the FAA had reported no missing aircraft.

People were saying their houses shook. One lady thought a car had hit the side of her building. They were supposed to search today in the daylight to see if they could find anything. Oh yeah and this am they said there was a very metallic smell in town after the loud explosion.

Do metorites smell metallic?

What if it was part of the satellite we shot down in March? Would all of that have been down by now?

I saw this on the news last night, it came on as breaking news. the said there was an explosion and a possible airplane crash but that the FAA had reported no missing aircraft.

People were saying their houses shook. One lady thought a car had hit the side of her building. They were supposed to search today in the daylight to see if they could find anything. Oh yeah and this am they said there was a very metallic smell in town after the loud explosion.

Do meteorites smell metallic?

Nope, but alien farts do! I learned that while being aboard a mothership the last time I was abducted:crazy:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nope, but alien farts do! I learned that while being aboard a mothership the last time I was abducted:crazy:

So glad I was not drinking my drink at the time I read that! LoL I would have spewed it evrywhere!

Mystery NOT solved, if you ask me. I have never "smelled" fighter jets going overhead...have any of you?!
I live in an area where this is very common and you would know first off...if there was an F-16 in the sky above you, second...if it was a boom due to the jets (you grow accustomed to hearing those), and third...why was there a sting of flare-like lights associated with them? Sorry...this doesn't sound right.

Last night on the news they showed a video snipet of the lights and a man was there investigating he is a UFO guy and he said it was NOT a sonic boom or a Jet and he is taking the video to Denver to have it checked out at the lab.

It seems like it took then a little bit of time to come up with the sonic boom explanation....

then oddly enough we woke up this morning to an EARTHQUAKE what is going on here in Indiana???

Haha!!! Meteorites tend to be reported as smelling like sulfur... which sulfur is best described as a rotten egg or fart smell. So alien fart is a good guess. :D

As for the loud booming: that could be the product of a meteorite busting up during its fiery descent. But, it happening back to back on 2 consecutive days does sound like something prompted by a man-made action... so I do believe the AirForce on this. Sonic booms are pretty fierce things... a long time ago, down in SC we had the shuttle take a different path for its landing, putting it over our area. When that sonic boom hit, it was felt and rattled pictures and windows in our house. It scared the living tar out of me. So... if people are insisting they felt something, it was probably from the sonic boom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back