1300 users online (267 members and 1033 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Family wonders why medical examiner kept murder victim's skull

There's a mystery about how a former Hennepin County Medical Examiner ended up with the skull of a Bemidji murder victim.

For Pam Sanders, her brother Ricky will always be 17 years old.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...storyid=508027

Teens Skull Found In Dead Pathologists Personal Belongings

Ricky McGuire was a highschool Senior in 1977 when he was murdered. Kenneth Osterberg was the assistant county examiner at the time. Well, Kenny is deceased and his daughter found skulls in amongst his stuff. Poor Ricky McGuire's family now has to deal with this bunk. He had a closed casket and his sister said that absolutely nobody gave permission for anybody to keep parts of her brother's body. Poor lady. See, this is why I'm getting cremated for real.http://www.kttc.com/News/index.php?ID=24100

I noticed the article reads "skulls" so he presumably kept more than one and either have not released the names of the others or they don't know who they belong to???
    Strange... You find strange strange people in all walks of life. I imagine this would be a field that could attract the bizzare.

How terrible for his family after so many years.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I noticed the article reads "skulls" so he presumably kept more than one and either have not released the names of the others or they don't know who they belong to???
    Strange... You find strange strange people in all walks of life. I imagine this would be a field that could attract the bizzare.

How terrible for his family after so many years.
    Isn't it awful, Cubby. As if his family hasn't suffered enough. I'm thinking perhaps he could have been selling organs as well because the casket was closed. Very weird, and plain rotten.