1465 users online (325 members and 1140 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Teens Charged After Boy Rides In Trunk, TV Gets Back Seat

This made me laugh...I can just see some crazy kids doing something like this.
    I don't think the kids should have been charged. A warning would have probably been fine. Another thing...two teens were charged, but NOT the one who voluntarily rode back there.

A Tennessee teen may have taken a sacrifice for the love of electronics too far. Cumberland County police officers found the 16-year-old riding in the trunk of a Toyota Corolla on Monday so that a television that didn’t fit there could have the back seat, WSMV.com reports.
    Police were alerted by a 911 call from a relative who saw the boy get in the trunk, spurring officials to think the worst. Only after they stopped the car did police realize the teen was riding illegally voluntarily, because a TV wouldn’t fit.
    Cory McDaniel and Rhonda Howard have been charged with reckless endangerment for driving around with the boy in the trunk.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351585,00.html

I agree. They shouldn't have been charged. The officer could have just told them what a stupid idea it was. They probably thought it was cool.

I disagree... I'm glad they were charged. If they got away with this, then many others (especially kids) would do it knowing there was no consequences... it's dangerous and stupid. They're lucky someone didn't rear-end that car with that young man in the trunk...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Oh man, they should have just given these kids a warning. These kids are not criminals, just dumb teenagers.

Geez, while we never put anyone in the trunk (that I remember, anyway) we sure did some dumb things as teens. I don't think they should've been charged either.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

When did "stupid" become a crime?

When i was young sometimes we'd have some trunk riders if the car itself was too crowded; i've rode in a trunk myself back in the day. They shouldn't charge these teens. Warning is sufficient.

I can't imagine NOT charging them. Of course they should be charged,IMO.