881 users online (126 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Windows XP going off market in June: What it means

Microsoft originally announced over a year ago that Windows XP would be going off the market in January 2008. XP was later given a brief stay of execution, to June 30, 2008. That deadline is fast approaching, which has led to much panicking from people who aren't quite sure what XP's "going off market" means, exactly.
    People are still as confused as ever. So let's take a stab at clarifying, once again, what's going to happen by answering some frequently asked questions about XP's imminent disappearance:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/25252

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I hated xp....glad it's going bye bye.

hubby has vista (new pc) i have xp (3 yr old pc) he HATES it. he says they havent worked out half the bugs.

i guess im safe till 2014, by then maybe there will be a gates free OS that i can use lol

What it means for me is that I have to decide whether to replace my aging computer before June........or wait another couple of years. I have xp and have not had problems with it. But I know people that have Vista and hate it! Lots of problems loading other software on their computer.

We have Vista on our laptops and love it!!! We haven't had any problems.

I'm hoping my ageing XP machine will survive for a few more years, at least until Windows 7 is released. LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    We have Vista on our laptops and love it!!! We haven't had any problems.
    Jules, which version of Vista do you have? I have heard that some versions are better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Malini2001 View Post
    Jules, which version of Vista do you have? I have heard that some versions are better than others.
    We have the Premium Home Version.

I have vista on my new computer and I don't notice anything wrong with it. What I hate is the new microsoft office word, 2007. It is totally different and everything is hard to find. I also cannot single space, which is hard when a teacher specifically asks for single space and your grade depends on it.

I have XP and can only hope that Vista is a lot better.

Go Mac: once you go Mac, you will never go back. That is how I handled my Windows situation, this past Winter... best investment move I have ever made when it comes to computing. My old laptop and desktop ran XP, and when I tried to move to Vista (after being warned by a Microsoft guy that it was very buggy), that was an utter disaster... even after upgrading my processors and ram. So... I took the jump to Mac and am so glad I did.

I have the new Vista and love it. My family and I like it much better than xp.

i bought my son a new computer, that isn't exactly 'top of the line' and it came with vista, and it was horrible! so i put xp on it.

i bought myself a computer, very advanced and 'top of the line' and vista works excellent on it.

i think it's pretty sick that they only sell vista with lower priced computers.

xp runs great on his computer btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Go Mac: once you go Mac, you will never go back. That is how I handled my Windows situation, this past Winter... best investment move I have ever made when it comes to computing. My old laptop and desktop ran XP, and when I tried to move to Vista (after being warned by a Microsoft guy that it was very buggy), that was an utter disaster... even after upgrading my processors and ram. So... I took the jump to Mac and am so glad I did.
    A Freakin' Men!!! I did this too!

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Oh I agree! Mac rules! I LOVE my laptop!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast