Windows XP going off market in June: What it means

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Microsoft originally announced over a year ago that Windows XP would be going off the market in January 2008. XP was later given a brief stay of execution, to June 30, 2008. That deadline is fast approaching, which has led to much panicking from people who aren't quite sure what XP's "going off market" means, exactly.
People are still as confused as ever. So let's take a stab at clarifying, once again, what's going to happen by answering some frequently asked questions about XP's imminent disappearance:

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/25252

hubby has vista (new pc) i have xp (3 yr old pc) he HATES it. he says they havent worked out half the bugs.

i guess im safe till 2014, by then maybe there will be a gates free OS that i can use lol

What it means for me is that I have to decide whether to replace my aging computer before June........or wait another couple of years. I have xp and have not had problems with it. But I know people that have Vista and hate it! Lots of problems loading other software on their computer.

We have Vista on our laptops and love it!!! We haven't had any problems.

I'm hoping my ageing XP machine will survive for a few more years, at least until Windows 7 is released. LINK

I have vista on my new computer and I don't notice anything wrong with it. What I hate is the new microsoft office word, 2007. It is totally different and everything is hard to find. I also cannot single space, which is hard when a teacher specifically asks for single space and your grade depends on it.

Go Mac: once you go Mac, you will never go back. :D That is how I handled my Windows situation, this past Winter... best investment move I have ever made when it comes to computing. My old laptop and desktop ran XP, and when I tried to move to Vista (after being warned by a Microsoft guy that it was very buggy), that was an utter disaster... even after upgrading my processors and ram. So... I took the jump to Mac and am so glad I did.

I have the new Vista and love it. My family and I like it much better than xp.

i bought my son a new computer, that isn't exactly 'top of the line' and it came with vista, and it was horrible! so i put xp on it.

i bought myself a computer, very advanced and 'top of the line' and vista works excellent on it.

i think it's pretty sick that they only sell vista with lower priced computers.

xp runs great on his computer btw.

Go Mac: once you go Mac, you will never go back. :D That is how I handled my Windows situation, this past Winter... best investment move I have ever made when it comes to computing. My old laptop and desktop ran XP, and when I tried to move to Vista (after being warned by a Microsoft guy that it was very buggy), that was an utter disaster... even after upgrading my processors and ram. So... I took the jump to Mac and am so glad I did.

A Freakin' Men!!! I did this too!

Oh I agree! Mac rules!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I LOVE my laptop! :D

Another Mac user here. :woohoo: Although I have the Microsoft stuff installed on my computers I hate them and only use them when absolutely necessary.

We bought a new laptop last fall..
I was debating between Vista and XP..
The internet hook up guy from our cable company told me that he had heard several problems with Vista... So, I went with XP.. I have had no problems with it..

We bought a new laptop last fall..
I was debating between Vista and XP..
The internet hook up guy from our cable company told me that he had heard several problems with Vista... So, I went with XP.. I have had no problems with it..

I keep hearing that but we've been very happy with it. We got our new laptops last fall too. So weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back