1201 users online (256 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation 5.4 Earthquake rocks Illinois

http://www.wkyc.com/news/email_artic...?storyid=87528
    The quake hit just before 4:37 AM and was centered six miles from West Salem in southern Illinois and was felt in Chicago, about 230 miles away.

There were no immediate reports of injuries.

My husband thought it was a hoax on the radio!! He called me to switch on the local news to see if it was true...crazy!

We are in Chicago, but we didn't feel anything, Thank God!!

It's so strange to hear the safety procedures for earthquakes on all the local news!
    Above is my opinion only

I felt it. My husband thought I was crazy and rolled over and went back to sleep. When I finally got up and showered and turned on the radio and heard it, I woke him up going, "I told you! I told you it was an earthquake!" LOL

I was just rushing over here to post this too! http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=175333&src=109

WEST SALEM -- A 5.4 magnitude earthquake that appeared to rival the strongest recorded in the region rocked people up to 450 miles away early Friday, surprising residents unaccustomed to such a powerful Midwest temblor.

The quake just before 4:37 a.m. was centered six miles from West Salem, Ill., and 66 miles from Evansville, Ind. It was felt in such distant cities as Chicago, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, and Des Moines, Iowa, 450 miles northwest of the epicenter, but there were no early reports of injuries or significant damage.

I'm glad you are o.k., Brefie. That seems like such a big earthquake for a place that's not built to take them that size. I hope all of our IL friends are o.k.

I was sound asleep at that point. Didn't feel a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I'm glad you are o.k., Brefie. That seems like such a big earthquake for a place that's not built to take them that size. I hope all of our IL friends are o.k.

I was sound asleep at that point. Didn't feel a thing.
    Aw, thanks....you too

Calling all IL & IN posters....check in and let us know you are safe!!
    Above is my opinion only

We felt it here. I was just trying to wake up when I heard things rattling in the house...lol. What a way to start a Friday!
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by deb2007 View Post
    We felt it here. I was just trying to wake up when I heard things rattling in the house...lol. What a way to start a Friday!
    Deb
    HAPPY, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

At least they were just ratting and not bashing you and your fam on the head
    Above is my opinion only

I felt it too!!!!! Sounded as if someone was breaking into my house. My windows were shaking something crazy...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brefie View Post
    Aw, thanks....you too

Calling all IL & IN posters....check in and let us know you are safe!!
    We're good here in Peoria. We did feel it. Our bed was shaking. I thought a plane had crashed because the air show is this weekened and they have been practicing for the last couple days and that shakes your house when 4 blue angles fly right on top of it but I thought it odd they would be flying at 4:30 this morning. My dog was going balistic so he definitely felt it. When I dropped my kids off at my moms they are all did you guys feel the earthquake. They said there beds shook too. It only lasted about a minute but it was a very strange feeling.

Whew I am so glad the ones of you have posted so far are ok!!

I hope everyone who hasn't posted yet are ok and I hope everyone in the area are all well!

I live in Louisville Ky, and we felt it here too. I was sound asleep ... my fiance woke me up at 5:30 this morning, the exchange went something like this:

him: honey, I think we just had an earthquake.
    me: I think you just had a dream.
    him: no, I'm not talking in my sleep ... I think we really just had an earthquake!

I had to turn on the news before I believed him. I swear, I could sleep through the apocalypse!

Whitney, you should have turned over to him and said ...

"Honey, it's nice to know I can still rock your world!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhitneyLea View Post
    I live in Louisville Ky, and we felt it here too. I was sound asleep ... my fiance woke me up at 5:30 this morning, the exchange went something like this:

him: honey, I think we just had an earthquake.
    me: I think you just had a dream.
    him: no, I'm not talking in my sleep ... I think we really just had an earthquake!

I had to turn on the news before I believed him. I swear, I could sleep through the apocalypse!
    A lot of my coworkers are saying there spouses thought they were crazy too until they seen the news this morning, LOL.

Wow Im surprised, I hope no one is badly hurt.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast