Maryland woman gives birth to rare quadruplets, 3 identical

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org
Maryland woman gives birth to rare quadruplets, 3 identical

There are fewer than 100 documented cases of "identical triplets plus one" in the United States, hospital officials said.

Two embryos were implanted into the mother, and both were fertilized, hospital spokesman Michael Schwartzberg said. One of them split, then split again, creating the identical triplets.

More at link

Incredible! I wonder if the *plus one* will start out with a complex of some sort lol.

congrats to the family,
may the babies have a happy, healthy, life.

JBean:

I was also going to say something about the "plus one".........

I am praying that he/she won't feel left out seeing three identical and there is he/she not looking like them at all. Could this become a serious emotional problem at some time??? Guess the only one that can answer that question, would be the "plus one" from the other 100 documented cases.

Four babies at once! I am doing good to take care of one! Congrats to the new parents!

BTW, Hi Little Deer!:blowkiss:

A young couple in our area had natural identical quads a few years back. No in vitro or anything like that. 4 beautiful identical little girls. They said that was also extremely rare. They had to put little thread bracelets of different colors on them to tell them apart the first week. Good luck to the new parents, they are going to need all the help they can get to manage 4 newborns.

How very cute those babies are. Its not every day that a woman can say she gave birth to triplets AND twins at the same time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back