720 users online (75 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Snickers the sea dog...

An awesome end to a rather odd journey for one cute little pup:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351714,00.html

It is a wonderful story, I read it earlier this morning. But my first thought was what happened to his owners? why didn't they take him with them when they left? and if they couldn't, why didn't they get him back now? But at least Snickers has a home now. Cute little guy.

Thank God this pup made it!
    My thought also, was why didn't the owners take him? I would put my life on the line for my dogs, they are part of the family. It is beautiful how so many people worked together to save Snickers and the Macaw bird!
    Those original owners the Merrows ought to be ashamed of themselves! Now we can rest assured Snickers and the Macaw will find loving homes =)

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    It is a wonderful story, I read it earlier this morning. But my first thought was what happened to his owners? why didn't they take him with them when they left? and if they couldn't, why didn't they get him back now? But at least Snickers has a home now. Cute little guy.
    My thoughts exactly! I couldn't leave my pets behind.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    beavis ... i wondered the same things !!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I read the original owners were adrift and then stranded on that island. The ship that picked them up would not allow the dog or bird to go with them. IMO, it must have been heartbreaking leaving them behind like that.