993 users online (201 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

CA - Mayor, wife get jail in theft of $20K from little league

A former mayor of a California high desert town and his wife have been sentenced to 6 months in jail for the theft of more than $20,000 from Little League coffers.

Jim Nehmens, 50, and Kelly Nehmens, 44, pleaded guilty to grand theft by embezzlement and perjury Thursday.

The former mayor was president of the Adelanto Little League, and his wife was a board member during the years the money from the league's annual fireworks sales went missing. The money was taken over three years starting in 2004.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

What?! A MAYOR!!!???!! What is wrong with people?!

Supposedly the people in charge of our team's uniform purchases didn't pay the total due and now they won't let our team play in the same league as last year (which was a good one). I don't know the whole story, but we had plenty of fundraisers and it's BS that there wasn't enough money to pay for the uniforms.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
    We just had opening day for my sons little league and the Mayor spoke. I feel like this is so hateful. A lot of the parents scrape the money to put their kids in this for someone to pocket it that already has money and it makes me sick.