NE NE - Ann Marie Riekenberg Kelley, 36, Beatrice, 15 April 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=8198435&nav=menu550_2

19 April 08

The search is on for a missing woman in Gage County. The Sheriff's Department is looking for 36-year old Ann Kelly. She is from Beatrice.

The last time anyone saw her was on Tuesday morning, as she was leaving for work.

Gage County Deputies say Kelly may be driving a Gray, 1991 Plymouth Voyager with Nebraska Plates. If you know where she is, call the Gage County Sheriff at 402-228-4343.

no pic at link

Missing woman's husband arrested on unrelated warrant

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 - 10:48:00 am CDT
The husband of a missing rural Filley woman was arrested Monday on a warrant unrelated to his wife’s disappearance, Gage County authorities said Tuesday morning.

In a news release, Sheriff Millard Gustafson and County Attorney Randall Ritnour said William Kelley Jr. was arrested on an active warrant for a criminal matter unrelated to the search for Kelley’s wife, Ann Marie Kelley.

http://www.journalstar.com/news/nebraska/doc480e07cf3fb44060087769.txt

Filley woman still missing; AG's office joins search

By the Lincoln Journal Star

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 - 04:52:05 pm CDT
The search for a missing Filley woman continued Wednesday, eight days after she was last seen driving to work in her gray 1991 Plymouth Voyager.

Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour said an investigator from the Attorney General’s office had joined the search for 37-year-old Ann Kelley Wednesday.

Investigators were looking into several leads, including Kelley’s credit card activity, Ritnour said. He declined to elaborate.

more at link: http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/04/24/news/nebraska/doc480fae76dd0a5763610172.txt

Husband was arrested for a traffic violation

New story, not much info:

http://www.journalstar.com/news/nebraska/doc48174d25696f9633125160.txt

Officials ask for public's help in case of missing woman

BY CARA PESEK / Lincoln Journal Star

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 - 11:40:06 am CDT
BEATRICE – Two weeks ago Tuesday, William Kelley Jr. said goodbye to his wife, Ann Marie Kelley, and left for work.

Just under three hours later, at 8:25 a.m., the 37-year-old mother of four was seen by a relative as she drove into Beatrice, where, a few minutes later, she bought a few things at Sun-Mart. She hasn't called any friends or relatives. She didn't even take her cell phone with her.

And then she disappeared.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/04/30/news/local/doc48174a7b9397b251457061.txt

By Harold Campbell
Daily Sun editorTuesday, Apr 29, 2008 - 02:20:20 pm CDT
Gage County authorities have issued an appeal for information from anyone concerning the whereabouts of Ann Marie Kelley, a 36-year-old rural Filley woman who has been missing since April 15.

“I want to emphasize that no bit of information is insignificant, any information is important,” Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour said at a press conference Tuesday morning at the Gage County Courthouse.

“We have to have those people with information to come forward.”

So far, Ritnour said, the investigation over the past two weeks into Kelley’s disappearance has turned up nothing. There has been no sign of her gray 1991 Plymouth Voyager minivan she was last seen driving, while an investigation into her credit card and bank records has revealed nothing unusual.

But Ritnour said what worries investigators the most is that Kelley has apparently not contacted any friends or relatives since she was reported missing.

“We’ve watched her bank records and we’ve tried to check as many avenues as possible, but we have come up with absolutely nothing,” he said. “That’s what causes us some real concern.”

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/07/29/news/local/doc488f28214de6d284664036.txt

29 July 08

William T. Kelley Jr. of Filley has pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor misrepresentation of unemployment insurance, said Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour.

Kelley, 37, is the husband of Ann Marie Kelley, who disappeared in April. He was charged with eight counts of unemployment insurance fraud after investigators discovered a warrant for his arrest on the fraud charges during the investigation into Ann Marie Kelley’s disappearance. He was ordered to pay restitution of $2,280.

Ann Marie Kelley, 36, was last seen the morning of April 15 driving her dark gray, wood-paneled 1991 Plymouth Voyager minivan. The mother of four has not contacted friends or family or used her credit cards since then.

more at link

Her husband sounds like a real piece of work. If I was in LE I would have him at the top of my list. I wonder what kind of marriage they had? He sexually assulted a teenager? That may have caused some problems between husband and wife! He probably said goodbye to her that morning alright!
Wonder if the house and vehicles have been searched. Seems like LE should have the right to get a search warrent on homes and vehicles anytime the spouse is the last person to see a missing person.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/10/15/news/local/doc48f5fb8d829b6681512732.txt

She still hasn't been found.

Snipped from the article above:

"Last month, he said, investigators noticed there had been some activity on Kelley’s credit card account. But it turned out that William Kelley’s sister had made the charges, Ritnour said."

That's the only thing that caught my eye. There had been no activity on her CC's until they discovered that WK sister had made charges. Was his sister a registered user? It's neither here nor there but I'm just curious.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/10/15/news/local/doc48f5fb8d829b6681512732.txt

She still hasn't been found.

Snipped from the article above:

"Last month, he said, investigators noticed there had been some activity on Kelley’s credit card account. But it turned out that William Kelley’s sister had made the charges, Ritnour said."

That's the only thing that caught my eye. There had been no activity on her CC's until they discovered that WK sister had made charges. Was his sister a registered user? It's neither here nor there but I'm just curious.

Why would she be using her credit card???? Nobody should have her credit card in their possession. Does that mean she knows that Ann isn't coming back so she can go ahead and use it??

Missing woman’s husband pleads guilty to four felonies

William Kelley Jr. of rural Filley faces a total of 55 years in prison for pleading guilty to four felonies in Gage County District Court on Thursday. The action comes as part of a plea agreement from Gage County Attorney Randy Ritnour.

Kelley, 38, is the husband of Ann Marie Kelley, who has been missing since April 15, 2008. The Kelleys have four children, ranging in age between 3 and 15.

On April 21, 2008, the Gage County Sheriff’s Department obtained a search warrant on the Kelley property three miles east and two miles north of Filley.

Sheriff’s Sgt. Joe Kubicek found marijuana growing materials and a marijuana plant in a motor home on the property. He also found two weapons registered to Mr. Kelley, an alleged convicted felon.

Kelley served time for a felony conviction in 1994.

A separate case against Kelley regarded the alleged sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2009/03/19/news/local/doc49c2b3d335e11975857464.txt

More at link.

Missing but Not Forgotten: The Search For Ann Marie Kelley
Nearly a year after a Gage County woman went missing, investigators say they are no closer to finding out what happened to her.
Last April 15th was the last time family members either heard from or saw 36 year old Ann Marie Kelley.
As the one year anniversary of her disappearance approaches, investigators say potential leads in the case have been few and far between.
However, that does not mean they have stopped looking. On the third floor of the Gage County Courthouse, a local task force formed to investigate her case has set up a "war room".
Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour says the task force is made up of the sheriff's department, Beatrice Police Department and Nebraska State Patrol, among other law enforcement agencies.
"We're not saying that Ann Marie Kelley is deceased," said Ritnour "but we certainly can say that no sighting has been found in the country or at least reported to us, there has been no sighting of the car. There simply is no trace."
Days following her disappearance, Gage County officials searched the area around her home for any clues.
According to Ritnour, authorities have also conducted several searches since then, which have all turned up nothing.
"Many of the sand pits and lakes in Gage County and surrounding counties were either dived or dredged trying to locate either the car or her," said Ritnour.
Investigators have created a time line to help track what Ann Marie was doing the day she went missing.
According to this information, at 5:45 a.m. Ann Marie left her home that morning. At 7:22 a.m. she sent a text to her husband William Kelley and dropped her kids off at school. At 8:14 a.m. investigators say she made a purchase at SunMart. Then at 8:45 her mother called Ann, while at minute later she used her key pass at the community college where she worked. About an hour later, at 9:43 a.m. she called her employer, and at 9:55 a.m. she made a call to Beatrice Public Schools.
Investigators say that was the last known contact Ann Marie made that day.
At 6:40 that evening, Ritnour says her husband called the Gage County Sheriff's Department to report Ann Marie missing.
"It is entirely possible that she has just left, but normally you would see some trace of her somewhere," said Ritnour.
He says there has been no financial activity by Ann Marie since the day she disappeared.
Even though it has been nearly a year since she disappeared, investigators vow to try to find the key piece in the puzzle, which only becomes more difficult with time.

http://www.kolnkgin.com/home/headlines/42066162.html

That's crazy. My birthday is April 15th and my name is Kelly Ann (sounds like marie). I certainly hope this family can get some answers soon, bless their hearts.

The search continues

Members of the Gage County Sheriff’s Office continued the search for Ann Marie Kelley Monday morning at her rural Filley home, this time with the help of a cadaver search dog.

But, once again, the search came up empty.
Monday’s search didn’t bring any new outcome to the case, Sandersfeld said.

Other searches with the cadaver dog are planned for the future.

“We’ll keep looking,” he said.

Among the areas police will reexamine with the cadaver dog will be sand pits near Blue Springs. The area was scheduled to be looked at Monday, but poor road conditions delayed the search.

There is a long list of items that investigators would like to revisit on this case, including a complete review of the evidence and interviews, Sandersfeld said. It will also include searches in other areas of Gage County.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2009/05/05/news/local/doc4a0045c0d0694211803757.txt

Kelley sentenced for child abuse, firearm charges

William Kelley Jr. - the husband of Ann Marie Kelley, who has been missing since April 15, 2008 - was sentenced to more than 16 years in prison Thursday in an unrelated case.

Judge Daniel Bryan Jr. presided over Kelley’s sentencing for two counts of child abuse, two counts of felon in possession of a firearm and one count providing false information on a firearm application.

William and Ann Marie Kelley have four children, ranging in age from 3 to 15.
For the application information charges, Bryan sentenced Kelley to 20 to 60 months.

Bryan said the total time sentenced to be served, up to 20 years, could be cut in half.

Kelley will be eligible for parole at the half way mark on each charge.

More at link:
http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2009/06/12/news/local/doc4a326a778cd9e991468330.txt

Does anyone think we can get Tim Miller to organize a search? My gut feeling is that she's in the van under water, since the van hasn't been found. I've been wrong before, though-it's story of my life ;). Is anyone familiar with the terrain in the area near Filley/Beatrice? I read about sand pits and quarries...Are there a lot of rivers and lakes in the area? It seems like they have searched endlessly for this poor woman .I wonder where hubby's cell phone pinged from that day. I'm assuming ( I know, I know lol) that the Eric Brox story (http://www.beatricedailysun.com/articles/2008/10/18/news/local/doc48f9e25a6c8d3842678742.txt )has been discounted by authorities who have had time enough to compare the bloody clothing found with Ann's blood type. I wonder whose blood that was, though.
Ann Marie Kelley's name should be up there with Lisa's and Stacy's. Maybe if enough of us email NG or JVM we can get them to air Ann's story? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back