Can you say "Airbrush"?

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
or am i simply a horrible jealous old cow? :D

Elizabeth Hurley
Proving she is the yummiest mummy, the model, actress and producer is the latest high profile clothes horse for high street Spanish chain Mango and though she may be a 42-year-old mum-of-one in the labels skimpy beachwear she reveals a figure most women half her age would envy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...73&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

LOL! I'd never call someone a cow, let alone an old one!

I think maybe it's a combination, of keeping herself up and looking good (she still models, and I believe is still a spokeswoman for Estee Lauder) but yes, it's probably a bit of airbrushing. She looked pretty darn good in her wedding photos last year, and i'm not sure they're airbrushed if you kwim? But again, I could be wrong about that too LOL.

BUt if I look HALF that good in 13 years I'll be one helluva happy camper!!!:woohoo:

She's absolutely beautiful, but they over photoshopped her. She looks 18 instead of anywhere near her natural age. You wouldn't look at the photos and say, "Wow, that's Elizabeth Hurley!" She's virtually unrecognizable.

I think she is so gorgeous. But those pics are definitely airbrushed.

I think just about every picture we see out there is airbrushed.

Yes, i think you make a good point. how do we make our teens (and 40-somethings) understand this so they don't feel as inadequate as i? :crazy:

definitely airbrush. the bottom picture shows her as she really is, beautiful.

i got a tear in my eye when i followed a link to emma watson's pic. she is skeletal :( i wouldnt have recognized her without the caption. so sad...

Yes, i think you make a good point. how do we make our teens (and 40-somethings) understand this so they don't feel as inadequate as i? :crazy:
It's an ongoing problem Floh. I was watching a short on how they airbrushed and adjusted Gwyneth Paltrow, and other beautiful stars for the movie still promos.Bigger *advertiser censored*, higher butts, the works. It is just the way the industry works.
We just have to keep having dialogue with our girls AND boys. These boys find themselves looking for this *imaginary* woman and it is as much a problem for them as it is for our girls.

But EH is still stunning. :)

definitely airbrush. the bottom picture shows her as she really is, beautiful.

i got a tear in my eye when i followed a link to emma watson's pic. she is skeletal :( i wouldnt have recognized her without the caption. so sad...

What? what happened to her?

It's an ongoing problem Floh. I was watching a short on how they airbrushed and adjusted Gwyneth Paltrow, and other beautiful stars for the movie still promos.Bigger *advertiser censored*, higher butts, the works. It is just the way the industry works.
We just have to keep having dialogue with our girls AND boys. These boys find themselves looking for this *imaginary* woman and it is as much a problem for them as it is for our girls.

But EH is still stunning. :)

Yes indeed!

I think just about every picture we see out there is airbrushed.

The trick is to make a person look natural and enhance their features, not turn them into someone else. Just because you can erase 20+ years doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Here's a sample of how an elderly woman was photoshop to a young woman.

fountain%20of%20youth%20thumb.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back